Old 03-17-2005, 04:46 PM   #1  
PACKERS FAN!

Default New Too

Hey! I've been lurking for a while and figured I'd actually join. I really love this 20 somethings area. I'm turning 24 in a few weeks and I'm at the biggest size of my life. Actually, I've sworn off the scale. It controls my mood too much and sets me up for too many let downs. I know I'm gaining weight because this week it has been soooo hard to fit comfortably in my clothes.

I'm addicted to overeating. Even though I feel disgusting when I've gorged and so full you'd think I couldn't eat another bite, that's usually when I can't stop. It's almost like a challenge to see how much I can eat or something. Wierd, I know. Anyway. I'm looking for some friendship with people who know how I feel. My husband has an outstanding metabolism, so yes, he overeats, but never gains weight. It's frustrating to hear, "well just stop eating!" The more I try the more pressure I feel and the more I eat!

Well, I hope we can all learn from eachother. Looking forward to getting to know you!

Last edited by fuller; 03-17-2005 at 04:57 PM.
fuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2005, 05:25 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 198/150/140

Fuller, I know what you mean about the overeating. And a lot of the time I know I don't need any more food but I'll look through the fridge or the cupboards anyway and be like hmm that looks good. I've been trying to control it and spreading out my lunch over the afternoon has helped. Like I'll have my sandwich at noon and then my yogurt an hour later and fruit an hour after that so it'll feel like I kept snacking but all the calories were planned.
lizzbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2005, 07:52 PM   #3  
Big-time loser

S/C/G: 306.6/247.2/156-164

Height: 5'8"

Welcome Fuller (great name by the way) - I think at least 80% of the people on this forum can sympathize with you about the overeating.
jenicra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2005, 09:05 AM   #4  
slow and steady

S/C/G: 185/see signature/135

Height: 5'4"

Welcome! I'm pretty new too You might want to check out the forum on this website about overeating disorders. It might not be what you have, but some of the things sound pretty similar. There's a really supportive group of people trying to help each other stop overeating.

Like Jenicra said, a lot of people around here has a problem with eating too much. I eat when I'm bored a lot, or I'll do things like, last night I was at a dinner sponsored by my school, and paid for by them, so even though I was full after the appetizer, I still managed to eat a giant cheeseburger AND dessert. I felt so gross when I came home, but I can't seem to ever turn down yummy food, especially if it's free! So you know you're not alone. :-)
paperclippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2005, 09:05 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 198/150/140

Free food is such a big weakness of mine! Samples at the grocery store, etc. I try to tell myself it's not "free" if it'll be stuck around on my hips tomorrow...doesn't always stop me though.
lizzbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2005, 10:38 PM   #6  
Niccole

Fuller-- I sympathize with the over eating--
Niccole2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2005, 08:40 PM   #7  
Thin-2-Bee

Fuller, I think you may of met your match on the overeating. For one exception, I over eat on desserts, chocolate, candy, basically anything with sugar. I eat it like I've never had it before or will never get it again. My whole day can consist of only sweets, I really don't feel like I need the other foods (which I know I do!) So thats what has made me join with web-site.
In some fitness magazines, my women talk about only having a meal on a kids plate, or somekind of small plate. Only have what you can fit on that plate and before you sit down to eat, put all the left overs in the fridge so you'll think twice from getting them out again. You might want to give that a go and see if it helps!
If you got any suggestions for me I'd love to hear them.
Good luck! YOU CAN CONTROL THIS!
Robin
landraland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 10:57 AM   #8  
Angie

Fuller-
I just posted this suggestion on another post, but perhaps trying a natural appetite suppresant may help? I found that it really helped me even when i was eating out of boredom.. i just didnt want it anymore. I am reading Dr. Phil's Ultimate weight loss solution and i am recommending that you read this.. the first two chapters dive into the root cause of WHY you overeat so much.. what you get as a benifit from the eating. It really helped me locate my issues and tackle them head on.
This is a great support group as well! keep posting!
Angie
angelfadedblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 11:02 AM   #9  
2blessed2Bstressed

S/C/G: 201/201/165

Height: 5'11"

Angie, thanks for the info on the book, I think that book sounds like something I might go pick up...
spillthebeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2005, 11:11 AM   #10  
Angie

Spill the beans,
I absolutely love the book and recommend it to everyone. This is the first time in my life I do not feel like i am on a diet. I am juSt changing my life to be healthier.. and now I can deal with my weight issues and what causes them. I have a light at the end of the tunnel this time!

HAPPY APRIL FOOL'S EVERYONE!!!
angelfadedblue is offline   Reply With Quote