South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 03-01-2005, 02:37 PM   #1  
Bunnababy

S/C/G: 294/261/150

Default Venting

My kids are driving me crazy, I swear if they don't get out of my house I will go completely insane. The problem is my therapist agrees I am on the brink of an emotional problem here. I don't understand how anyone can be as filthy as they are. I was down with the flu and my dh worked all weekend then I worked all day yesterday so this a.m. we spent two hours just clearing countertops and general cleaning so we can have a couple of peaceful hours before going into work. I hate feeling this way but I just want them out. I am going to give them a deadline of next week to begin moving their stuff out of here into their new mobile. It is here, it is setup, just waiting for power, but no reason whatsoever that they cannot begin moving into it so that when they put the power on they will be gone. Don't get me wrong I love my son, dil, and grandkids, just not living in my house making my life feel out of control. Thanks for listening.

My weight settled in after being down and I lost five pounds last week on Phase I. I am thinking I might do PI for two full weeks from today even though the days I could not eat on plan were totally not my fault. I'll let you know later what I decide on that. Maybe I will see how this week goes first.

Love ya,
Old 03-01-2005, 02:49 PM   #2  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

First of all, huge hugs to you. I cannot imagine having a house full like that. I assume your "kids" are young adults? Time for a meeting of the family firm and some sort of ultimatum. Why wait to next week to get started moving stuff?
Bunna, you are the important one here and dont need the emotional and physical wear and tear! At least, getting them started will make you feel something is being accomplished.
Hang in there.
Whoops! Nearly missed saying on the weightloss despite all the stress!
Old 03-01-2005, 06:38 PM   #3  
Conquering with SBD

Bunna...I can soooooo sympathize with you. We had DS and his girlfriend living with us, as well as the other DS. Our house was always a pig sty and I could not keep up with the mess that they created. I did dishes before I went to bed, got up in the morning and cleaned up their dishes before I went to work and came home from work and cleaned up more of their mess. Laundry was always all over the house, and the state of the bathrooms was deplorable.

Solution: We had a family meeting and I explained to them that M is for mother, not for maid...and I didn't intend to be their maid any longer. I told them that the rule was that they were to pick up their stuff immediately, I would not be responsible for their possessions if they were not put away. I also assigned each of them rooms that they were responsible for cleaning each week and told them that the rooms had to be cleaned by Friday each week. Yes, there was a consequence...if the room wasn't cleaned, the cost would be $125 per week that the cleaning was not done or they were to be out of the house by the end of the day.

Both of my sons know that I have always made them pay the consequence for things not done, so the house was cleaned each week.
Old 03-01-2005, 07:23 PM   #4  

((Bunna)) I hope things settle down for you very soon. Hang in there!
Old 03-02-2005, 12:28 AM   #5  
gotta lose it!

Bunna - Things will get better - I just know it! Hang in there! We are all here for you - you can come here & vent whenever you need it!
Old 03-02-2005, 07:56 AM   #6  

Height: 5'-2"

Bunna, sending you a big hug, sweetie... There's nothing wrong with what you're feeling... it's perfectly normal.
You're right to get them to start moving their stuff. They don't need to wait until the last minute to start getting organized, and they'll feel better for it, themselves!
The girls are right... a sit down meeting with everyone would clear the air without having to get angry and stressed.
I love Peggy's solution of charging them!
Congratulations for losing, despite the stressful situation! You're an amazing woman. We're always here for you, hon.
Old 03-02-2005, 12:11 PM   #7  

Height: 5' 2"

Bunna, Sorry you're going through so much stress. Talk it over and make some house rules for everyone to follow.

Congrats on your weight loss!

((((hugs))))
Closed Thread