Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 03-31-2005, 03:55 PM   #1  

Post Oh I SO Need Support!

Hello all who may read this~

I am New here and am new to talking about my weight and life with other people, but it's a start. My name is Viana and I am 26 years old I currently live in Seattle Washington, I am newley single and am now at a point in my life where I must change the way I am physcally and emotionaly. I currently at 275lbs and I am 5'4" I have been heavy all my adult life and have always felt unhappy. I am so an emotional eater, I eat no matter what is going on, I love food and I relpace food with what im missing from others. My boyfried of a year and a half just left me and moved out of our home, I was devestaded and felt my world came to a crashing hault. Come to find out he cheated, lied, stole from me and I was to blind to see, I felt so in love, however I can now say that I was in love with having someone love me not nessarly Him. So I have desided that I need to love me first before I can have anyone else love me and this is where you all come in.. I need friends!! I need to lose weight and learn to be happy with my self as i am and as I will be... I hope you all can help.. I want to tank you all for taking time to read about me... YOu all keep up the good work
vianacox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2005, 05:09 PM   #2  
the journey begins

S/C/G: 270/257/150

Hi there

You sound a lot like me.

We're the same height, near in weight range, I love food, I too emotionally overeat and am in need of friends!

I'm sorry about your b/f and everything. I know that it felt like the end of the world, you poor thing. You will get through it. Let yourself grieve over the relationship and heal. If you add some exercise into the mix, I'm sure you'll feel better even sooner. Living well is the best revenge, as they say.

Once we start losing some weight, there will be no stopping us. We just need to get started, get over the first hump.

If you'd like a buddy through all this, feel free to PM me. I just posted for the first time in a long time last night, and am trying once again to lose weight and gain a life. I have 100lbs to lose but must take it one step at a time. My first step is to move every day, even if it's for 10 minutes.

I think we've come to the right place for support.

Hang in there!
Amberoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2005, 05:31 PM   #3  

Default Thank You

Thank you for your kind words. I have come to relize that Men are nothing but trouble..lol However I am not changing my life for him I am for my self, I want to be healthy and thin and not have to pay 80 bucks for jeans that are not designer It helps to talk to people that are in the same mind frame as I am it helps to know that I can talk to you.. Thank You. I have a new gym membership and I am working on changing my eating habbits I know it will be a very long road but Im worth it... My overall goal is to lose 150lbs I would love to weight 125lbs but I know small goals to start.. I just dont want to give up this time no matter what!
Old 03-31-2005, 06:07 PM   #4  
Live, Love, Laugh!

S/C/G: 263/255/150

Height: 5'4"

Red face Seems like I've come to the right place!

hello all,

well, tomorrows my birthday. i went shopping today and shopping for 16+ is just depressing!

I came away with a couple of blouses and some undies from a store called Avenue.

I wanted something bright and happy but bright and happy makes me look twice as big as I am. I keep going for the black, and everything with black.

I couldn't find slacks, arrrrrggggghhhhhhhhhhhh!

Need some kind words of encouragement too!
bruniQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2005, 07:20 PM   #5  
the journey begins

S/C/G: 270/257/150

You're welcome.

You sound motivated, you've got the right attitude. I think you can do it!!!

And hey, it'll be nice to do whatever you want, whenever you want to do it. Pamper yourself. Give your body exercise and good nutrition - we do deserve it!!

I don't want to give up this time either, no matter what.

bruiniQ, I understand. I have bene putting off clothe shopping 'cos I know it'll be frustrating and depressing as ****. I don't want to deal with it right now, but I am running so low on things that fit, and with the warm weather coming, I have no choice but to go on the hunt this weekend. Egads!
Amberoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2005, 10:57 PM   #6  
Live, Love, Laugh!

S/C/G: 263/255/150

Height: 5'4"

It will be so nice to begin losing and go shopping when its really making a difference in our clothing! Keep me posted on your progress amberoo. email me or private message me. we can also meet in chat sometime!
with you in this quest,
bruniQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amberoo
bruiniQ, I understand. I have bene putting off clothe shopping 'cos I know it'll be frustrating and depressing as ****. I don't want to deal with it right now, but I am running so low on things that fit, and with the warm weather coming, I have no choice but to go on the hunt this weekend. Egads!
bruniQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 09:59 AM   #7  

You have definitely come to the right place. I find that if I feel bad one day that even just coming on the boards and reading them makes me feel better.
We can do this! There is proof in the website, and everyone here is looking out for you, and wants you to succeed.

I went shopping yesterday, and I found that I wear a size 12 now! BUT I am so depressed at the way I look in them. I am so happy that I am in a 12, my goal is an 8 or 10. But for some reason the clothes that are out just look so bad on me. This hip hugger, stretch, bell-bottom style is so unflattering for my figure, and it seems like that is all they are selling. I have large thighs and short legs, what happened to the relaxed fit straight leg jeans?!?!
KTna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 11:05 AM   #8  

Well today is the day I start going to the gym (wish me luck) I hope all goes well and Im not a laughing stock of the gym.. I just have this fear that I will be the only huge person there and Ill be so upset... Im sure Im making more of it then it is but I am so worried... I too went shopping this weekend for workout clothes not as bad as i was worried about but Now im having Car issues and im so stressed out I feel like screw the gym and give me a cookie!!!!!
Old 04-04-2005, 11:49 AM   #9  

S/C/G: 216/212/130

Height: 5-4

Vianacox, keep your chin up. I have gone through the same thing it’s really painful. I went through a lay off, divorce and moved to the Pacific Northwest <half –way across the world from home> In the last two years. I lost dangerous amounts of weight during that time, due to stress and managed to eat my way through Seattle and gained it back plus more. This year is my “re-building” year. Going back to school to finish my degree (Today is my first day back in <coughs> 15 <coughs> years) I started a workout and diet program to get in shape for phase two of my new beginning. I had a rough week of binging. But posted here and got some very kind support from Luciole. <Thanks Luciole> Great bunch here, tremendous support. It is nice to know that you aren’t alone, not only in weight lose ups and downs, but in life’s ups and downs as well. Sounds like you have a positive mind set! You are going to do great today at the gym.

Oh as far as shopping. I ran down to the local second hand/thrift store and bought a few pairs of jeans for less than $2.00 each. Great way to find jeans with a waist and the relax fit. Why pay retail prices when we are going to shrink out of em anyway?
Traysea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 12:16 PM   #10  

Smile Thank You

Wow it seems like Ive come to the right place for support. I really cannot thank you all enough for all your kind words and all of the support this forum gives, just talking to you all really makes me know that I can do it and if I feel stressed or down or something gets hard I know that you all are here for me. Thanks!!!

Traysea congrats on going back to school!!! I wish you only the best

Im wanting to start a diet (or should I say change my eating habbits) Im so confused on all the diets... What works the best???? and is easy to maintain?
Old 04-04-2005, 12:27 PM   #11  

The diet that works the best for you will be different for each person.
Experiment and see what looks like something you will be able to stick to. Try taking books out of the library to learn about different plans, or make one up for yourself. The key is that you need to be able to stay on whichever plan you choose for the long run, so stay away from any fads or things that sound crazy to you.
For me I had tried tons of plans, most of them worked for a few lbs, but I always went back to my old eating habits and re-gained. I now follow my own plan.
Good luck!
Old 04-04-2005, 12:33 PM   #12  

Okay Ill study about each plan. All I know is that TrimSpa does not work! how that crazy woman lost all that weight in that short of time and looks so good Ill never know!! I took it for a month and all I got was tummy pain. ANother question, (Im sure you all want to strangle me) But what are those little bars after your message? with your goal weight on them??
Old 04-04-2005, 12:39 PM   #13  

That's the signature, you can build one for yourself, too. Go to edit signature and I think the link is in there.
Old 04-04-2005, 01:13 PM   #14  

Okay great! thanks again 4 the help
Old 04-04-2005, 01:25 PM   #15  
prepare for the BEST time

Hey Vianacox:

keep this thought in the back of your mind (and drag it front and center when you need it).......I want to feel good about myself.....the food/cookie/chocolate/etc. won't do that for me in the long run....it's a temporary fix and has no long-term satisfaction. What will give utimate satisfaction is doing something positive for myself and my self-image.
marbleflys is offline   Reply With Quote