Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 04-07-2005, 09:10 PM   #1  

Default Confused About Response

Hello............

My first post was asking about Body Flex and Oxycise. The few responses I did get made me feel like a complete idiot for asking, however the reason I asked was because of the page after page of posts praising both products. The FTC was even mentioned in these posts but people were going against all that singing the praises of their results using these products.

I figured if people were not willing to get a refund and trying get the FTC to turn around their ruling, becuase this product (BF) was giving them such good results............hey, there must be something to this. Believe me there were many posts...... Did all these people have such a big change of heart for somehing they were soooooooooo willing to stand up for even after all the bad press. Just curious what happened to all of these people.
CIRCLES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2005, 10:34 PM   #2  
it's always something

Infomercial products are always popular for a little while, but often end up in garage sales or in the trash bin. Many of these products seem to work at first, especially if you have been sedentary or have not dieted in a long time. However, many times products like bodyflex don't actually work at all, but they trigger the desire to stay on a diet and exercise program. I think the large groups that were excited about the bodyflex or oxycise programs were motivated and inspired to lose weight. It's the placebo effect. They thought it was working, so they subsconsciously ate less, and lost weight. When you are that immersed into a program, you don't want to accept that it may be bogus. It's just human nature. So they stuck by it. But as time went on, maybe they realized that the FTC was telling the truth after all.

I'm not saying this is what happened, but am just offering it as a suggestion There may well be people out there that are still following the program.

The bodyflex program is available again, and they have changed the claims that got them into trouble in the first place. However, looking at their website, it's easy to see how this product helps you to lose weight.

You are provided with a calorie controlled diet plan.
You are encouraged to eat three meals and two snacks daily.
You are encouraged to eat breakfast every day.
You are encouraged to drink 8 to 10 glasses of water each day.

This is all excellent advice that has been proven to help weight loss. If you do those things, you don't need to buy the product.
Suzanne 3FC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2005, 08:53 PM   #3  

Thanks a lot for the response, everything you said did make a lot of sense.
CIRCLES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2005, 04:48 PM   #4  

Hi Circles,
A while back there was a big forum for Oxycise on here and I was part of that forum. I love Oxycise and I did get great results from using it but everytime I used it for a while I ended up getting a respiratory infection and had to stop. Proper breathing is very important in any exercise regime. I believe the Oxycise program worked so well because it was coupled with Isotonic exercises almost yoga like. Whenever I want to trim inches quickly I will still use my Oxycise workouts. They really did work for me. I'm not a big fan of BF because I found it too harsh. Oxycise is much gentlier to me. I hope this helped.
ras8779 is offline   Reply With Quote