Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 02-28-2005, 09:36 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Default MaRcH wAlKeRs~Just Walking Away the Pounds

Hey walkin buddies!

Just starting up our thread for March.

So how did everybody do?

Did you reach your goals for February?

What are your goals for March?

Let's all keep on truckin!

hugs,
cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 09:35 AM   #2  

Already did 3 miles this morning! My goal is still 35. Didn't make it last month. Only got 25 in. Good luck everybody!
Sherrita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 10:46 AM   #3  

hey Sherrita - good for you getting in your 3 miles this morning!
YOU GO GIRL!

I thought I had reached my goal of 30 miles last month, but I just went back and looked and I had actually set a goal of 40 miles for February. oh well - didn't make that - did 30 miles - but hey - I did what I could. Why is life is so dang busy anyway???

Hmmmmmm my goal for this month - I'm tempted to say 30 but I will say 40 and press forward!

I'm planning on walking at noon and will post it when I do it!

hugs,
cathy
Old 03-01-2005, 11:17 AM   #4  

I only got in 22 of the 30 that I wanted for February -- so for March I'm going with 31 -- at least 1 mile for every day! Good luck ladies!
fma4mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 02:35 PM   #5  

Hey Kendrea! I don't know how you get in the walking with a 3 month old baby! wow - it's hard to get around to the walking and exercise with a new baby. I remember those days - well barely - but still. Do you put her in the stroller and go?

I did 2 miles during lunch on the

March Miles = 2
Old 03-01-2005, 02:55 PM   #6  
Amy Needs New Shoes

Wow you're all getting off to a great start! I did more mall walking last night with my boyfriend. I don't know how many miles it would equal to. I'm tempted to say at least 1 mile because its a large mall and we did many laps. We were there for an hour and 1/2 with very few stops. I'm really glad he's been walking with me. Helps keep me motivated and will get us both in shape. Probably not doing any tonight. Thanks for starting the thread Cathy.
shoequeen69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2005, 09:14 AM   #7  

good morning walkin buddies!

I did a 30 minute 2 mile WATP video this morning before work

March Miles = 4

hugs,
cathy
Old 03-02-2005, 09:39 AM   #8  

May I join you? Several days a week, I work from my home office. On those days, I hardly move. I would love to get in the habit of taking breaks and walking around more. My goal for March will be 30 miles.

Last edited by Macon; 03-02-2005 at 09:42 AM.
Macon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2005, 09:45 AM   #9  

Macon, of course you can join us!

I am at my desk at work 5 days a week - which is one of the many reasons why I have to walk! I really don't know why I didn't pursue a job as an aerobics teacher - so that I could have gotten my workout in at work!

glad you have you here!
and nice to meet ya!
Old 03-02-2005, 09:57 AM   #10  

Well I hit the back button and lost everything I typed. Great job ding dong!

I am feeling like poo this morning -- as well as last night. So there has been no walking for me yet. Not a good way to start a new month. But I am going to slap my pedometer on sometime today and get some sort of walking in here at work. I usually have to do it in between my son napping -- he comes with me to work.

Cathy -- Way to go on those 4 miles already! Great job. I am not using the stroller yet as it's too cold outside still but as soon as this weather warms up you better believe I will be out walking, walking, walking!

Amy -- Great job on that mall walking! So good that you have a partner to walk with. I wish my husband would join me. I would be too tempted to shop more than walk at the mall.

Macon -- You should set reminders or get a timer to go off every so often then get up and walk. Every little bit helps.

Well I need to get back to eating breakfast -- blueberry oatmeal and coffee. Yummo. Have a great day ladies! Walk, Walk, Walk!!!!
fma4mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2005, 10:56 AM   #11  

Got another 3 in this morning!

March miles: 6
Old 03-02-2005, 11:10 AM   #12  
Proud Bluezer 2011!!!

S/C/G: 277/170s/155

Height: 5'4"

Hi y'all! Miles for last month were 134.5. I had gone up to 15,000 steps a day from Feb. 18th to 28th. The other days I did at least 10,000. This month, til the 13th, I'm wanting 12,000 steps a day. 15k took too long. I had no time left!

I want in those jeans that are too tight! I want to wear them at Easter! Send me more determination. I want to stick with my food and water goals. I almost never hit my water goals. Just not thirsty enough!

I have to go now, or I'd respond to each of you right now. But I am gonna be late! Hope to get on here later tho! Hugs to each of you. Have a great day and keep your focus. We can do this!

Bye for now!
Soon2BFitChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2005, 01:02 PM   #13  

134 miles??? WOW! How do you do it?
Old 03-02-2005, 02:23 PM   #14  

Sheritta - that's what I said girl! how does any woman get in 134.5 miles in 28 days! unless she is SUPERWOMAN or something! WOW!!!

Selina - did you say "send you more determination"? are you kidding me girl! there is no such thing as more determination than a woman who walked 134.5 miles last month! YOU ROCK!

and you might better share some of that determination with us!

I have forgotten - do you work a job where you are on your feet all day?

Have you figured out how many hours it took you to walk those 134.5 miles? just curious? if you walked a 15 minute mile wouldn't that be like almost 34 hours of walking????

hugs,
cathy
Old 03-02-2005, 04:33 PM   #15  

Thanks for the welcome!

Cathy - I hear you about the aerobics instructor jobs. I do think sitting and driving (I do not live in a walking city) contributes to me problem.

Sherrita - Congrats on the 6 miles already!

Selina - that is fabulous! I have the same question - how are you getting all that in every day (esp. 15,000)? I think I could do that occasionally but EVERY DAY! That is great! Do you live in warm weather location? I hope you get in those jeans soon. Thanks for the inspriation!

Kendrea - I think that is great that you are getting any walking in with a 3 month old. I'm with you about the warmer weather. It does make it easier to get out and walk. Hopefully, spring is coming soon!

Amy - Great job on the mall walking. I wish I had a partner. My DH does a lot for me but I do not hink I can convenice him to go wlak at the mall. It does motivate me to window-shop while I walk though!

I started wearing my pedometer and have 2500 steps/3 miles so far today. I have to go to a meeting tonight so I will not be able to walk the dog but hopefully by the weekend, I will be increasing my steps!

Are you all just measuring when you "exercise" or do you wear a pedometer all day and add it up? I think I may try the latter just to make sure I am moving through out the day.
Macon is offline   Reply With Quote