Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 04-07-2005, 09:14 AM   #1  
I CAN DO THIS

Default Thursday Chat ~ April 7th

Good Morning Ladies

Welcome Marie and Skermie

How is everyone doing today? It's rainy here but in the high 50's so not to bad.
Got my license issue fixed.. and am semi ok. This week has been awful so far but trying to get things back to some kind of normal. If there is such a thing.

Have to go make the kids breakfast. Hope Everyone has a Good Day

/hugs

Last edited by Ashlie; 04-07-2005 at 11:40 AM.
Ashlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2005, 10:15 AM   #2  

Hi

Off to bed!

Liz
liz321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2005, 10:55 AM   #3  
prepare for the BEST time

DUUUHHHH....Please let today be Thursday... because if its Wednesday again, I have that much more work to do!!!! I'm wrestlng with the fact that it is time to take care of my elderly mother....she's 84 and pretty sharp (faster than me some days), but now has limitations and we must pick up the slack...my brother and SIL are great and do more than me , but we try to make the most of it.....my mother is still independant for the most part, but needs to be driiven about as her driving skills are not safe anymore.....
marbleflys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2005, 11:41 AM   #4  
I CAN DO THIS

Lol you didn't see that..
Ashlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2005, 01:23 PM   #5  

Today is a beautiful day in Kodiak. Too bad I'm stuck inside testing kids. Hope the weather stays around for the weekend. Looking forward to finishing testing and moving on to something else. Hope everyone has a great day.
SKermie17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2005, 01:59 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

good afternoon gang!

I had to go for my yearly "squeeze" this morning. Man those mammograms are uncomfortable. Ya know, we work so hard to "try" to keep our boobs firm and from heading south and it just cannot be good to squeeze and contort them so - can it?

Hey Ashlie - glad you got your license straightened out!

Hey Marble - how is your friend doing today?

Welcome Dori - are you in Alaska?

Kathy - how did it go with the career counselor yesterday?

Cin - what ya doing today?

Sue Marie - the game sounds like fun. post some pics!

Leenie - where is the today?

Welcome Marie - what ages are your sons? I have 2 sons and they are almost 21 and 17.

Liz - nitey nite!

ok - I've got to do paperwork

later gaters
hugs,
cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2005, 02:20 PM   #7  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Morning all, yes it's still morning in OR. Things are going pretty good. Work is quiet (no boss) and I'm staying on my plan. I am getting hungry for lunch but I will make it another 45 minute by drinking my ice water.

My dr. wants me to be caffeine free so that she knows whether she's treating the bipolar or the caffeine. so today it's official - I'm going caffeine free. I have to run to the store since my office only has caffeinated soda stashed in it. Caffeine Free Diet Pepsi, here I come. Oh, and dull headed for the next day or two, too. I hate caffeine withdrawal.

Cathy, the squeeze is painful, pure and simple. I hate those womanly things. And I have and 18 and a 19 year old. I love having older kids but the 18 yo just started dating a 16 yo and that is making me nervous. I need to have a talk with him about the strict statutory rape laws in OR. I know I'm a paranoid mother, but that stuff worries me.

Marble, the aging parent problem is hard. I hope you figure out where you can help the most.

Dori, get outside and enjoy a little bit of the weather for me. It's raining here.

Have a healthy and happy day.
Marie
Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2005, 03:56 PM   #8  

Hi everyone.....it's a dreary day here.....cloudy & grey. I am doing good with the WW Core program.....the cravings are gone.....it's hard to believe after all the years of craving unhealthy food.

I was on Celebrex for a little over a year for osteoarthritis.....it was sending my blood pressure up......the doctor said it was probably the Celebrex sending my blood pressure up.....it is coming down now....132/68.....so I gradually went off the Celebrex. I went to the Naturopath....went on MSM.....a pareceutical grade.

DH & I went & got pictures for the living room & dining room yesterday.....he changed the floors from rugs to laminate flooring & painted the walls a blue green color this winter. He is putting up the pictures now.

Marie.....welcome....I tried to go off caffeine once.....I had such a horrible headache for 3 days.....I went back on the coffee.....I only drink 2 cups a day.

April
april99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2005, 05:25 PM   #9  
CIN

Wow
To be perfectly honest I thought no one started the thread today since it has the wrong day on it.so I was too lazy to start it myeslf!
CIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2005, 05:30 PM   #10  
CIN

Myself
cont.
Took all 4 grandchildren to a local childrens museum.It was more practical to buy a season pass for all 4 than to pay for one time.so I did! $30 for today or $75. for a year with 4 kids.what a deal!Think I will do the same for our favorite water park this summer!

Pooped.keeping up with 4 even with my daughter was pretty tiring! Of course we went to Baskin Robbins afterwards.I got sherbert Let the kids get the chocolate cones and whole 9 yards since I wasnt bringing them home!

Oh well..................making more precious memories! (hopefully)

See you all Friday!
CIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2005, 06:20 PM   #11  

I failed to get up to workout YET again. I am going to have to just force myself to do so when I get home from work. I got an under the desk cycle this week, so I can do computer stuff at home while still getting some exercise but I need to just take the 45 mins for the weights and yoga first.

Otherwise, I am ok today.
fatbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2005, 07:54 PM   #12  

Slept 4 hours ugh!

Beautiful spring day.......one more night tonight......and then off for fri, sat and sun....gonna spring clean.....

Liz
liz321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2005, 01:00 AM   #13  
Oooo Silly Me!

Today was a loooooooong day.... I got out of class at 9. Usually my long day is on Tuesday, but because I skipped class to go to the Angels game so I attended another class session to make up for the one I skipped.

Last day of spring break from work tommorrow, no class... I'll post more... I got calculus homework *sniffle* waaah!

Take care everyone
Sue...
SueMarie301 is offline   Reply With Quote