Closed Thread

Old 03-24-2005, 06:03 PM   #1  

Default popcorn and weight gain?

what do you think. I gained a lb this week and I did have popcorn last night after 8 pm. Does this affect you this way (I mean the salt)? Thanks
Old 03-24-2005, 09:29 PM   #2  
Southside White Sox Fan

Kally, I think eating salty popcorn late the night before a weigh in could definitely affect your weigh in. That's why I'm having it tonight! My Leader used to also tell us not to eat Chinese food the night before a weigh in too.
Old 03-28-2005, 03:36 PM   #3  

Default Kally

I am fairly new at this, but I can say the week I had popcorn, I had only lost a 1/4 of a lb. I am also very careful the day before my weigh in. Just a few thoughts. Good Luck!
Old 03-28-2005, 04:03 PM   #4  

Uh oh. I have popcorn daily - I'm such a creature of habit. I do think I will forego it Wed. (weigh-in day) for sure and maybe Tues. as well. IF I can go that long.

And Kathy, you thought your Coke habit was bad - here's confession time. It's not the 94% fat free popcorn I'm eating. I get the movie theater butter (cringe!!) but at least I confine it to only one of those mini-bags a day. I find I can stay on plan perfectly if I know I have that one guilty pleasure at the end of the day. We'll see how badly it has affected me at my weigh-in Wednesday.

Angela
Old 03-28-2005, 07:05 PM   #5  

Height: 5'7"

Do you feel better after that confession, Angela? I hope so!!

Some habits die hard. Really, really hard.
Old 03-28-2005, 08:06 PM   #6  

Yes, I guess I feel better. I'd probably feel even better if I didn't eat it, but hey, can't be perfect, right?

Maybe if I added it up, it'd be within my 35 points/week. I'm kind of afraid to figure the points for it, in case it's like 20 pts per bag or something.

Angela
Old 03-29-2005, 10:02 AM   #7  
Cowboy Up Chick

It is not so much the popcorn as the sodium it contains. If you want to have popcorn with little or no sodium try popping real corn and putting no salt on it.
Old 04-06-2005, 08:50 PM   #8  
Melissa

Is popcorn really a bad snack? I look so forward to eating it at night. Is it just the sodium before w/i? Or should I lay off of it?
Old 04-06-2005, 08:54 PM   #9  
Southside White Sox Fan

I think we all think it is the sodium the night before the wi. I've been eating it all along and still losing. Good luck.
Old 04-06-2005, 09:03 PM   #10  
Melissa

Thanks Vickie. I am just starting Core and still kind of confused. I appreciate your help.
Old 04-06-2005, 09:06 PM   #11  
Southside White Sox Fan

You're welcome! We are all real helpful here and very friendly. You should think about coming and chatting with us on the Core Support Board. We are on number 13 right now. If you want to get to know us, check out our profiles on the profile thread. Maybe you'll even put yours there so we can get to know you too!
Old 04-06-2005, 09:21 PM   #12  
Melissa

I might be silly, but how do I get to the profile thread? Thanks.
Closed Thread