South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-31-2005, 06:51 AM   #1  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Default Thursday chick chat

Morning chicks.....thought I would get us started this morning. The sun is shinning here..... grab a . What happening in your part of the beach today.

I will be right back got to let the dogs out......
Old 03-31-2005, 07:22 AM   #2  
A Lily from my yard!

Good Morning Little Chick! Nuttin much happenin here. For some reason it took me a while to get in. It has been rainin all night. Callin for more tonight. Hopefully it will be after our soccer game. Glad I got most of my flowers planted. I have a eye appt. this morning to get my new contacts checked. I think he finally found me a pair I can wear! WooHoo! I'll check on y'all chicks later.
Old 03-31-2005, 07:46 AM   #3  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

'Mornin', Little Chick and Bamie. I couldn't get in here at first either. I think the techies were doing something to the database. I'm glad you are getting some good weather, Little Chick. Poor Nibs in Nfld! Bamie, brag all you want about your good weather - it's on its way for us. I have some bulbs poking up out there are snowdrops in bloom.

All day yesterday there were streams and streams of Canada Geese flying over. It was just amazing. You could hear honking right into the night and evey time you looked at the sky there was a wedge of them flying by! Same thing this morning when I hung out on the deck a bit with coffee. (Still32ºF out there so I didn't linger!) The robins have been back for a while and have finally settled in so there's robin song in the mornings too. Damned noisy out there! I love it!

Jane comes at noon today and I intend to go to Kingston for the afternoon. I've not been there since before Christmas and will take a poke around a shopping centre and drool over spring clothes. I am NOT buying anything as I have stuff from last year that I never wore and am going to lose more weight before I buy new things. My size 16 denim pants are still a bit too snug to wear and still be able to sit down! I doubt that I'll ever be able to wear real jeans - crappy body shape! I'll work in a snoop at a garden centre and then stock up on good berries and veggies at the superstore. Next week I have a whole day off - Monday - and plan to go to Ottawa. (Sometimes I just need a bit of urban experience to erase some of my hick-ness!)

Gotta get out there and hustle the recycle stuff to the road. Catch y'all later!
Old 03-31-2005, 08:34 AM   #4  

Good Morning Chicks

Kinda laid back this morning around the office.

Bamie ~ I know what you mean about the planting. We are supposed to get rain all day today. Give the plants a good drink - at least I don't have to water them. Hope youe eye appt goes well. I am wearing my contacts for the first time in (3) months today. So far - so good.

Ruth ~ Hope you have a good day shopping.

Little Chick ~

Me ~ Same old same old. Work til lunch today as I have an appointment with my therapist today. YIPEE!!

Well better run - have to work on revamping our entire filing system. HAPPY HAPPY - JOY - JOY!!!

Hope everyone has a great day
Old 03-31-2005, 08:39 AM   #5  

Height: 5'-2"

Good morning, girls!

Little Chick, so glad the sun is shining for you today! It's beautiful here again, too!

Bamie, that's great news about the contacts! I hope they work out okay. It's such a freeing feeling wearing contacts.

Ruth, couldja send some geese this way, please? I'm still waiting...
Have fun in Kingston! Such a lovely little city.
I'm going to Cotton Ginny today to get some new jeans. There's a plus-size store here, and my favourite (okay, the only ones that currently fit me) jeans have just ripped.
I've got a meeting to go to tonight, so I've GOT to have jeans! I have this illusion that they make me look slimmer.

I've got my weigh-in today at WW. It's been a rough week with the Easter chocolate, and I'm hoping that I haven't gained.

I hope everyone has a wonderful, OP day!!
Old 03-31-2005, 08:40 AM   #6  

Kelly, enjoy your therapy session! Isn't it great to spend an hour or so with someone where the topic is "all about me"?
Old 03-31-2005, 09:13 AM   #7  
Michael Ann 1973

Good Morning Everyone...Kind of a gloomy day here, supposed to rain on and off. I have so much stuff to do today at work...so I can't stay but for a second.

My dogsitting adventures hit a brick wall, just when I thought that I understood the dog psychie...Oh well! She hid under my bed all evening and all night...I have no idea what happened. Maybe she was suffering from burn out or she really wants to go home I am not sure. I had dogs as a kid, but they were always outside dogs, so not that complicated.

I feel bad, but my parents and brother are coming back tonight, so hopefully that will make her happy.
Old 03-31-2005, 10:03 AM   #8  
beachbum

Good Morning Chicks

Well we finally have a beautiful sunny day so I'm walking along the beaches for an hour. Hope that will bring my weight down for Aprils Goal. I already lost the 3 lbs I gained on Easter, hope it will stay that way for Tuesday W-I :

Little Chick Thanks for the thread,hope you have a sunny day.

Ruth Keep the Canadian Geese up there , they make such a mess in our school running tracks.Only kidding, there dropping can make good fertlizer I love all kinds of animals.I know what you mean hearing the honking SPRING is HERE.YEAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!

Sunny Bunny Sorry about your glommy day, hope the sun will shine for you soon.

Have a good day Hugs BB
Old 03-31-2005, 11:45 AM   #9  
A Lily from my yard!

All went well with the eye doc. With my insurance it only wound up costin me 46 bucks and I'll get a 30 dollar rebate from the contacts so in the end it will be 16 dollars for a years supply! I think that is pretty good! They may last longer since I don't wear them everyday. If I am stayin home I just wear my specs. Looks like the rain is gone until after midnight. I'm so glad. I did not want to sit in the rain tonight.

Ruth..Enjoy the afternoon. It sounds fun.

Kelly...Hopefully your eyes won't get to tired and dry today. Doc gave me a sample of some eye drops cause mine are dry already and the contacts make it worse of course. Enjoy your session.

Ellis...Good luck shopping for the jeans!

Sunnybunny...The pup is probably homesick. I'm sure she will perk up when she gets home.

Beach Bum...Enjoy your walk along the shore. It sounds so relaxing!

Well I am off to putter around the house. Check on y'all chickies later!
Old 03-31-2005, 12:08 PM   #10  
Ridin along S.B. style

Morning All!

I'm new to the Beach, and haven't posted much, but I thought I'd get in on today's chat.

It's a glorious day here in Northern California, and it is a holiday so I am off work. YAY!!! Planning on going shopping with my step-mom, I will try desperatley not to buy anything, as I WANT to be down a sze before I buy anymore clothes.

Hope you all have a wonderful day! Happy Spring
Old 03-31-2005, 12:17 PM   #11  
Conquering with SBD

Good monring everyone.

Not much happening here...just the same old work and home and maybe fit some exercise in between.

Hope everyone has a great day. Take care.
Old 03-31-2005, 01:30 PM   #12  

This week has been absolutely crazy! I've put in 36 hours of work before today (27 hours were in the last two days). But I did get to sleep last night and am moving work buildings tomorrow so I am busy packing.

I'm taking tomorrow off to chaperone my son's second grade class field trip to the Arboretum but will probably have to come in afterwards.

I haven't made it to exercise since Monday night but I'm doing okay weight wise. I made my goal but will report it tomorrow when I have my final weight for the month.
Old 03-31-2005, 08:15 PM   #13  
Faith in me

Good Evening Chickies!

ok so i've been very busy the past few weeks...and i have been mia as usual...but i'm attempting to stay on phase....I need to get my butt into gear...and need a thorough talk about this........I'm going to start up jogging on our jogger I think....it's something I need to do...to attempt to firm up my thighs....so as i was saying i really need to get my butt into gear...I bought myself a bathing suit.......and not just any bathing suit.....a 2 piece I have to say it's a cute one......I'm just not sure I look all too cute in it.....at least not yet....but that's going to be my goal....to look good in it.....How is everyone doing? I'm doing alright aside from my aching feet and back...i tell you these longer hours at work are NOT fun....the weather here has been really nice....almost in the 70's! and our Tulips are blooming!!!! I LOVE FLOWERS!!! I hope you all are doing great!!! Keep up the great work! Laurie, Ellis, and Ruth I miss you guys!!! Hugs to everyone!!
Old 03-31-2005, 11:13 PM   #14  

Jess, hugs for you, too!
And congratulations on the two-piece! You go, girl!!
Old 03-31-2005, 11:48 PM   #15  

I am eating junk snacks right now. I am just so hungry. I'm still at work. It's 10:45 and I'm disconnecting computers and packing them. I was not happy because I missed the Cub Scout Arrow of Light ceremony tonight but there wasn't much choice. Since I'll be with my son's class tomorrow and the movers are moving everything tomorrow afternoon....I just had to do it now.

But I wasn't expecting to stay late or I would have brought dinner. We are in a locked down campus location and if I ran out for fast food, I would lose at least 30 minutes of packing so I'm just eating snack machine garbage. Oh, well, back to packing. I've been here 15 hours and I don't want to be here any longer than I have to.
Closed Thread