Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 03-15-2005, 06:11 AM   #1  
CIN

Default TERRIFIC TUESDAY MARCH 15th

Good Morning Ladies
I was up early and finally had an opportunity to post!

My daughter and 4 children visited us for 8 days so needless to say we have been a little busy in this 2 bedroom home! She is MUCH better.physically & mentally and back at her place now. They were as happy to be at "home" as we were to have the "empty nest" again!

Weight Watcher meetings are having a very high attendance presently!I have 2 current memebers who have lost well over 100 pounds! One is at 143 pounds.the other 129...........such an awesome sight!This is a big encouragement for members who have that to lose!

I hope all of you are doing well in your weight loss efforts. It takes hard work & effort but all the small changes you make add up and make a difference!Every day we are given a fresh new start and it is about making choices daily...some days are better than others!

Have a great day!

Cin~
CIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2005, 07:55 AM   #2  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Good Morning Cin and Everyone to Come

Cin thats excellent that your having such wonderful success w/your WW groups keep it up, they obviously have a good leader and that is SO important.

Well ladies I can not talk today b/c I have an all day seminar here at work, 9 am - 4:30 pm ICK!

So have a wonderful day and be good to yourself.

HUGS
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2005, 08:10 AM   #3  
CIN

Thanks Leens
Good to see you....I am heading off to work....

Good Leader or Bad Leader the real magic is in YOU!The member does the work and it is work but it is worth it!

See ya!

Cin~
Old 03-15-2005, 11:03 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

good morning gang!

cin - we've been wondering where you were at? I didn't realize your dd and grandkids were staying that long. I was gonna send you an email this morning to make sure all was well but then I saw your post! So glad your meetings are going so well! That is some AWESOME weight losses! wow!

leenie - have fun yea right!

Liz - thanks for noticing the weight loss. Do you know anybody slower than me? hehe but that's ok - slow and steady wins the race - or so I hear. how ya doing? when do you have to go back to work?

Kathy - I'm so sorry about the car accident over the weekend! but I'm glad that you and dd are ok! how ya feeling today? sore?

Pegatha - were you able to finish up that paperwork last night? I sure hope so! that paperwork sure gets old!

Tina - where do you weigh in at on Fridays? do you do this at home? or at ww or tops or something like that? let us know how it goes.

I didn't make the time to exercise yesterday, but I did get up early today and get in my 2 miles. March Miles = 22

Where's the rest of our gang at? Tippy, Lynie, LindaT, Sue Marie, April, Joanne, Kierie, Christie, Marbleflys, Lanee, Darlin, Minnie, Ericka, Craftymom, Judomom, myluv4logan, Nefarious, Robin, and others? whassssssssssup?

Hope everyone has a blessed day!

hugs,
cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2005, 11:13 AM   #5  

Wink I was snooping and saw my name

Hiya Cathy and everyone.
:snf:

I had to do that for you poor folks in the East. It hasn't been as warm here.. today it only may get to 70. But I was really really cold last night!! No heater as it has been recalled so I cannot turn it on safely. I am waiting for an inspection next week. It was okay, though. Lots of blankets and a snuggling furry kitty help a lot.

Hi Cin, you little vixen. And Leenie, you naughty girl. How much you wanna bet she gets kept after school for misbehaving in class. Cathy Cathy, good going on the loss. Kept moving that butt. It'll keep falling off the more you do.. I promise.
LindaT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2005, 11:28 AM   #6  
prepare for the BEST time

Hiya everyone an welcome to the new ladies:

I'm doing well, had a very social weekend, went to a dinner pah-tee...I made up a BEEYOOTIFUL fruit tray, fresh pineapple, blood oranges, giant strawberries, kiwi and grapes...found a pretty tray and was quite proud of my presentation....Used La Creme yogurt with strawberry/chocolate as a dip.

OK, so I'm eating 1/2 as much as I used to....but my weight loss is s-l-o-w...I'm exercising consistently and my shape is changing, but it seems like it will take forever to get these 30# off...just once I would like to be an info-merical and say "the pounds just melted off and I was down 3 sizes in 10 days"...but that's not reality.

I refuse to be betrayed by my body...it will get back to proper size or I might consider a home equity loan for lipo-suction of my upper abs. I'm making progress, but am eager to see a big change...Put in 75 mins. of hard cardio yesterday (and didn't collapse on either the treadmill or elliptical), this AM did weights for 20 mins. and will go to the gym for cardio later today.

I've lost my taste for chocolate???? no kidding, I got a gift of chocoltes from San Franciso and I have maybe one-two bites then wrap it back up? I'm not complaining......but it is a strange feeling to not automatically over-eat.

BBL...busy at work
marbleflys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2005, 11:28 AM   #7  
Starting over Spring 2011

Height: 5'10"

Hi, everyone,

Thank you, Tina and Pegatha. It was a really scarey experience. My daughter and I are both so nervous being in a car right now!

Cin, that is so inspiring hearing about your members. I stayed the same this week, which was a little discouraging, but I will just keep going. Glad your daughter is o.k.

Leenie, good luck at your all-day meeting.

Cathy, yes, we are both sore, although the doc told us to take a lot of ibuprofen for three days, so I am sure that is helping. Good job on the weight loss. I am starting to feel better, either the thyroid might be starting to help, or getting off that one medicine. Now I am having some trouble sleeping, though, darn it! I stayed the same this week---my weight---but I seriously think the car accident shocked my body. Keep up the good work!

Hi, Linda, nice to meet you.

I am just working on sticking with WW and getting through this hard time. Have a blessed day, everyone.
tkdkathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2005, 11:30 AM   #8  
Starting over Spring 2011

Height: 5'10"

Marbleflys,

You must have been posting at the same time as I was. Keep up the good work. I wish results would come faster, too, but they will come if we work for them.
tkdkathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2005, 11:33 AM   #9  
prepare for the BEST time

Oh Hi Kathy, my sympathies to you, nothing is scarier than that awful sensation of a car accident, I'm glad you and your daughter are OK. I once had an accident and had the same type of feelings, I was fearful for a while too. I think anyone would have anxiety. You'll feel better after you come to terms with the insurance co. too. The important thing is that there are no serious injuries, everything else is replaceable.

take care!
marbleflys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2005, 12:24 PM   #10  
Divine Gal

Good afternoon ladies I posted in the wrong thread!! LOL

Anyway i think I am going to starte making my goals smaller because I think the bigger ones are discouraging me.I have put weight back on because I have let my eatin good on the wayside.I had a Napolean for dessert the other day.OMG it was sinful and probably helped with adding the pounds back on.
But i am recording today and trying to watch what I am eating.

*hugs*
lynnie
lynnie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2005, 01:11 PM   #11  
krazy binging insomiac

hello everyone,

i have to say, i'm really ***** today and i don't know why. i haven't even been at work for two hours and already everyone is pissing me off...to the point where i just want to go home and curl under my blankets and pet my cat the rest of the day. but no one has done anything that is particularly wrong. i'm just pissed off. ARGH. I want to scream at the top of my lungs!
nefarious_wytch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2005, 02:00 PM   #12  
CIN

Hi Gals
Just another quick note for Nefarious............
PLEASE don't refer to yourself with such an ugly word................we all have bad days but do not call yourself names.please....!

Maybe it is simply PMS ( pretty mean syndrome)

This is a room full of glorius people!

Our words CREATE the world we live in! Make them good ones!

Sincerely
Cin~
Old 03-15-2005, 06:48 PM   #13  

Quote:
Originally Posted by cathyxxx
Pegatha - were you able to finish up that paperwork last night? I sure hope so! that paperwork sure gets old!
No, Cathy, I'm so close, but I need a couple of pieces of information that I seem to have mislaid. So frustrating! I've turned everything upside down looking for them. I hate wasting time like this. I've got to become better organized. I'm always having to look for something, be it lost paperwork, or the right utensils to make dinner with. So I really think there's a direct connection between my lack of organization and my weight problem. Anyone else have that problem?

Tina, I've been thinking about your recommendation to replace my shoes. I bought a new pair today, so I hope that helps my foot. My old shoes looked fine, but they probably didn't have much cushioning left after a year of heavy use.

Better go search again for that paperwork (*sigh*)... take care, everyone.
pegatha1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2005, 08:37 PM   #14  
CIN

Linda T...................

So sorry I missed your posts today..it is great to hear from you and that weight loss is awesome!

Where have you been hiding Linda T? Come chat tonight if you can............I may be in there.would love to chat.

Nefarious..............surely there is another name I can call you.I feel uncomfortable calling anyone a name that means extra wicked or vile
Why did you choose such a name? Please do not be offended by my asking..just sorta makes me wonder???????????????????????????????????

Obviously............not many posted after mine at 2 which surprised me........I didnt say anything wrong...just dont care for profanity. even if you were using it on yourself girl!

Later
Cin~

PS Liz......glad to see you back too
Hello to everyone else too!
Old 03-15-2005, 08:58 PM   #15  

Default And where are you?

Cin,

I just popped into chat.. 20 minutes after your post. If you come back to chat, send me a PM... I'll get an email that you sent it and I'll come around.
LindaT is offline   Reply With Quote