Closed Thread

Old 03-21-2005, 09:40 AM   #1  

Unhappy My Weigh in for Sunday

I went to WW yesterday and only lost 0.4 lbs. The week before it was 5.2, now this!! I am so disgusted. I don't know what I did wrong other than I did not get to Curves but only once last week with no fault of my own. I am going to keep trying and hope it goes better next week. I am going to increase my water and get to Curves this week at least 3 times. I hope everyone is doing well and better than me!! Have a great day!!

Marie
Old 03-21-2005, 09:44 AM   #2  

Marie,
Some weeks are just like that, and they're not due to anything you did or didn't do. We don't lose weight steadily - it goes in spurts. Especially with a 5 pound loss last week, your body is probably just reshuffling stuff and getting used to the idea of losing. Keep up the good work, drink your water, and you'll be fine. I'd check your portion sizes to make sure they haven't crept up, and make sure you're getting your 8 healthy habits in each day. If you're doing everything right, just relax, and it'll come off in it's own time.

Angela
Old 03-21-2005, 10:22 AM   #3  
Southside White Sox Fan

Marie, Angela is right. Core progress is odd. I'll lose .8, .6, then all of a sudden 2.6. Stay in it for the long haul. Just follow Angela's advice and you'll do great.
Old 03-21-2005, 10:32 AM   #4  

Height: 5'7"

Don't give up, Marie! You've lost 5.6 in two weeks -- look at it that way! Nearly 3 pounds per week is amazing!

Old 03-21-2005, 10:45 AM   #5  

Talking Thank you everyone!!

Thank you for the advice and boost!! I will keep trying. I just wished for 2 lbs. I would of felt better. I will try to really write everything down and watch my portions this week. What is the 8 healthy habits? Big Problem coming is Sunday, going to my Aunys for a Easter Buffet . I am going to try and go to a meeting on Saturday to be safe. Have a good day everyone!! Marie
Old 03-21-2005, 11:48 AM   #6  

Sorry, they're called Good Health Habits. They're in your week 1 booklet.

1. Portion Control
2. Fruits and vegetables (5 a day)
3. Milk (2 (or 3) a day)
4. Whole grains
5. Protein (1-2 servings a day)
6. Fats, added sugar, alcohol (go light, for good health)
7. Multiple vitamin-mineral supplement
8. Water (6 glasses a day)

Angela
Old 03-21-2005, 12:27 PM   #7  

lol, sorry i didn't even look at that in my book. No wonder huh? Thank you!!
Old 03-21-2005, 06:00 PM   #8  

Marie, I know it's so tough when you do everything right and the scales don't want to budge. You are doing so well and it sounds like you've already identified some possible causes of why the loss has slowed. You're doing everything right! Keep up the good work!
Old 03-21-2005, 06:12 PM   #9  

Wink Thanks Deb & everyone!!

I decided to cut out any brown rice this week. I had some last week because they said we could. I also had a potato twice last week. I am not having any of these things this week plus going to Curves at least 3 times this week, maybe 4. I need to increase my water intact too. I noticed alot of trips to ladies room today so maybe I was holding water in too. Have a great night!!! Thank you!!! Hugs, Marie
Old 03-21-2005, 06:53 PM   #10  
Southside White Sox Fan

Marie, be careful that you don't cut out too many of the high satiety foods. They are the beauty of Core. These foods are those that help you feel full. If you change the Core concept too much you might not lose at all.
Old 03-21-2005, 07:12 PM   #11  

Thanks Vickie! ok I will just cut down on those things then. I will try having brown rice just twice a week and maybe one potato. You think that is ok? I am just trying to figure out if I did too much of something. Thank you for your help!!!
Hugs, Marie
Old 03-22-2005, 08:32 AM   #12  
Southside White Sox Fan

Marie, personally I wouldn't cut anything out unless it is something that is a trigger food for you (something that you can't stop at just one portion of). It's perfectly fine to limit. I think portion sizes are normally the culprit. When I don't lose alot sometimes it's because I had a hungry week and let myself eat too much quantity of food. In other words, I ate until full instead of satisified. Having said that though, you should work the program whatever way feels comfortable for you. I've just heard that some people cut back so drastically that they don't lose because they are not eating enough food or go off program because they got so hungry they binged. Just my humble opinon!
Old 03-22-2005, 09:09 AM   #13  

Wink Good Advice Vickie

Thank you. That makes sense. I need to write down everything, I never seemed to find the time for this. But I must do it and get to Curves!! I am off to do that now. Have a great Morning!!!!!
Marie
Closed Thread