Closed Thread

Old 04-06-2005, 09:59 AM   #1  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Default April 6&7

at work its stunning out and having lunch OUTSIDE
want to laugh my Boss called a meeting with me to discuss the colors on my spreadsheet I LOVE CORPORATE AMERICA! No coffee today I'm double fisted Diet Cokes! Less caffiene 0 calories
and I'm humming the Hawaii 5-0 theme song . . .yep it's spring
Dinnerwise we went out for indian after PT total diet disaster but back on the horse today
Gotta start a project bbl!
Old 04-06-2005, 11:48 AM   #2  
Canadian Chick

Hey all,

Sorry I haven't been around much lately. Kinda sick of being on the computer. The weather here has been beautiful!! Its supposed to hit 16C today which is quite warm for this time of year! I might have to put shorts on! Yay for spring! So my eating has been crap lately. I feel like I'm in a rut. We finally got to watch Super Size Me yesterday. What an eye opener. I mean of course I know fast food is bad for you but to actually see the changes over such a short period of time. And how crazy were the fries that didn't deteriorate? I think I'm going to buy that movie. I can watch it when I need motivation and make any future offspring watch it so they get the picture. Very interesting. Work was so slow yesterday and it chopped my day all up. I don't mind a slow day once in awhile but I'd rather have the patients back to back than 4 hours apart with nothing in between. Oh well. Today is back to full busy-ness. I need to some groceries sometime. Seems like every time I go to make something lately we're missing a key ingredient and so then we just have crap instead. I'm scared to get on the scale. BTw my 44year old Aunt had her baby on Saturday. A girl she named Carmen Christine. She weighed 5lbs 5oz. This is her biggest baby ever and the first time she has ever carried a baby full-term. This baby happened even after my uncle had a vasectomy a couple years ago. My aunt has always ahd trouble getting pg. She has had 4 miscarriages and her other three kids were all extremely so premature they didn't get to come home for months and two of them have major developmental problems. Carmen was supposed to go home with my aunt yesterday! Too awesome! She is truly their miracle baby.

Keir, enjoy your outdoor lunch!

Lori, sorry to hear about the disc problems. Are you using some kind of muscle balm to help with the pain (eg: A535; Tiger Balm; Deep Cold)? When you have a herniation your muscles tighten up in an extreme way to splint the spine so the herniation doesn't get worse. Its not good to loosen them too much but a little muscle balm will keep the blood flowing and the tissue healthy. If they are too tight circulation gets cut off to the tissue and then nutrients can't get in and waste can't get out. Wastes are generally made of molecules that are jagged edged and so make you more sore. So using balm is a good thing. Sorry for my unsolicited two cents!

Belle, hope you get enough rest on your jaunts around Ab. Pop in when you get a chance.

JK, Nice to hear DH is on the exercise path with you. My Dh goes in spurts and then he usually likes to exercise on his oww, which sucks for me b/c I'd like the exercise buddy for motivation. Oh well.

Hello to everyone else!
Old 04-06-2005, 02:01 PM   #3  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Lunch outside was beautiful
So far NOT MISSING COFFEE and I've only had 1/2 a coke it got flat bleh bleh
Rina I know what you mean about sick of the puter i don't even want to see one when i go home
I want to see supersize me and thats so fantastic about your new cousin! you'll come out of the crap eating You will !
bbiab
Kier
Old 04-06-2005, 06:53 PM   #4  

Today is a good day. I've used all my points already but I my flexpoints I can use. I figure I can have a salad and a piece of fruit. Everything will work out fine.
Old 04-06-2005, 11:32 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 160/143/125

Height: 5'2"

Hey Ladies,
What a busy and crazy day. Classes were fun filled as usual..hehe. Then I came home and my dh and I went walking/running as soon as we got home. I am so happy he is doing this with me, it is more us time too. He surprised me big time yesterday and was super sweet and kissy (My husband is never kissy). I enjoyed every minute and today was back to normal..hehe. Today when we got home and we noticed that both of our lights in the kitchen were out and it turned out to be an electrical problem. The dh came to the rescue. The wonderful things that happen when you own a house. Well after a huge week of crap eating I have done super good this week and exercised every day since Monday..woohoo. I just need to keep it up.

SKermie- Good luck with your points, you can do it!

KO- That cracks me up about the colors on the spreadsheets. I swear we waste so much time and money on crap. Whatever keeps the world going I guess.

Rhubarb- I really need to see that movie, supersize me. someone was telling me about it and it will keep away from fast food, which is was I need!!!! I am a glutton for the dollar menu. That is amazing about your aunt. God does mysterious things. I bet they are really excited about a healthy little baby. I bet her siblings are even more excited.

I am getting ready for bed....talk to you girls later. I feel so much better after I talk on the forum. Just takes a load off.
Old 04-07-2005, 10:28 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 264/190/150

Height: 5'8"

Hi-
do you guys mind if I join in? I'm a WW and I've been coming around to these boards once in a while. I have problems keeping up on WW so I'm thinking maybe some support is needed out side of the meetings.
I'm acutally very frustrated with my self. I havn't been journaling and that means I also havn't been losing. I got off track after easter and need to get back big time. I keep putting off going to the meeting and I really need to just go assess the damage and start losing again.
The past week I have stayed up on my excersising, i have done well with my points all day but then, I seem to go crazy with ice cream or other sweats at night. My goal today is to not eat after dinner! Hopefully I will make it. Then a meeting on Sunday, I promise my self.
thanks for leting me vent.
Old 04-07-2005, 11:18 AM   #7  
Eve's Mom

Hi girls - just a quick note, I was in hosptial on Mon/Tues/Wed. Home today. I went in with a migraine and didnt' feel baby moving on Sunday. Had to undergo an MRI and was on IV/ codiene and gravol to get pain and vomiting under control. Today is day 7 - still in pain, but much better. It's just a migraine. I'll tell you, it's the worst pain ever. And very scary wehn a team of neurologists tell you that you could have fluid on the brain or a blood clot due to pregnancy. the MRI itself was very scary too. Baby is good though and he/she is 2lbs 3 oz and very strong. WE're glad to be home!! Hope I don't see that place again for three months.

I'll BBL after a nap to read.

PS - it's 24C here today - nnnniiiiiiceeee - too bad light hurts my head.
Old 04-07-2005, 01:49 PM   #8  
Canadian Chick

Hey all, Eating wasn't so bad yesterday. Today I've got it all planned out and so I should be good to go. I think I even have time to go for a walk before work! Its supposed to get up to 25C today! That's crazy! That usually the temperature in the beginning of July. I ordered some movies awhile back when Columbia House had a good sale and they just came! I got The Notebook! I LOVE LOVE LOVE it! And for DH we got Harold & Kumar go to WhiteCastle. Stupid guy humour which is why he likes it. Once I get past the shock value I can laugh with him. LOL Guess what we're doing tomorrow night? Wonder if DH will really sit through the Notebook again? LOL

Kier Keep away from the coffee! You can do it!

Belle, poor girl! Have you thought about a massage for your migraine? I know sometimes it hurts so bad you just don't want to be touched but lots of times migraines are hormaone related and massage helps to balance your hormones. When I have a migraine one thing that helps it putting a cold pack at the base of the skull. It causes the blood vessels to constrict and so if it is hormone related it will low the flow of them into your brain. Wish I could be there to take care of you

JK aren't those just the best days with your DH? Its so easy to get bogged down in everyday life that sometimes the affection gets pushed aside. Good work on exercising. Keep it up loser! LOL

Skermie & Jennie, Welcome I don't believe we've met before. This is an awesome place for support. Glad you jumped right in. Looking forward to getting to know you.
Old 04-07-2005, 01:52 PM   #9  
Canadian Chick

Just found out my co-worker had her baby on Monday! A boy they named Carter Grant. She had to have a C-section b/c he was breech. Apparently his head was wedged under her ribs so tightly they had to use brute force to pull him out. At first the Dr.s thought that they cracked her ribs but turns out they are just majorally bruised. They are going to keep her in til Friday. Poor girl is very sore but she sounds very very happy, Babies are so exciting. Yesterday I came across a really cool name and I was going to share it for Belle but now its slipped out of my brain. Maybe it'll come back to me later.
Closed Thread