Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 03-23-2005, 09:54 AM   #1  

Question Question

Is it possible to loose a lot in inches and not so much in pounds? And if so, when will the pounds catch up?
Abirdee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 10:20 AM   #2  

YES! because the old "muscle weighs more than fat"...

I know when I started exercising in June 2004- I wasn't dieting then and ONLY lost inches (17.75 inches)- I actually gained 4 lbs. it wasn't until I started dieting in October that I lost my first lb...

that's why it's inportnat to go by the fit of your clothes and seeing your muscles develop than it is numbers on the scale...
KandiceS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 12:09 PM   #3  
Mens sana in corpore sano

S/C/G: 165/121/120ish

Height: 5'2 (157 cm)

It's all possible through building up muscle, yes. Right now, I'm fitting again into clothes that I was wearing when I was 62-63 kgs, yet I'm still at 67. The only difference is that when I first lost weight, I didn't exercise at all... now I do
Kery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 02:48 PM   #4  
Ilene the Bean

Is it possible to loose a lot in inches and not so much in pounds? ABSOLUTELY, the numbers on the scale will eventually catch up, keep doing what you are doing if it's still working... I went from January to now not loosing a # on the scale, I measured the other day and I've lost 1 inch on my hips, thighs, waist and chest... Have a look at the fat vs. muscle pic in my siggie...
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote