Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 03-12-2005, 06:37 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Smile Weekend Chat - March 12th and 13th

Good Morning,

We had a few inches of snow dumped on us last night but thats not gonna stop us from going to the Circus this morning I must say that the earth looks beautiful this morning, solid white, trees just heavy with snow and they sparkle so pretty. Hurry Summer

Work has been so busy, with this new guy over my shoulder I barely have time to do anything. Stinks I tell yah.

How is everyone today? watcha got planned for this glorious weekend?

Now I'm going off to read your posts the past few days.

HUGS!!!
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2005, 10:37 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

good morning gang!

Leenie - is that an outdoor circus? sounds cold up there! it is absolutely beautiful here today!

Synn/Keri - I am so glad that you are already feeling better on the Celexa!

Marbleflys - were you braving the scale today?

I am fixing to go do 4 miles - trying to make up for yesterday!

what's everyone doing today? I've got a list of things to do - but it will all wait until I get in my exercise!

hugs,
cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2005, 11:01 AM   #3  
One day at a time

Hi am am new to the forum and thought I would stop in. I had posted my history and Leenie told me to come here. We got some snow dumped on us last night as well. I think we got about 3 inches and are supposed to be getting 3 more. Funny I heard the Spring peepers just the other day and here I thought oh I am so HAPPY we will have warmer weather soon! Yea right! LOL Sometimes I think the gloominess outside makes me that much more depressed. Do any of you feel that way?
tkay90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2005, 11:41 AM   #4  

Hi, everyone. I'm sort of new here, too. I joined 3FC about a week ago. I tend to overeat when I'm stressed out. In the past few weeks I've been really good about sticking to my food plan and my exercise, but yesterday I had a bit of a relapse. Ate a couple of cookies and some ice cream for no reason at all; I didn't even particularly want them. Of course, I'm grateful that I didn't eat even more than that (this was just a mini-binge by my usual standards), but still I want to nip this in the bud before I slide back into old habits.

I think I ate because I was feeling a little disappointed. I've been having some pain in my foot that's disrupting my exercise goals a bit. I tried to call and make an appointment to have the doctor check it out, but the first time no one even picked up the phone, and the second, I got the usual recording and then was placed on hold. I hung up after five minutes of holding because I didn't even know if there was a human at the other end. (We have to go to a military healthcare facility. No choice in the matter. But dealing with a military clinic is a source of continuing frustration.) I tried to deal with my foot worries in a positive way instead of binging, only to encounter a clinic that &@#$% doesn't answer the phone. So I really think that's what precipitated the binge.

Thanks for letting me vent.
pegatha1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2005, 01:31 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Welcome Tina & Pegatha! nice to meet ya'll!

Tina - I think the winter weather definitely affects everyone somewhat. Today here in Louisiana the sun is shining - it's 50 and absolutely BEAUTIFUL and it has certainly helped my mood! I hope the sun shines soon around there. Or hey - run on down here and we'll share with you! ;-)

Pegatha - so glad you found us! I totally understand about being disappointed when you cannot exercise. I feel bad & guilty when I miss it! I hope that you can figure out and fix your foot pain! Maybe it will just heal up and go away without having to a fool with a doctor! now wouldn't that be nice! I hope it is better soon!

hugs,
cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2005, 02:15 PM   #6  
One day at a time

Thanks Cathy I wish I could go somewhere with sunshine!!! That would be so nice! Jealous here!!!

Pegatha I too eat when I am upset. Maybe you could grab a yogurt instead of icecream and instead of cookies maybe graham crackers. I know it is hard but like you said you could have ate a whole lot more than you did. I have sat down and ate a 1/2 gallon of icecream before. Now that is BAD!!! Chin up! I sure hope your foot is feeling better soon. What type of shoes do you where when you exercise? Maybe you need a shoe with more support. I had to buy some Reebok's for myself. They are a dream!! I was getting plantar's fisitus (sp?) where my heel was killing me so I had to go and get a better quality shoe. Just a thought maybe this will help you too.
Old 03-12-2005, 04:20 PM   #7  

Thanks for the welcome, everyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cathyxxx
I think the winter weather definitely affects everyone somewhat. Today here in Louisiana the sun is shining - it's 50 and absolutely BEAUTIFUL and it has certainly helped my mood!
It sure affects my mood. I live a lot farther north than most of you, just about 70 miles or so from the Canadian border. You'd think we'd have severe winters, but normally we don't, because it's usually so dry in this area. We've already been having springlike sunny weather for weeks. I love it! I'd like to see a little rain because the economy around here depends on farming, but boy, does this sunshine ever help my outlook on life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkay90
Chin up! I sure hope your foot is feeling better soon. What type of shoes do you where when you exercise? Maybe you need a shoe with more support.
I think plantar fasciitis is my problem too. It just feels like someone's sticking a needle in your heel sometimes, doesn't it? I bet you're right about the shoes. I wear Avias both for exercise and around the house, but mine are at least a year old, and they say you should replace your aerobic shoes after about six months. So I guess I ought to go see about a new pair soon.
Old 03-12-2005, 07:35 PM   #8  

Hi everyone....the weather here is great.....we aren't wearing coats in the daytime.....DH & I are going to play cards tonight with friends.

I have decided to go back on the Celexa.....will start off with a low dose....did this morning.....stopped the natural antidepressants. I was getting more & more depressed this winter.

Welcome tkay & pegatha.

April
april99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2005, 09:27 PM   #9  
One day at a time

April what natural anti depressants were you using?
Old 03-13-2005, 03:10 AM   #10  

Tina.....I was using SAM-e & 5-HTP. I have SAD.....live in a more northern climate in Canada.....there is a lot of SAD where I live.

I felt really good in November & December....but on Dec. 26 I started to get sad.....& have these thoughts in my head....January was bad....so was February.....also March. I would have a few days a week where I felt good.
The Sam-e is really expensive.....so I decided to go back to Celexa.....it is covered by our medical.....at least most of it is.....the only thing I didn't like about the Celexa was that it made me really tired.....used to have a hard time getting up in the mornings.

April
april99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2005, 04:36 AM   #11  

Hi everybody! Do you still remember me? It is great to see NEW FOLKS posting~ Welcome!

I have been away to Disney and then a week in Cancun.......should have done it in reverse though so I could walk off all the calories from the all inclusive........so much rich food and drinks......anyhow there is a bit more of me now! I am eager to get to work and get back in the swing of things.

It was a wonderful break.

I have not gone back to check posts of the last week or so........please fill me in if there is anything vital........I have missed you all!

Hugs to one and all!

Eliz
liz321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2005, 06:36 AM   #12  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Welcome Tina and Peg glad to see you

Tina the weather definitly plays a part in how I feel, it can be cold out but if the sun is shinning and the skys are blue I feel so much better, but this winter is really getting to me lately. But hang in there, we're almost there. Another strange thing is Easter is in 2 weeks and there's so much snow on the ground, usually its about 50 - 60 on Easter and the flowers are starting to come up. OY!

Peg, yeah emotional eating, I'm pretty sure that defines most if not all of us.
Its something thats not easy to over come but its definitly possible.

Cathy 4 miles, good golly, I'm proud of you. The circus was indoors, at the Continental Airlines Arena in NJ. It was good, Ringling Bros. & Barn. Balley Circus. Other than the elephant pooping it was a good show DD loved it but it was a little to long for a 3 year old. It lasted 2 hrs 15 minutes. She did pretty good though. Get this, $23.50 for a ticket, $8 to park, for a box of popcorn it cost $6. Cotton Candy $9. Souviner lighted thingy was $18. SICK or what ? Good thing I packed box drinks in my purse LOL. So if your a parent with 2 or 3 kids you had better bring your check book

April, I know you've had a rough time on the natural anti's, I'm glad to hear your going back on the celexa Didn't you tell us your gonna be a G'ma soon or am I imagining it all?

Liz Welcome to 3FC's Just kidding !!! I've never gone to cancun but I hear its beautiful, and most folks talk about the food when they come back LOL. Disney is on our agenda in a few years, I want DD to be old enough to remember it some what.

Since yesterday was a no cleaning day, I'll be doing that today as well as prepare some meals for the week. Thats about it.

How about you chickies?
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2005, 09:59 AM   #13  
Divine Gal

Welcome new chickies!!! Stay and have fun posting! We love to hear from others
lynnie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2005, 01:28 PM   #14  

I weighed myself this morning (Sunday) and I'm down about two pounds. That's seven pounds altogether since early February, so I"m cautiously optimistic. "Cautious" because I've lost and regained this same 8 to 10 pounds several times in the past. It's just when I start feeling successful that I tend to let my guard down. Some part of me believes--in spite of all evidence to the contrary--that I can't really be THAT big, so seeing the numbers on the scale start to go down reinforcess my denial mechanism, if that makes sense. I pick up my jeans or a skirt and see now much fabric there is, and I think, "Surely it can't take that much material to cover me," even though it really does. I think this way even though I've been wearing those big clothes for years. Does this make sense to anyone?
Old 03-13-2005, 01:32 PM   #15  

Hey everybody!

Thanks for the welcome back Leens.........I have been busy doing laundry and getting sorted out for back to life tomorrow.......it actually feels good...going to pick up my yorkie and car from Mom's today........then going to go for a big walk..........

Cancun really was so beautiful. My dd13 was sick most of the time we were away and lost weight....but better to be sick in a wonderful resort than at home.

DD 7 swam her heart out and had a lot of fun.

Next time we are leaving kids at home as hubby and I had very little time to ourselves and we need that too!

Was a great get away.

How have things been here? Everyone ok? Talk soon!

Eliz
liz321 is offline   Reply With Quote