Closed Thread

Old 02-28-2005, 08:35 PM   #1  

Cool All you BIG LOSERS....

Hey skinny girls and boys I have a question. Im starting weight watchers and I was wondering if their is any advice you could give me on quick easy foods. I have 3 kids and dont have a lot of time for foods that take a lot of time. I also like the conveniece of food. I know their is tons of recipes, but first I want the basics and quick easy foods that you all started out with. I think once I get the hang of things, I will start exploring all the different recipes, Any help would be great.....I dont want to be fat forever
Old 03-01-2005, 12:14 PM   #2  

Hi and welcome!

When I first started out on the WW program, I ate very basically: fruit, milk and cereal for breakfast, a sandwich, veggies and fruit for lunch and potato, protein and veggies for dinner. If I had points left over, I had fruit or frozen yogurt.

None of this is very time consuming and can easily be served to other members of the family. Good luck on your weight-loss journey.

Seasaw
Old 04-09-2005, 06:34 AM   #3  

Red face

Hello!!

As far as "quick" foods go, it depends on which plan you're on. If you're on the core plan, I would definitely reccommend low fat microwave popcorn, fruit, or sf/ff pudding made with skim milk. That's the best way for me to get my Chocolate Fix!! These are all considered core foods, but they are certainly worth counting the points too on the flex plan!

Good luck - if you come up with any neat "tricks" be sure to let us know!
Old 05-15-2005, 02:09 PM   #4  
MRSKMS

S/C/G: 205

Height: 5'4"

I stick to basic food so I don't have to spend alot of time in the kitchen.
I always have frozen boneless chicken breasts handy and love the new Green Giant veggies in cheese sauce. They only have 1 pt per cup and they are so handy to just pour into a bowl and nuke them for 4 minutes. I keep frozen low cal & low fat dinners for me on a nite that I cook something for my family that is just too high in pts to work into my plan. There is not much that you can't eat - all in moderation
Old 05-22-2005, 08:07 AM   #5  

I buy really lean burger and cook up a double batch of taco meat. This can be used for tacos (stick it in an Aunt Millies low carb wrap), taco salad (tons of veggies and a little fat free cheese) or nachos (Buy Tostitos baked or light chips or make your own by cutting 2 for 1 pt tortillas into wedges, spray with Pam and bake until crisp. Load them with veggies and fat free cheese) Also by adding fat free beans to the meal, they are very satifying.

We also do pita pizzas. Find a low fat pita, put pizza sauce on it, fat free mozzarella (or veggie shreads, which actually melts better), then top with lots of veggies, turkey pepperoni, or lean ham. Bake in the oven until the cheese melts. My children love them!

We also eat a lot of skinless chicken breast. Just baked or grilled or stir fried with veggies. Shrimp is good stirfried also. You can just spray your pan with Pam and throw your chicken or shrimp in with mixed frozen veggies (I get mine from Sam's club and can get three meals from a bag).
Closed Thread