Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Closed Thread

Old 05-21-2001, 05:43 AM   #1  
On my way!!

Smile

Thanks, Judy! New thread!!

Thought I'd check in before hitting the gym this morning...

Judy: I certainly hope it counts! Boy, the activity points would really be adding up!! I don't count activity points either, seems like a waste of burning calories just to add more to the pile!

Anne: I can't BELIEVE it's snowing for you! Guess you can't send that far. I'm sure it'll warm up soon.

Have a great day everyone!

womaninlove
Old 05-21-2001, 07:10 PM   #2  
Bacon Girlie

S/C/G: see signature

Height: 5/4

Default I'm back!

Heya, I'm back! That was my brother at the door last night!

I have been going a few pts over the past couple of days! Arrgh! At least I've been exercising! What an excuse! I've been really HUNGRY lately!!!!! What's up with THAT?????

Bad news: BF and I have been invited to a pool party in a month! Good motivation, eh? Ahhh!!!!!

Anne, I can't believe it's snowing in Colorado Springs!!!Wow...I like snow though

Womaninlove, has Honey gone to day shift yet? How are you getting along? I'm sure it's a great change!

Judy and Debbie, how are the steps going?

This weekend, BF and I are going to a Revolutionary War reenactment for the whole weekend...I wonder what they will have to eat...probably the usual, turkey legs and stew!!Argh! I'll just have to make the best choices and have a good time. This will be my second reeactment; he is a veteran. He's in the process of making my dress right now. The reenactments are so awesome..but, we have to live "life" as close to the nineteeth century as possible, so no toiletries or modern day food or anything!!! I don't even get to wear a bra ( like anyone would know anyway!). It's a really neat experience and I'm pretty excited!

Anyway, going to work out tonite. I haven't done the elliptical in about a week, but have kept up with the walking.

To the walkers: if you use a treadmill, what kind of speed do you use on the average? Or if you don't use treadmills, approximately what type of pace per hour do you walk? I'm really not monitoring mine when I'm outside, I just figure if I've broken a sweat and am warm then I'm doing okay.

The walking is sucking though because I'm getting this pain up the side of my right calf. It starts to really hurt by 1/2 hour and then around 45min it starts to diminish. I feel like I might have pulled something, but I don't know how! I just figure that maybe the walking will help it get better...or do you think it will make it worse?

Thanks for your help!

Girlie
Old 05-21-2001, 11:19 PM   #3  
"GrannyOnTheMove"

Hi everyone....A day without exercise! More rain plus we had an appointment to go to which took half the day and then I had to visit a cousin in town at my Mother's house....not in the mood for the elliptical after all that! The whole week looks like it is going to be crappy! Know what you mean Girlie about getting the HUNGRIES! Sometimes you just feel hungrier than others...I know I do and I think that depends on how much exercise you get and how busy you are...I always set the treadmill on 4.0 mph and I always average walking outside at a pace of 4.0 - 4.5 mph....that is a good clip, but I like to walk fast for a good workout. Girlie ~ Maybe you should try some stretching before you walk...just a thought for the sore calves. Sounds like the reenactment would be fun. Good to have a goal for that pool party! Sometimes deadlines help. We are going to Louisville, Ky. this coming weekend to the George Strait Country Music Festival...I am really looking forward to that...hope it don't rain! because it is outside. Have a great evening everyone. Tomorrow is my weigh in...wish me luck!
Old 05-22-2001, 08:58 AM   #4  
On my way!!

Default Speaking of motivation...

Hi ladies!

We are headed to Cape Hatteras, NC for Memorial Day weekend with his parents. That's the beach we are getting married on. We are going to do little but curl our toes in the sand. Walking the beach is a great workout, and it's so beautiful it doesn't even feel like you're exercising! I LOVE it down there!! I can't wait!! Time to try on the ol' bathing suit though...

Girlie: I agree with Judy about the stretching for your calf. We are getting along great--he is such a good man. It's so nice to have more time with him and wake up next to him again .....Speaking of true love... I know you'll have a great time at your re-enactment! I think it's so sweet that BF makes your dresses. I think I'd be packin' some of your carrot sticks in your stockings or something, though Turkey legs don't sound too tasty...:P

Judy: Good luck at the weigh in! And have a wonderful time in Louisville! Think sunny thoughts!

Well, I skipped the gym this morning, but I'll be going to TKO EARLY tomorrow. Gotta practice those kicks...

Have a great day everyone!!!

womaninlove
Old 05-22-2001, 01:23 PM   #5  
"GrannyOnTheMove"

Default Weigh In Day!

Wooohoooo....-1.8....that walking is really paying off now. I know I won't continue to lose at that pace, but hey, I'll take it. It is cool & windy here today so I am trying to psych myself for the walk...Hubby is playing golf this afternoon so I will walk while he is gone. ~Woman In Love~ You will have a great time at the beach, but be careful with the sun. it is more intense on the sand...and you are right..it doesn't seem like exercise...LUCKY ME...I get to do that all winter! I do miss the beach now, but I am also glad to be home for the summer...it is a nice change. I can't do that TKO...tried it once and thought my knees would kill me....but what a great exercise and burner! I am below my WW goal now, but I have not reached my personal goal yet...want to lose at least 10-15 lbs. more, depending what saggy skin I have when I get there... At least I am not paying anymore at WW but I need some cushion because I took the top end of my weight range. Have a great day everyone.
Old 05-22-2001, 08:47 PM   #6  
Mama to 3 Little Monkeys

S/C/G: 232/161.4/125

Height: 5ft 3 1/2inch

Default Judy

I am also down 1.8 this week! Yeah! come on 180's.
Old 05-22-2001, 10:34 PM   #7  
"GrannyOnTheMove"

Good for you Anne....In spite of the SNOW keep up the good work!
Old 05-23-2001, 10:05 AM   #8  

Good Morning!!!

Hey you are all doing sooooo great with your exercising. I on the other hand haven't done my tapes in days. At least I am still getting in my regular walking & have managed to get in my 10,000-12,000 steps a day. I really need to get back into it. I have been so tired with all the running around that the last thing I want to do is exercise. I think I need a "get off your butt & get moving" pep talk. At least I am being really good about my points & hopefully tomorrow will show a loss.

Judy & Anne--- WOOHOOO! 1.8 lbs down is wonderful. You are doing great!!!

womaninlove--- have a safe trip to NC and enjoy the beach

Girlie--- I agree with everyone else. Maybe you need to do some stretching. As far as the walking speed goes when I do my tapes it says on the bar that it's at 4.0-4.5mph. The other steps not counting my tapes are just accumulated throughout the day. You are doing great!!!

Have a great day!!!
See ya!
Old 05-23-2001, 03:35 PM   #9  
Bacon Girlie

Default Luna bar

Mmm I'm having my Luna bar now...
It's Toasted Nuts and Cranberries, 3pts.

I'm OOOkay...today is the only day I haven't exercised, and I'm afraid to tonite because I've heard that exercise can cause retaining of water...and I don't get off of work until 9pm, that means gym by 10pm, then weight in is at 7am!

My eating hasn't been too great, but yesterday when I went on my morning walk, I stretched and my leg didn't hurt as much and it went away quickly. It's just that I'm not sure HOW to stretch that area. It's on my right calf, on the right side, a strip from my ankle to mid-calf. It's a hard place to try to stretch, but I just take a step, and when I feel it hurt, I pause and prolong the stretch.

I guess I'm expecting a gain tomorrow...but I won't let that get me down.

And womaninlove, thanks for the carrots idea..that's something that they ate back then, i'll just bring the whole carrots, the kind with the whole bunch of green stalks on it! That would be neat! And it sounds like you've got a totally romantic outing! You've been doing so well! Mine is going very slowly...but it's going. You'll look great in that suit

All of you are doing SO well, Anne, Debbie and Judy you ladies are AWESOME!!! Congrats on the losses!

Talk to you all soon!

Girlie
Old 05-24-2001, 08:26 AM   #10  

Good Morning

Girlie don't worry too much about weigh in. You may be losing inches from the exercise too so don't stress too much over it...Have fun at the reenactment. Good luck at your weigh in this morning...

Last night I finally got off my butt and did my 3 mile tape with 2 lb weights. Weighed in this morning & lost 1 lb..Woohoo! I am so happy with that. I am going to try to get back into the swing of doing my tapes everyday. I felt so good yesterday after I did my tape.

Sorry this is a quickie but I am getting kicked off the PC. I'll check in later....

See ya!
Old 05-24-2001, 03:34 PM   #11  
On my way!!

Default Judy, Anne, Deb! The pounds keep falling off !!!

Hi everybody!

The pounds are really falling off of you girls! Way to go!

I have not lost anything for a while now. I haven't been watching points very well and I missed TKO yesterday because I woke up feeling yucky. My earache is still here and was very painful yesterday morning. I am due to see the doctor before we leave for the beach tomorrow. I'm waiting for my man to get home from work so we can hit the gym together tonight. I really have very little motivation to go tonight...I feel crappy and it's raining, it's TOM....oh well...

Glad to hear everyone else is doing so great!!

Girlie: About stretching out that calf...Try this:

-Stand facing a wall
-Put your arms out in front of you onto the wall at shoulder height
-Drop your right leg back like you are going to do a shallow lunge
-Stretch the calf out slowly.
-Switch legs

That works for me every time! Good luck!

I'm gonna go relax before I go to sweat...Bye!
womaninlove
Old 05-24-2001, 08:40 PM   #12  
"GrannyOnTheMove"

Hi all....Only got 3.5 miles yesterday...and the rain came. I was walking and there was one big clap of thunder and I took off like a race horse to get back home before the rain Good thing I can run a little It has rained off and on all day today again but I was able to walk 6.5 today. This weather is something else! I am not used to seeing rain since we live in the desert in Florida in winter We will be going to Louisville on Saturday...hope it don't rain! ~WomanInLove~ Hope you and your honey have a great time at the beach! A practice honeymoon? You will get lots of exercise and not even realize it. ~Deb~ Sounds like you are doing great...~Girlie~ Hope you had a sucessful weigh in this week...Enjoy the reenactment! It's thundering again, glad I am inside...I just hate storms! Later all
Old 05-24-2001, 08:49 PM   #13  
Bacon Girlie

Default Aacckk!! I gained!

Ha ha..I'm not too worried about it. I just gained a pound, and I can drop it by next week. It was weird..most people gained at my meeting this morning! We had a really uplifting talk today though.

I'm getting really excited about my reenactment this weekend. I went online and found out about what types of vendors will be there...I see turkey legs and corn on the cob..we're even bringing a sack of sweet potatoes and some other stuff for us so we don't have to spend the money or the extra calories and stuff while we're there. I'm sure I'll be fine!

Judy, you're in Indiana aren't you? That's where I'll be, in Vincennes for the Revolutionary War Rendezvous. I have no idea where that is, I just know it's gonna be RAINY!!!!

Womaninlove Isn't it much closer to the "date"? Have you guys started planning or is it too early?? Sounds like things are going really well for you!

Debbie Hooray for your 1lb! I know you've been on a crazy plateau...you must feel ultra good!!!

Talk to you all later!!!!

Girlie
Old 05-24-2001, 09:15 PM   #14  
Mama to 3 Little Monkeys

S/C/G: 232/161.4/125

Height: 5ft 3 1/2inch

Default I'm going Bye Bye!

Girlie, sorry about the gain. Those are always a real bummer. The farther away from weigh in day you get the better you will feel.

We are leaving in the morning to go camping. I hope to get in lots of exercise points by hiking. I made lots of Ww friendly food. So I think I will be okay.

Have a great weekend and I will see less of each of you on Sunday.
Old 05-25-2001, 12:24 PM   #15  
Bacon Girlie

Default Better

I feel much better about the gain...as a matter of fact, I weighed myself at home this morning and yesteday morning, and I've lost it...must have just been water retention. Oh well.

I hope everyone has a great Memorial Day weekend!

Talk to you soon!!

Girlie
Closed Thread