Closed Thread

Old 03-04-2005, 01:05 PM   #1  
Greenlass

Default Help with CORE

Hi, chicks! I just started Core yesterday and have a few questions, but will not be back to a meeting until next week. If anyone knows these answers, I would be very grateful for some help. First, my book says that broth based soups are Core, but I am wondering if this just includes vegetable soup or is chicken noodle in there also? Would you count points for the noodles? Secondly, if you eat FF SF yogurt, in a flavor, instead of just plain, how would you count those points?

Thanks,

Jill
Old 03-04-2005, 01:16 PM   #2  
Southside White Sox Fan

Hey, Jill, and Welcome! Noodles are not Core, so I usually avoid those everywehere, including soups. If noodles are the only non-Core ingredient, technically you could just count points for the non-Core ingredient. WW's rule for more than one non-Core ingredient in a food or recipe is to count the whole item as points.

As for the yogurt, I would count the whole thing as points. I guess if you want to split hairs you could figure the points for plain and then the points for the flavor and only charge yourself the difference. If I were you, I wouldn't start tweaking Core this early in the game!

If you think you might be hanging around, consider filling out your profile, and definitely come visit with us on the Core support board. We are a wonderful bunch of Woman. No nastiness or sniping here! Good Luck.
Old 03-04-2005, 01:22 PM   #3  

Height: 5'7"

Welcome, Jill!!! Listen to Vickie -- she's a pro at this Core stuff!!

I am a huge fan of the soup (can't get anymore convenient in my opinion) but I usually eat tomato soup. However, there are a whole lot of meat and potato soups that are Core. Look on page 7 of the first support board ... or click this link for a list:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/show...t=45496&page=7
Old 03-04-2005, 01:24 PM   #4  

Height: 5'7"

Oops, I forgot to add that there have been some corrections to the soup list. I'll have to find them and will probably repost the list with the corrections made. It'll be later on today or tomorrow though.

If anyone has the corrections handy without going to search for them, maybe you could list them here?
Old 03-04-2005, 08:50 PM   #5  
Greenlass

Thanks, I guess I shouldn't mess with it this early in the plan.

Jill
Old 03-04-2005, 09:13 PM   #6  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

HI Jill and welcome....

In fact there are lots of store brand soups which are core - so you can have other soups besides the chicken noodle (unless of course you have you heart set on that!).

As for the yogurts - I only eat sf/ff yogourts as I find them more convenient and yummy. I do not eat a lot of dairy so this helps get some in me - I believe a lot of individuals sub the ff plain yogurt for ff/sf flavored ones - the trick is you need to know if this is a "trigger" food for you as I think it is not allowed cuz people may tend to binge on this.

This won't happen here as I can't imagiine binging on yogurt - but it's a personal decision.

Good luck and please come join us on the support board!

Frouf
Closed Thread