South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 04-06-2005, 03:49 PM   #1  

Default newbie

Hi all -- I am brand new the SB diet. I went to see my doctor yesterday, and my cholesterol and triglycerides are up. He specifically mentioned the SB diet as being a good one to follow, so here I am. Any advice for a beginner?
Old 04-06-2005, 03:52 PM   #2  
Michael Ann 1973

My first word of advice would be to definitely read the book. It really helps you to buy in to the program and to understand why it is truly beneficial.

Also, know that it really works, without a doubt and you will feel so much better once you detox.

I can't really say enough about the program, it is wonderful and will change your life!

Best of luck!
Old 04-06-2005, 03:54 PM   #3  
Working for the Cruise!

Hello! Check out the FAQ section and be sure to buy the book. The key is preparation! A diet is easy to follow when you're relaxed and enoying it. It's toughest during the stressful times. Always have backup plans and extra on plan food on hand! Good Luck and Welcome! You'll find lots of support here.
Old 04-06-2005, 05:08 PM   #4  

Height: 5'-2"

Deb, welcome to the Beach! Yes, there's lots of great info here... take a good look around, and please post any and everywhere!
Old 04-07-2005, 08:21 AM   #5  

Thanks for the support! I have bought the book, just started to read it, and it sounds totally sensible. Looking forward to losing some weight before my daughter gets married this summer.
Old 04-07-2005, 09:02 AM   #6  
GARDENING ADDICT

Hi Deb!! Welcome to the beach
Old 04-07-2005, 09:25 AM   #7  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Welcome to The Beach, Deb50.
Please note that the food lists in the book are outdated. Check out the Phase I foodlist in the FAQ section and use that.
My blood sugar, pressure and other tests have normalized since starting this plan. It works! and
Old 04-07-2005, 09:50 AM   #8  
Tina

Welcome aboard Deb!
Old 04-07-2005, 10:27 AM   #9  

First advice is to prepare yourself for detox. First 3 or 4 days WILL be hard, you'll be tired and moody most likely. SF Jell-o saved me those first few days. DON'T GET DISCOURAGED!! Plan out all your meals for the first week. There are some really good recipies on the board. Also, the book is great because it really tells you WHY this diet works and why certain things make you gain or lose. it really makes you think of what you actually put in your mouth. I am in day 11 of Phase 1 and I feel the best I've ever felt! I don't have any cravings anymore and I'm surprised that I don't miss eating bread in the least. So, welcome aboard!!!
Old 04-07-2005, 10:27 AM   #10  

Hi Deb!
Closed Thread