Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 02-28-2005, 08:39 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Wink Monday Chat - February 28th

Good Morning,

And good bye February, gee time flys eh ~

Sooooo whats happening chickies, we are expecting up to 12" of snow today so I'll be leaving right after lunch to go home today. Hurry up summer.

How's everyone today ?
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2005, 09:12 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

good morning gang!

and Leenie

12 inches of snow! WOW! I cannot even imagine. It is a beautiful and crisp day here today and boy do we need it - it has rained for about 2 weeks.

Busy Monday.

later gaters

hugs,
cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2005, 09:37 AM   #3  

Oy vey! Twelve inches of snow! We got a few inches yesterday and it's flurrying now. I remember the morning we woke up to 28 inches of snow a few years ago! It was unbelieveable. Our neighbor got out his HUGE snowblower that attached to his huge tractor and plowed out a path in our driveway.

It's been a busy time here with church business. We had to prepare for a special voters meeting because cabin fever hit our church and some people got their britches in a twist over a trivial matter. Patience is not my biggest selling point, so R had to practically sit on me! Well, it's over. Now, hopefully, spring will come to our town and everyone can get outside.

Been keeping busy with crocheting a doily for the annual church auction and I'm thinking of making a throw using squares of old blue jeans with a random scattering of harmonizing calico and a ruffle edge. Since denim is so heavy, I was thinking of a flanel back to it.

Also, I'm slowly scraping 50++ years of old paint off of woodwork. It's tedious to say the least.
Tippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2005, 09:50 AM   #4  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Hey Tippy, good to see you. I think its great that your church gets a little tornado to go thru it every now and then I haven't been to church in a loooong time. I dunno, I just dunno. Your throw sounds nice and snuggly, flannel is one of my favorites. Ick on the paint scraping. I hope your taking pictures of b/4 and after so you can show all your hard work. People won't believe you, trust me. When I say I built a home from the foundation on up, folks don't realize the work we did until they see the pictures, then their jaws drop LOL. I have a bad back to prove it all LOL.

Cathy, don't work to hard.
Old 02-28-2005, 10:07 AM   #5  
CIN

Gooooooooooooood Morning!
I am determined to make it a good day despite circumstances!
This is a "drive-thru" helo.
I have 3 meetings today and 3 tomorrow.
I am thankful for work and income and will not grumble!
Bye
Cin~
CIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2005, 10:11 AM   #6  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

hi ladies this is quick b/c i need to get ahead in case the building is closed or closed for me due to snow tommorrow
Hey Cathy you calorie burning broad!
tippy good to see you my MIL's church is trying to find a new minister it seems that any church changes are a looong process
the throw sounds adorable I want to learn to crochet
Hi Cin
Leenie is your shovel ready? I'll be hiding under the bed!
I made Core Cornbread last night but put frozen berries sprinkled with splenda in it to kindof make a breakfast pie I'll post the recipe when I get home it was TOO GOOD!
bbl!
Kier
KO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2005, 10:53 AM   #7  
prepare for the BEST time

They are predicting 10-13 inches of snow in my area, YUCK!!!! I am sick to death of it. Last big storm I lost my cellphone in a drift next to my car....it survived the night and I dug it out when I kept hearing it ring.....now it has a big crack in it. I've heard that it is snowing around Ocean City at 8AM

I've been at work since 630AM, but i have tomorrow shceduled off, supposed to have a doctors appt for both me and the cat (different docs... ) but this may change too.... I've still got this rotten resp. inf. and a killer sinus headache

I may be stuck at home tomorrow, but then it would give me a chance to play with all the yarn, patterns and knitting needles I bought last month....and do some cleaning. I just gave up this past weekend and layed around like a wet rag.

I haven't been to church in a long time either, although I pray for sanity constantly!
marbleflys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2005, 10:55 AM   #8  

Default Can you believe it's almost March?

We got about 9 inches of snow today and I had to go into work anyway! I haven't eaten anything yet (unless about 4 cups of coffee count).. on the bright side, though, I guess that means I haven't *over*eaten yet.

I'm moving back to California next week and I feel like I have so much stuff to do! I've mailed all of my books and dvds and stuff to my new house, but I still have mountains of clothes to sift through. I'm soooo excited, though.

Hope everyone's keeping warm and dry!
shellsbells is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2005, 12:19 PM   #9  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Cin have a good day at work, hang in there.

KO, shovel bawaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!! no way Jose' this homey doesn't shovel much, the last time I did that w/my bad back I was out for a week. DH has a snow blower The only thing I will shovel is my Mom's walk way which isn't much, just enuf to get her out if needed. Your corn bread sounds wonderful.

Marble I hear ya on the headache's and sinus problems. I'd say for the past 2 weeks I've had a headache every day from my sinuses. Good luck at the doctors. Which part of NJ are you in?

Shells, where are you from ? Lucky you, sunny CA. Have you ever been there b/4 and where are you going, north or south.

No snow yet here, but I can feel it in my bones that its coming.

Whats everyone cooking tonight ?
Old 02-28-2005, 12:44 PM   #10  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Crustless Pizza
94% FF hamburger onions peppers LF mozz cheese and Tomato sauce and ofcourse GARLIC! Hoping to get out of here soooooon!
KO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2005, 12:44 PM   #11  
Starting over Spring 2011

Height: 5'10"

Hi, everyone,

I am really sick today---started yesterday. I took my daughter to the doc Friday. She was VERY sick, with influenza. They tested her for it. The doc looked at me and said "you are at high risk for getting it, too". So I did. Sorry I can't write much. Back to the couch. I'll write more later. Hope everyone has a good day.
tkdkathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2005, 01:20 PM   #12  
Divine Gal

Default Good Afternoon Ladies

Well I am feeling alot better but I am going to wait to exercise till tomorrow to make sure I am 100% ok.I lost one of the pounds i gained back in muscle.So I was really happy about that.TOM is on its way too!! YUCKY POO!I am going to apply for a job tomorrow because they are opening a SuperCenter Walmart here.We need the extra income.

Its starting to snow here.Oh how wonderful We are supposed to get 6 inches today and maybe more tomorrow.I WANT SPRING!!

To all who are not feeling well.I hope you get better soon because I know how you feel.

*hugs*
lynnie
lynnie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2005, 01:25 PM   #13  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Kathy, feel better !! I had the nasty flu and my DD as well a few weeks ago. It lingers and wipes you out for a long time, so we found out. Just know that when you think its gone, it makes another round so don't be surprised. Just rest as much as possible.

Lynnie, good luck tomorrow at Walmart !!!
Old 02-28-2005, 01:51 PM   #14  
prepare for the BEST time

Leenie:
Go Rutgers! RU-RAH-RAH, RU RAH-RAH, OORAH, OORAH, Rutgers RAH!!! (if you stick a "P" in there it sounds like we are rooting for Oprah).

it's snowing heavily down here, but much worse by south Jersey. I wish it would just get over already and be spring! I'm soooo tired of vaccuming up the salt dissolver the dog brings in......I hate being cold.....(anyone going to offer me some cheese to go with my whine?)
marbleflys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2005, 01:58 PM   #15  
krazy binging insomiac

Default introduction

Hi everyone,

I'm going to take this opportunity to introduce myself. I just found this website a few days ago when I started up on South Beach. I'm still in my first week so I have no idea how much weight I've lost yet. I will see Tomorrow.

Anyway, i'm a long time sufferer of depression, probably since I was about 13 but I only came to the realization that it wasn't typical teenage depression when i was about 24 (3 years ago). Since I discovered that, i noticed that when my depression was at its peak i'd gain weight. it happened when I moved to ottawa and again when i moved to vancouver and my boyfriend cheated on me. i've struggled over these 3 years to not only find medication that works but that also doesn't make me gain weight (few and far between). i finally found one and am getting myself on track.

I still suffer from depression, although not as badly as before. In the past there were many times i was suicidal but now i don't have so many thoughts of doing that. it's really hard to not be able to have the comfort foods i want though while on this diet. i've been fat all my life and i'm hoping that losing it will help somewhat with the depression, although i know that's not the only thing that's causing my depression.

anyway i just thought i'd introduce myself.
nefarious_wytch is offline   Reply With Quote