Closed Thread

Old 05-23-2001, 05:22 PM   #1  

Angry

Hi everyone. Just found this board today and thought since I can really use some co-travelers on this journey, I'd join. Just joined WW this past Saturday, so am learning the ropes.

Let's see....my name is Erin. I've been married to a wonderful man for the past 13 years. No children yet, though we're supporting my 20 year old nephew who has no place to stay.

I have, roughly, 250 lbs. to lose. Used to be only 100, but I managed to pack on about 150 lbs. over the past 2 years while caring for my mother, who was sick with cancer. When she died I basically curled up on the couch for 8 months. Finally decided that that was no way to live and visited my doctor to get the okay for exercise and researched WW for a few weeks before joining.

I've been OP since I joined on Saturday and am absolutely loving this program. I'm dedicated, I'm committed, and I'm ready.
Old 05-23-2001, 05:36 PM   #2  
That darlin' Texas gal!

Default Welcome aboard, Erin!!!

Howdy all,

Erin, you came to the right place. WW & 3FC, that is. I've been online with 3fc since 02/2000 and with WW since 04/2000 and managed to lose over 70# inspite of my many attempts to sabotage myself. Two women in my WW group have lost over 90#and 110# in the same amount of time.

You can do this. You ARE worth it. Remember that the weigh-in scale is a tool, not your master and that even the hard weeks are learning experiences.

Find a thread you like and go to it!
Old 05-23-2001, 06:22 PM   #3  
NO JUNK FOOD ZONE!

Hi Erin - so glad to have you here with us!!!!
I'm sorry about the loss of your mom.... I can't imagine that type of pain and stress for you. My weight too has increased significantly due to family crisis, but this program is working for me and it will for you also. There are so many great people on this board. Feel free to hop right in and join as many of the threads as you wish.

I too have been married 13 years (soon to be 14). I have one daughter (almost 5) and I hope to have one more if I can get this weight managed. Hope to chat with you soon.
Kim
239/227/140
Old 05-24-2001, 08:34 AM   #4  

Hi Erin. Welcome to a wonderful group of people. I'm sorry to hear of your mom's passing. I can't imagine losing my very best friend. There isn't anything better and more important you can do for your mom (and yourself) than to take care of yourself and your health. WW is a good start. There is a lot of inspiration here.

I am married (21 years) with two teenagers (14 and 18). I have about 100 pounds to lose, but would be thrilled with 70. (Beggars can't be choosers. )

2oM (Annie)
Old 05-24-2001, 12:48 PM   #5  

Hi Erin:
Welcome to the wonderful world of losers (of weight).

When my learning disabled brother was diagnosed with lung cancer, he came to live with me.
I know how devastating it is to care and care and care and do all you can, and still lose your
loved one. He passed away last year and my life has not been the same. With everyone
else in my family gone, it is now time for me to take care of me, so I can go on and keep
their memory alive.

Good luck on your weight loss journey. There will be ups and downs and it is a long,
slow process, but just keep focused and eventually you will be successful.

We're all with you and know that with help and support, we all win.
Old 05-25-2001, 09:00 AM   #6  
Makin_it

Welcome Erin...............

You have certainly come to the right place for support. First, I'm sorry for your lost, I can't imagine what that must have been like for you.

I also have to lose 250 pounds. I've been on the boards since Dec 2000. I joined WW in Sept 2000 and am happy to report that I just hit the 100 pound mark. I've have tried every diet under the sun and I don't really understand why this time is different but I think the support plays an important role. Also looking at the weight loss from the point of view of 10% at a time, the battle seemed less impactful.

I feel so much better already, and I'm able to do some many more things. I know you can do this, you are worth it.

Just some info on me, married 23 years, three kids 21, 19, 16. Work as a Systems Analyst and looking forward to enjoying a long healthy life, thanks to WW.

Brenda
430/330 170 in 2002
Old 05-25-2001, 03:59 PM   #7  
NO JUNK FOOD ZONE!

Brenda: WOW - Congratulations on your outstanding acheivement - You must feel like a million dollars!!!! It's true this plan works for me too. - not sure why this time it's clicking with me - but I did a lot of reading and self analysis before joining WW. Keep up the great job!

PS - I'm a systems analyst too! My brother in law works in retail and he wore my pedometer to work one day - he walks 15 miles in a 9 hour shift. I wore mine too one day - I walk .25 miles in that same 9 hours - isn't it pathetic?
Kim
239/227/140
Closed Thread