Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 03-10-2005, 04:39 AM   #1  

Default Thursday, March 10 Chat

Hi everyone.....it's 1:30 in the morning here.....couldn't sleep.

I haven't been here for a while....haven't been doing well....very sad....the last few weeks....had 2 days each of those weeks where I felt good....the rest of the 2 weeks.....would feel good in the mornings.....but would have parts of the days where I was sad.

I am going to call the doctor today.....have been on 3 different antidepressants over the last 3 years......the side effects were not good....weight gain....also so tired......sleeping an extra 4 or 5 hours a day.....don't know what I am going to do.....but will talk to the doctor about it.

April
april99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2005, 07:51 AM   #2  
CrAzY GiRl on a mission!

S/C/G: 307/307/150

Default Hello Again!

Good Morning all~
Sorry to have gone MIA recently. Just been on a downward spiral the last few weeks....no matter if it is good or bad, I just get depressed.
So, I went to my doctor on Tuesday (its becoming monthly ritual) and she prescribed me Celexa...anyone else on it?

I start today with a half a pill each day for a week, then change up to a whole pill....I am kind of apprehensive, because I hate having to rely on a drug to help me feel better, but I was at wits end. No matter what I did, I end up crying in my pillow at the end of the day....so here goes nothing.

Now I jsut hope I will remember to take the darned thing every day. I am horrible with remembering to take pills.

Started LAWL at home yesterday, with the take off portion of the plan (supposed to follow it for 2-3 days) but that part of the plan stinks, so today I am just going to jump into the plan itself.

Hope everyone has a good day...
synn1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2005, 09:49 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

good morning gang!

I think it's actually Thursday, March 10, but if I was still up at 1:30 and couldn't sleep I could definitely see where you might think it was Tuesday hehe

April - I'm so sorry you've been having a rough time! I hope ya'll figure out what you need. You said once that you are on synthroid - right? can you get your doc to run the Free T3 and Free T4 tests and check on your Free T3 levels? synthroid only has T4 in it and most of us with thyroid problems don't convert the T4 to T3 like it should. If you absolutely love your synthroid then cytomel can be added to increase your T3 (when your T3 is not in the upper normal range or a little above it causes depression) or you could simply switch to Armour Thyroid which is natural and has both T4 AND T3, well it also has T1 and T2 too, but that is a whole other story. I would not be surprised at all to find that your T3 is too low and is playing a big part in your depression. Just trying to help. I want you to feel better!

Hi Synn - I was wondering where you went? Sorry you've been having a rough time too! I have 2 friends on Celexa and they both love it! One says she does not have much of a sex drive on it, but says she is able to work thru it and feels so much better that she doesn't mind that. Let us know how you do on it.

Lynnie - how ya feeling today?

Cin? you still got dd and your grandchildren staying with you? I'm sure you are one busy lady - with ww meetings on Monday and Tuesday too! how is dh doing? and how are you? missed ya yesterday and the day before! hugs!

Leenie - how's work? I thought of you this morning while driving into work. I had in my Third Day cd and when "Show Me Your Glory" started....well I just thought you and said a prayer for you! I figured you were on my mind for a reason.

Liz - are you still laying on the beaches of Cancun? when do you get back home? don't ya wish a good vaction could last a month!

Tippy - how is the house coming? and how's your little heart?

what's the rest of our gang doing today?
LindaT, SueMarie, Kathy, Marble, Lanee, Darlin, Minnie, Erica, Craftymom, Judomom, myluv4logan, Christie, Nefarious, Robin? whatssssssup?

I got up early and did 2 miles this morning.
March Miles = 16

hope everyone has a blessed day!

hugs,
cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2005, 10:09 AM   #4  
prepare for the BEST time

Whew, I'm sure glad that it is Thursday instead of Tuesday, I couldn't remember either!

I feel GOOD!!!! Lasted 45 mins. with my exercise routinge this morning, there is less poochy-fat when I did my pinch test and I am wearing a pair of pants that previously made me look like 10 lbs. of sausage in a 5 lb. casing (you know what I mean). They zipped right up and fit properly, even a little extra room in the hip/thigh area.

My underwear fit better, nothing is straining...does that count? Maybe I will brave the scale on Saturday.......

BBL
marbleflys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2005, 10:17 AM   #5  
CIN

Hi Gals
It is Thursday March 10 th here in Ky.I am alive,well & kicking
Not much time
See yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Bust Cin~
CIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2005, 10:50 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Marble - of course that counts girlie! that is AWESOME! you are doing great! I also prefer my morning exercise to any other time of the day. As you said, yesterday I think, I can just get all hot and sweaty and not worry about my hair or makeup and then get cleaned up and good for the day! But if I do not drag myself out of bed, I try really hard to get it in later - I have gotten to where I feel awful if I miss it - it affects me mentally and physically - but I do give myself some days off - usually 2 a week!

Cin - I'm so glad that you are "alive, well & kicking"! come back and catch us up on things when you have the time.

hugs!
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2005, 11:10 AM   #7  
Walking by faith

Smile Hi Ladies

It's a beautiful sunny day here in GA , and I can still put one foot in front of the other (very carefully!) , so I'm blessed

April: I'm so sorry to hear that you're going through such a hard time. I've read somewhere that Spring is one of the hardest times of year for people with SAD. There are so many new meds and alternative treatments out there; I know you'll find what works for you.

CIN: When you've stopped running , drop by and let us know how you're doing.

Lynnie: How are you doing? Hope your new meds work well for you

Kierie: I like what you had to say about my (ex)Ortho . God forgive me; but my thoughts exactly! And yes, I am going to seek legal action. My new doctor talked about their protocol for surgical follow-up; and the other guy dropped the ball big time

Synn: Glad to see you again! I hope the Celexa helps. I'm sure having a rough winter doesn't help Been there, done that (I grew up in Mass, and lived in ME for 15 years)

Cathy: My son wasn't on Geodon for very long, and I forget the exact dose. I found recently that my son had found a drug that he liked better (crystal meth-speed). I'm saddened, but not surprised . The fortunate thing is that he's probably going to a drug rehab program up near Atlanta. He'll be there for 6-9 months. I think he's beginning to see for himself that God's not through with him yet!

Marble: I'm glad you're feeling better. WTG on the exercise!

Leenie: Maybe you could do a drive by post while the boss is on his break

Liz: Are you home? We want to hear about Cancun

Kathy, Tippy, Lanee, Stephanie, SueMarie, and everyone else: Have a great day-come and visit for awhile ::
Stepping Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2005, 11:48 AM   #8  
Starting over Spring 2011

Height: 5'10"

HI, everyone,

Today is the day I see my nurse-practitioner. I am so nervous. I need help to feel better ASAP, but I am scared about changing anything. I am VERY sensitive to medications and everything else, and have had some bad reactions to changing things. I see her at 1:00. I will definitely let you know how it went.

April and Synn, I am so sorry to hear things are rough. I can relate. I think we will all feel better soon. Hang in there.

Cathy and Marble, good job with the work-outs! I can't wait until I feel better and have more energy to work out, too.

Joanne, your optimistic spirit is an inspiration. I hope you have a blessed day.

Well, I have to get some things done before my appointment. Wish me luck! I am so scared we won't figure out what is wrong, or we will do the wrong thing and I won't feel better, or I will feel worse. I will be so glad when things are going better.

Have a good day, everyone.
tkdkathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2005, 12:40 PM   #9  
Divine Gal

Hello ladies.Well being that I have a cold on top of taking my new medicine I feel ok.I have one side effect from the zoloft so far. I have gas alot.It seems as though the Geodon is working fine.I hate being sick.

*hugs*
lynnie
lynnie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2005, 01:42 PM   #10  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Hi Ladies Looong Day I've been reprimanded I will go into the Gories WHEN i get home
KO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2005, 01:47 PM   #11  
prepare for the BEST time

oh, sorry.....(shall I cyber-slap them for you?) that kind of encounter tends to make the workday extra long..... take care!
marbleflys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2005, 03:26 PM   #12  
CIN

Hi again
Yes.....daughter PLUS 4 been here in our 2 bedroom home since Sat night.........

Need I say more?

I will take the "empty nest" anytime now !

Later taters.

I am working at 5 for someone ( Thank Goodness!)

Byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Cin~
CIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2005, 03:35 PM   #13  

Hi again everyone

I am feeling fine now....not sad.....that seems to be the way with SAD.....you feel great in the morning....if you are going to feel sad that day.....it happens as the day goes on.....for a few hours or an afternoon or evening.

I looked back on my calendar from last year.....January & February were not very good.....sad a lot.....I was on Celexa then.....when I look back on the last 3 winters....before this winter.....I didn't always do very well.....I was on either on Paxil....Effexor or Celexa......not at the same time......with those I had the side effect of wanting to sleep 4 or 5 hours more a day....feeling out of it.....because I was so tired all the time.

With what I am on now.....I am able to get up in the morning.......don't feel tired.......am able to have a social life....to see other people......am able to clean the house some of the time......I have only DH, my grown up DS3 here.....so I know it is important to get out with friends.....but on the regular antidepressants....I had such bad side effects.....stayed home much more.
Last month when I went to a workshop on SAD....they said.....antidepressants only work with 30% of people with SAD.....that fact is depressing.

Next week I have an appointment to see a counselor.

Synn.....I was on Celexa last winter.....I had to keep upping the dose until I was on 40 mg......it didn't work very well for me.....the side effects were bad.....but everyone is different.

April
april99 is offline   Reply With Quote