Old 03-22-2005, 08:48 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 420/385/215

Height: 5'7

Red face Hi I'm new and looking for support

Hi. My name is Megan. I'm 24 years old and live in Missouri. I'm a mom to 3 year old Kaylea and a wife to bryon of nearly 4 years. I have a lot of weight to lose - 161 lbs and wouldn't mind some help along the way. If anyone is in the same boat feel free to drop a line. Thanks.
mboeh3281 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 12:50 AM   #2  

Hello, I am new to this too. My name is Stacey and I am 28. I live in Indiana with my husband and 6 anmials. My goal is to lose about 100 pounds. My husband claims I look just fine, but we all know he is just trying to stay out of the doghouse with that . Anyway this is a new adventure for me and I hope we can help each other along the way.
Stacey
sreschaib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 10:12 AM   #3  
slow and steady

S/C/G: 185/see signature/135

Height: 5'4"

Hi there, welcome! I'm pretty new too, but I already think this forum is a great place to get support. Good luck with your weight loss!
paperclippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 10:38 AM   #4  
PACKERS FAN!

Hi Megan & Stacy! I'm pretty new here too, and it's been a great place to get support. How are you planning on losing? Diet/Exercise? I'm more of a get active anyway I can, intentionally exercise, and eat fruits, veggies, whole grains and lean protien, all in moderation person. Looking forward to getting to know you both!
fuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 07:08 PM   #5  

I have a friend who joined ww and I am kind of doing it with her, but I have zero will power, so it will not be easy!!!! So what do you do with those horrible cravings for chocolate and peanutbutter? I think those are the worst.
Old 03-23-2005, 07:55 PM   #6  

S/C/G: 198/150/140

ooh a good chocolate peanut butter fix is to mix pb & ff cool whip with a dash of hersheys syrup and stick into the freezer (sm servings of course) just like a reeses (almost!)
lizzbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2005, 10:06 PM   #7  

Thanx for the recipe I will have to try it!!!!!
Old 03-25-2005, 12:40 AM   #8  
The Prettiest Mud Puddle

Talking

I'm new also, and am SO GLAD to have found a support group. I am 25, live in California and want to lose 70 lbs. I have tons of free time so any time wasting/ fat burning tips are welcome.
Mudlucious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2005, 01:34 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 188/184/150

Height: 5'8"

Hello... I'm also new. I've been on here before but never found a group with the same things in common so I thought I would try my age group. My name is Sarah, I'm 26, married and I have a 4 yr old son. I also live in Indiana. After I had my son I lost close to 75 pound and got down to my goal weight of 135 and it felt great! But the weight has been creeping back on ever since. I lost my job in Nov. and since then have put on about 15 more pounds. Needles to say I'm fed up with it and ready to make some changes! It's nice to meet all of you and if anyone wants to talk that would be great!

Sarah
Sarah_lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2005, 01:00 AM   #10  
the journey begins

S/C/G: 270/257/150

Hi

I'm 23, 5'4", married, and have 100lbs to lose.

It's nice to meet you. I could use the support as well. Seems like we all have a lot in common in this thread. Maybe we can help each other out?

Take care

Last edited by Amberoo; 03-31-2005 at 05:14 PM.
Amberoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2005, 02:34 PM   #11  

Hello Girls,
I am very happy I lost 4 pounda since last week. I started my own food diary and wow I never realized how much fat I was eating in one day!!! I would suggest you to try it. You never will believe how much food and everything until you see it all in front of you!!!
Old 03-31-2005, 05:15 PM   #12  
the journey begins

S/C/G: 270/257/150

Hey that's great, Stacey! Congrats! Sounds like you're on the right track, keep it up.
Amberoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2005, 08:08 PM   #13  
Thin-2-Bee

Thumbs up I'm new too!!!

Hi Megan,
I just joined the web-site today! My name is Robin, I'm 28 years old and tring really hard to loose at least ten pounds. My problem with loosing weight is that I have a sweet tooth the size of Texas!!! Right now my current weight is 146 and my goal weight is 135. I have a 10 year class reunion coming up this summer and really want to lose weight, not just for that but for good!!!
Currently I am in a weight loss class at my church called "Babes" that basically follows the Dr. Phil book and shares some really great info and I will be glad to share with you.
I was hoping maybe we can help each other out by passing an encouraging word or new reciepe or just being an accountability partner.

Good Luck with all you do!
Robin
landraland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 11:07 AM   #14  
Angie

If any of you are looking for a decent food journal try fitday .com
i like it alot.. they have items to choose from for meals with basic nutrition info in , but otherwise you can do your own. It really helps to keep track!
angelfadedblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 03:00 PM   #15  

Hi,

I just thought I would introduce myself also. I have been reading the boards here for about 3 months but just decided to join last week. I've actually been reading the boards off and on for a few years now but I've finally decided to do this and lose the weight. My name is Amber and I am 28 years old. I am also from Indiana. I have 2 children-4yo and 5yo. I have about 40 or 50 pounds to lose. I'm trying to do it with calorie counting and exercise. Now that the weather is finally warming up in Indiana I am excited to get out there and work this weight off. I also have an exercise bike that I use 5X a week (that's my goal...I still have 2 more days to sneak in time number 5 this week).

I hope to get to know all of you and offer support as well as receive it.

Amber
AmberM is offline   Reply With Quote