Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Closed Thread

Old 05-19-2001, 10:48 AM   #1  

Unhappy

I have been battling eating disorders eversince I was a child. Through my growing to adult hood the mental and physical abuse did not help, and only made problems worse. I have been on my deathbed, worse thing at the time I guess is that none of my family even knew.

One year ago I hurt my knees and now I can no longer exorcise the way that I used to. How ever I have been on a diet for two months to loose the weight that I have gained from not running. I am finding it harder and harder every day though. Either I want to eat everything in sight or nothing at all, and my calorie count is under 500 every day. I am trying hard, but I have no friends to keep me incouraged to be strong and to stay on the diet. If you have any advice or would want to talk, I would love to hear from anyone.

angel79
Old 05-21-2001, 02:31 PM   #2  

Default Have Faith that we can get to our goals in a healthy way

HI
I am overwieght and have been most of my years I am 36 mother of two boys 4 and 12 years old I am losing wieght but have along way to go. There are times when I could eat averthing I see and days that I know I am not hunry but still eat anyway. I don't want to eat more than 1200 cals aday or under 1200 a day I wasnt to be healthy for myself and my family. It is so hard. I wish you luck.
Hope
Old 05-25-2001, 01:36 PM   #3  
Kathy

Default I'm Trying

Hi Hope_on_my_way and Angel79,

It looks like we are in the same boat. I am feeling a bit on the depressed side. I haven't been able to get myself going at all. I think we should all start a pitty party and see if we can lift ourselves out of this. I hope that you all will respond to this even though I see it was 5/21 that you posted your feelings.

I got so desparate that I went on line to www.usaprescriptions.com and ordered PHENTERMINE. It is a appetite suppressant. I have to start somewhere. I haven' been able to do it on my own. I am suppose to get it on 5/29. So I will keep you posted on how it goes. Please feel free to email me at
[email protected] if you want to continue chatting about this. I think the key is to find something to get us in gear and talking about it does help. Let's continue to vent to each other and see what happens.

KJ
Old 05-25-2001, 09:49 PM   #4  

I just found this site yesterday, and posted on a different thread, but Angel, Hope and Kathy, all of what you wrote I feel, or have felt.
I am currently taking Prozac, and it seems to keep me on a more or less even keel, but still I am battling bulimia.
It seems to me that if I eat, then the more I want to eat. There are some days when I could eat anything, some days are easier. If I have a few good days, I am always just waiting for a bad one to come along when I EAT.
If we share what we are feeling, we can try and keep each other up.
thanks for your honesty
FB
Old 05-26-2001, 01:36 PM   #5  

Default Thank you

I thankyou every one who applied it gave me a little hope to know that I am not the only one out there, and hopefully we all will be able to conquer our mountains, and fears.
Old 05-30-2001, 10:44 AM   #6  
Kathy

Well, I got my Adipex in and I started taking it this morning. I feel great and I am not hungry. Usually by now I would have downed something fattenting for breakfast. I am on my 5th glass of water. So how are you guys doing today? Let me know.
Old 05-30-2001, 12:32 PM   #7  

Default not good

I ate last night, the first time in two days. I dont know why but I dont want to take in any calories because I have bad knees and cant work it off. I think it will just turn straight into fat. but I took a really big step for starters I ate a good dinner and I bought a bike. I am so excited. I think I will be able to eat more with out fretting as much about it cause now I can lose the calories. getting ready to have lunch. tried to ride my bike today but it was raining I will try again this after noon, and congrats on getting the pills in hope it helps, and keep on drinking the water.
Old 05-30-2001, 12:40 PM   #8  
Kathy

Angel79,

You won't turn to fat riding a bike. That's for sure. That is a great exercise, plus there is no knee pressure. I am going walking at lunchtime, in a few minutes. I am trying for 1 to 2 miles. It is sunny here today. We have had so much rain lately.

I bit off my pear an hour ago and did not feel like eating anymore.

Well I am up to 6 glasses of water, so I know I am cleansing my body.

Well let me know what you ate, okay.

Feelingblue,

How are you doing today. Are you eating healthy today?
Old 05-31-2001, 06:06 AM   #9  

Default Feelingbetter!

thanks for asking - I have been eating healthy ever since I first posted - I have mainly fruit for breakfast, and then try and have my main meal at lunchtime - that way I can get through the afternoon without binging/purging. Now that I have been doing it for nearly 2 WEEKS (apart from my birthday weekend, when one piece of cake set me off), I feel great. Why is it that when I am in control of my food everything else seems better? What is this thing about control anyway?

Angel79
you should be eating something - you will fall off your bike!! Good luck anyway - I know what bad knees are - I used to run, but now have to just walk fast.

Good luck everyone - I know that I have to do this for myself, but with you all I don't have to be on my own

speak to you soon
Feelingblue/better!
Closed Thread