Closed Thread

Old 03-12-2005, 08:03 AM   #1  
Queen of the Fresh Start

Default Fab 40's and Fit 50's! # 170

Wow, remember way back when we were only on double digit thread numbers? !

Today is our St. Pat's party. I prefer to hold it the Saturday before the actual day, too much hassle on a weekday.

Joe is not Irish at all, but is of mostly German, with some Polish and Russian descent. I've got Irish great-grandmothers from both sides, then am mainly German and Norwegian, with a bit of French and Scotch thrown in to make things interesting.
My sister Kathie has spent quite a few years and countless hours researching our family's genealogy. It's so interesting, and fun to know.

It's cold and we got a new inch of snow/ice covering everything. There goes any hope of the little ones being in the yard to wear them out.

Hope everyone enjoys the weekend. Tomorrow we will absolutely veg and I want to work on my cross stitch. There's never enough time.

Es, how are you? I'm hoping your pain is subsiding. Please take care

~Jen

Last edited by Jenny523; 03-12-2005 at 08:07 AM.
Old 03-12-2005, 11:19 AM   #2  
Queen of the Fresh Start

I'm taking the liberty of posting Es's message here...it was on the old thread:

"Hi Girls,

I felt lower back pain last Sunday but I had to go in to work Monday since we're short staffed. By Tuesday it was hurting even more, then Wed. I called in sick. I went to see my Dr. & she felt the spasms. By Thursday the pains were so bad I couldn't move. That's when I called Pete to tell him I had to go to the ER.

I'll be back later on Girls. My nephew just called that his wife was in a car accident. She's OK. Pete's on his way there now. Geeessshh when it rains it pours!"
Old 03-12-2005, 02:58 PM   #3  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Height: 5'6"

Ok........Ok........Ok........I'm so ashamed.......I read, I look, I never post. Why??? Cuz I have been SO bad......eating SO much......remember when I was at 43.8 lbs lost???? That was oh, about 14 months ago......so, about a month ago, I decided to "get back on track"!! Yeah, I went back to my WW meetings and lo and behold, I gained. A surprise? Oh course......NOT! Did I gain 43.8 back? Nope.....I gained 44.2!! .4 MORE than the start. What an idiot I am............

so, now that I beat myself up some, I really missed you's guys. I'm at 12.8 lost now and if I'm not stupid and keep to my meetings and ALWAYS rely on all of you as I used to do, I'll make it back again......

<sigh>.......love you's guys.

Zoe <><
I see the "SON" in Texas
Old 03-12-2005, 09:45 PM   #4  
[url=http://www.3fatchick

Hi buddies:

Es, mi amiga, I'm so sorry to hear about your back pain. Is it getting any better? What does the doctor think its from - could it be stress? Please take it easy and hope you're feeling better soon. Luv ya!

ZOEGIRL!!! I am sooooooooo glad to see you! We have all missed you. I know what you mean about being bad...........I had lost 25 lbs., kept it off for 4 years and then gained it and 1 more lb. for good measure back. But, you know what - it doesn't matter as long as we keep starting fresh. I just went back in January and I've lost 14 lbs. so far. I'm really happy to be back and feeling soooooooo good. Stay with us girl, we'll all do this together WELCOME BACK, my friend.

Jen - on your loss this week and don't sound so sad about it - LOSING IS A GOOD THING!!! 1 lb. is excellent. I lost 1 lb this week too and that makes 14 lbs. Pound by pound, week after week will surely add up and I'd certainly rather be losing that 1 lb or even ounces than gaining it, which is what I would definitely have done it I didn't start over. Wow, 25 lbs. of corn beef? Holy, Moly. I hope you have a great St. Pat's Dinner. I'm half Irish, but for some reason, can't stand cabbage (maybe cause it stinks? You know me, finicky, finicky, finicky.

Sandy - That little floozy - kissing Greg and having another guy somewhere else - the nerve Congrats on your loss too - you're doing terrific!

Terri - Washington sounds good - I'd love to see the veteran's memorial wall and the Holocaust Museum too. That must be very sobering and painful to see, but it is a part of history, even if we wish it didn't happen. Is Britts glad to be by herself for awhile? I bet she's gonna love having the place to herself. When will you be leaving?

Hi Susan, how are you doing? Busy, busy, busy! Hope you are well.

Hi Ruthie, Linda & Janie. Okay, you guys, ZoeGirl's back, your turn! We miss you.

I'll talk to you's guys tomorrow.

Hugs,
Dianne

http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tra.../lb/0/25.6/14/

Last edited by dpadro; 03-12-2005 at 09:58 PM.
Old 03-12-2005, 10:17 PM   #5  
NeverGiveUp

S/C/G: 207/200/150

Height: 5'2

Smile

Zoe, WELCOME BACK!! No matter what you should always come back. Don't you realize how much we miss you? Stick it out with us. We're here for eachother.

Dianne, the Dr. did mention stress too. I didn't know back spasms could be due to stress. I'm feeling much better. I hope I never go through this again. They gave me some good pain meds.

We woke up to quite a few inches of snow. My niece is fine. The roads were slippery this morning. She was on the right lane, on her way to work, when an EMS driver spun out of control but couldn't avoid from hitting her on the drivers side. She's OK thank God. Her arm & neck hurts.

Till tomorrow my buddies.
Old 03-13-2005, 06:56 PM   #6  
Queen of the Fresh Start

What a great time we had yesterday. There were 19 for dinner, and 10 slept overnight. Very little leftovers. If it were up to me, we'd have only the corned beef, good rye bread and Joe's homemade horseradish. I don't like cooked cabbage, only make it for the others. My niece brought her kareoke machine, it was fun. Most of us were up till 2:30...then Matt woke Joe and I up this a.m. at 6:30 It will be an early night for us tonight.

Hey, ZOE, nice to see you back here! Tomorrow's another day, we have to stick with it. Good luck and keep in touch!

Es, how is your back? Thank goodness your niece wasn't seriously hurt.

I've got to focus and recommit this week to journalling and getting in my waters. I have been getting in a weight workout each morning before work, and it's fun.

Hi Terri, Sandy, Dianne...Have a great Monday!!!
~Jen
Old 03-14-2005, 08:19 AM   #7  

Good Morning everyone

It is time for a fresh start for me today. I always seem to let the weekend events getting the best of me. I was at an all day seminar at our church yesterday, which included a catered lunch that was not core or WW friendly. They served sandwiches on white subrolls, Cheetos, and choc chip cookies. I was hungry, and I ate all that, and then seemed set up for cravings last night. But today is a new day! Spring is coming!
Hi Zoe, Welcome Back! It is so good to have each other here for support, no matter how long we have been gone or how far we stray from WW. You know we will be here with our fresh starts, our struggles, persistance, and successes to share too.

Es, I am glad to hear that you are feeling better and that your niece only had minor effects from the accident.

Jen, that sounds like a really fun party. Especially the Karaoke machine.
Ohh Danny Boy..... we nearly named David, Danny. Mike's mother is 1/2 Irish. My brother is the Genealogy bug in the family. He has done lots of research and shared it with all of us. I find it interesting, but not fascinating the way he does.
Oh, and we had our corned beef too. Just 4lbs. But it came out really yummy, I realized that I hadn't even made it for a few years.

Hi Dianne, Terri, and the rest of our gang.

Sandy
Its a day for me too.
Old 03-14-2005, 08:37 PM   #8  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Hello all ~ had to work today. Blah!! Oh, I've been gone so long that I don't remember if I had even told ya's that I went to part time. I think that I did and that's when I "fell off the wagon HARD". Anyway, rather than 5 short days, I am doing 4 full and 3 days off......for now. Anyway, my supervisor was off today and asked if I could come in and take Friday off instead. Not a problem.....this will mean that I have Friday AND my Monday next week, making it a 4 day weekend!! Woo Hoo! So I worked today and now that I have Monday under my belt, I'm good.

Dianne ~ Good job on those 14 lbs!! That's so great! Keep up the good work....it will inspire me.

Es ~ Sorry to hear about your back pain. I have lower back pains once in awhile and boy, it's no fun. Hope you're feeling better. And glad to hear that your niece is ok. Sliding on ice in a car is so scary.

Dianne and Es ~ about your snow, I saw all that you's guys had gotten a week or so ago. That's the one thing that I don't miss from living in NJ. Stay warm and thawed

Jen ~ So you have some new snow and ice too......Last February in 2004, we had 4 inches of snow!! Now while that doesn't sound like much to you all up north, it's a blizzard down here in TX!! You stay warm and thawed too.

Sandy ~ It seems that everyone I know had weekends.... and they do THEM in too.......let's just get back on the wagon.....

and speaking about CORE, anyone here doing that program? I just cannot get it. It's all because I do not know the meaning of "till satisfied". I have no idea what "satisfied" means. So I stick to the flex plan....

Well, almost time to relax and watch some TV. Been making Easter and birthday cards.....now I'm tired. Have a great evening and wow, I sure did miss you's guys!

Zoe <><
I see the "SON" in Texas
Old 03-15-2005, 04:59 AM   #9  
NeverGiveUp

S/C/G: 207/200/150

Height: 5'2

Smile

Girls, I'll be back later. Yesterday was very busy at work since I was out most of last week. My back still hurts but the drugs they gave me help. I'll be back this evening.

Have a nice day.

Zoe, it's so nice seeing you here with us again.

Hugs,
Es
Old 03-15-2005, 09:01 AM   #10  

Hi Zoe,
I am following the core plan. At first when I used it, I was losing really slowly and I also gained one week. I think that one way to get started is to use the core foods, but measure out pointed portions and then focus on eating slowly and pay attention to how you feel physically. If you still feel empty, then take seconds. I really enjoy the core foods. The high fiber and lots of veggies and fruits make me feel very satisfied. On top of that I get kind of a healthy buzz, but that may be all in my mind.
The other thing is that over time, since I feel better I am exercising more and using the activity points for all the extras. I take full advantage of the 35 points we get each week and my earned activity points. Yesterday I earned 4 points for working out plus I used 5 flex points. My treats were French bread with dinner, a small brownie with light ice cream, and some dried apricots.
I seem to be losing about 1 pound a week lately. I am down 23 from my highest weight, which means down 15 since I rejoined in October.

Today is another really busy day without even working for pay. I am on my way to a memorial service for a church friend’s son this morning (a long sad story, he had cancer that was discovered very late due to his suffering with schizophrenia). Next my mother is closing on her new apartment today, so I will meet her and my brother at the lawyer’s office, then back to the high school this evening to work on costumes for the musical.

Hugs to the whole gang, I will be back tomorrow when I have a quieter day.

Sandy
Old 03-16-2005, 04:09 PM   #11  

Es,
I hope you feel better seetie!!!! I hate back pain. It is the worst.
I hope yor niece is ok.

Jen,
Your St. Patty's Day party sounds great. If ever I am in Chicago can I come? I am so glad it was great. I knew it would be. I miss the big family thing.

Sandy,
I hope she isn't a floozy. I don't know how I will handle it when my boys get girlfriends. Their little hearts. I will always want to protect them.
Yes, I really lucked out with Brittany. She has her head on straight. We have a few families that said she can call them if she needs anything.
We may not go anywhere except day trips.
You are working the plan well. Good job.

Zoe,
HI!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so glad you are back. You will do great. I have been there. It will work out. Just be glad you stopped when you did. I know people that went on for years before they started again. They would be up twice as much as there previous starting weight. WELCOME BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dianne,
We saw all of that the last time we were in D.C. It is very sobering.
We aren't sure now if we are going. I am fine either way.

We got a new pc. It has a wireless keyboard. I love it. It is so fast. I don't need as much patience.
I'll write more later.
Terri
Old 03-16-2005, 07:24 PM   #12  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Hello all

Just got home from work. I am off this Friday and Monday so I'll have a 4 day weekend! YEAH! I'll be busy though.....Friday will be laundry day since I've been so lazy with that lately. I also have orders for 5 cards. I've been making all kinds of greeting cards and sell them for $4 each. I love doing it and it's so much fun. People love them and want me to make them since for about the same money, they get just ordinary plain-jane cards in the stores. Mine are personal, their colors, their themes, etc......So I'll be busy with those. I love this part time work. Maybe I'll be able to create some nice "little" business, then I won't need to go into an office AT ALL! (wishful thinking)

Sandy ~ I"m so happy to hear that you're doing so well on the CORE plan. I think I might try it again, not sure when but, I will. I think you have a good idea when you said to do it but count the points. I think that could make me lose a nice amount of weight too.

Terri ~ thanks so much for the welcome back! I missed you's guys. I wanted to write so many times, even when I was just reading some but, I kept trying to lose some weight first. Crazy, huh???? Speaking about CORE, aren't you doing it? Or were? I think I'll try again......

Es ~ I hope your back is getting better, at lease some each day. The drugs will help.

HI Jen and Dianne

You's guys have a great St. Paddy's Day tomorrow!

Zoe <><
I see the "SON" in Texas

Last edited by Zoe; 03-16-2005 at 07:28 PM.
Old 03-17-2005, 09:16 AM   #13  
[url=http://www.3fatchick

HAPPY ST. PADDY'S DAY, MY BUDDIES!

Are you a wearin' the green today? I am - I had to go out last night and buy a green top - every year I wind up buying a new green top just for today, cause I really don't like green and the only time I wear it is once a year, so I always bury whatever top I bought and can't find it when I need it again
What kinda Irish woman am I??

ZoeGirl - I make greeting cards too, but I don't sell them....hmmmm... maybe I should. I love making them - they are so much more personal. I also do invitations and I did one for my granddaughter's 10th birthday - she gave them out at school and they were a big hit, since they had her name on the front, etc. Good luck with CORE if you try it, I'm just not brave enough for that yet

Jen - Sounds like your St. Pat's party was a blast. I'm glad you had such a good time. Where on earth did you sleep all those people?

Es, amiga - How are you doing? Is your back better? Are you working? Take it easy buddy.

Sandy - You sound super busy! I know you enjoy it though. Sorry to hear about your friend's son. Especially sad when someone young dies.

Terri - Whatever you decide, I hope you enjoy!

Alana is coming home this weekend for Spring break. I'm taking off Monday and we have off Good Friday, so we'll have some good "bonding" time. I miss her so much. I just realized that she is graduating college in May Its so hard to believe. She's such a great young woman and I'm sooooooo proud of her. I know how lucky I am to have such a great relationship with her. I, unfortunately, did not have that with my mom, but I did with my Nana. The other day Alana sent me and Willie a "care" package "just because". She said she was grateful for all we've done for her and thought it was time to send US a care package She will be home in May and it will be strange in a way to have her back home, but I can't wait.

Saturday Willie and I will celebrate our anniversary - 21 years married, 26 years together . Not even sure what we are doing yet. I think we may go out to dinner and dancing at a latin club.

Well, I gotta get back to work. Hi to everyone

Have a great day everybody!

Hugs,
Dianne

http://www.3fatchicks.com/weight-tra.../lb/0/25.6/14/

Last edited by dpadro; 03-17-2005 at 09:25 AM.
Old 03-17-2005, 05:26 PM   #14  

HAPPY ST. PATTY'S DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dianne,
That is wonderful about you and Alana. I have the same relationship with Brittany. Isn't it wonderful? She buys me things just because and the anniversry card she gave us last year I cried and I have it on display. The words she wrote about her dad and I were so heartfelt. After seeing what is out there in the way of mother/daughter relationships we should jump for joy.
[HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!]

Zoe,
The cards sound wonderful! Sounds like fun.
Keep with us no matter what. We love you. We care but don't care (You know what I mean) if you gain. That is why we are all here. Life happens.
Stay for the long run.

I hope you all had a great St. Patty's Day!!!!!!!!!!!

Terri
Old 03-18-2005, 08:27 AM   #15  
Zoe
I see the SON in Texas

Happy Friday!!

I'm off today and wanted to sleep since I/we get up at 5 am every weekend.......can I? NO~ I woke even BEFORE 5, with a splitting headache . I didn't even have any green beer yesterday I think it's stress........ work has had extra work and deadlines lately, all due to incompetent programmers. I do Medicare billing and when people send their claims to us (electronically) and the program messes up, I am the "fixer" and have to do review claims (hard copy, through the mail). What a job when there is a big mess up and there are TONS of claims to do. I'm surprised I wasn't asked to work today since I'm off today and Monday. I would have said yes but I was NOT going to offer So anyway, that was a long paragraph to say .......Woo Hoo! I'm off for a 4 day weekend!!

Happy Anniversary Dianne & Willie!!

Dianne ~ How wonderful a relationship you have with Alana. Graduating??? I could swear I remember her just starting.....<sigh> how the time flies.....and congrats to you and Willie for so many years together. Here in my little "circle" in Texas, it's a rare thing to see a marriage of so many years. Greg and I will be married 26 yrs in May and I thank God for him and our relationship. Oh, on the cards.....I didn't start out selling them and to be honest, this is my first "batch to sell". I made some to give away and people said "wow, where did you get that?" and "make me one too".....so I sell them for $3 if it's just "paper" (no embellishments, just a 3-D paper card) and $4 for anything else. I also make gift tags. As a matter of fact, one girl asked me to make a card for her boyfriends birthday and then called and asked if I could make a gift tag to match......I'm going to be busy and even though I won't have a lucrative business, it sort of pays for some of my supplies. Heck, it's just a lot of fun, huh......

Terri ~ Thank you so much for your kind words. I know what you mean by caring and not caring I am going to try the CORE plan, starting tomorrow (my WW day) but do like Sandy said and count those points. I think it will help me to get used to what CORE really is. OH, by the way, your new PC sounds wonderful! I am in the market so can you let me know what you actually bought.....I want to check it out.

Well, hope everyone else is doing well. You may hear alot from me today since I'll be home. With this extra day off this weekend, my plan for today is to stay home and catch up on laundry/ironing/winter and spring clothes switch-a-roo.

Talk to you's guys later.............(It feels so good to be "home" with you's again)

Zoe <><
I see the "SON" in Texas
Closed Thread