Closed Thread

Old 02-23-2005, 10:31 AM   #1  
Eve's Mom

Default Wednesday & Thursday, Feb 23/24

Howdy. Just starting the latest thread.

Lori - he girl - .6 is really good for no counting. Youre body must be really enjoying the break. So are you going to the concert??
Old 02-23-2005, 10:36 AM   #2  
Eve's Mom

Lori, house hunting is fun, but really hard, eh? once you get a feel for what you want, you will find it more difficult b/c then you have to make the really hard decisions.

I love my house, but we'll need to finish the basement when the next baby comes. Otherwise, we'll have no guest room or computer room. But we couldn't afford a bigger house and didn't want to get an older house that we could afford with four bedrooms. So, we settled for a new house at 1800 sq feet. But we really LOVE the layout and our master bedroom is HUGE (big enough for 2-3 regular rooms!) and it has 2.5 baths, roughed in plumbing in the basement and a decent yard, front attached garage. Cuz it's new everything is up to date and modern and in good neutral colours.

Anyway, I envy you cuz it's such an exciting time for you!! Make sure you enjoy the process as much as you can and don't compromise the things you REALLY WANT.
Old 02-23-2005, 11:50 AM   #3  
Running Babe

Hi All,

I am at home in bed with my laptop right now. I am sick today and resting. Anyway things are okay, my weight seems to be shifting in the right direction so I am happy...

Belle: I was lucky, we got an 18 year old house that was very tastefully decorated... It's bigger than what we need right now, but I love it.

Cheers!

Ali
Old 02-23-2005, 12:46 PM   #4  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Hi Ladies
I'm having house envy! thats one thing we're goign to start saving for I'm tired of being in an apt
Thenagain I'm slightly grumpy from getting up at 5:30 am so I can shower and be out the door by 7 and not compete with DH for bathroom time
Tonight we're having a cleaning fest weeeee zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
I have to run!
Kier
Old 02-23-2005, 01:42 PM   #5  
Canadian Chick

Hey Gals, Its been a busy week. Except for today. I am still in my pjs! I have no clients scheduled today so I don't have to go into work. Not very good for the bank account but oh well.

Feeling a bit stressed/depressed. I haven't been feeling great lately. I went & checked my blood pressure and it is high. I've been checking it every day since and writing it down. If it stays consistent, which it is so far, I guess I'll have to go to the dr. who will tell me to lose weight, eat healthy & exercise. Yes I know! I am working on it. I feel deflated though. Also mad at myself because I've been overweight for ages and I only try to lose weight occasionally but never enough to be really successful. What did I think was going to happen? Argh.

Ali, hope you're feeling better.

Belle I'm having house envy as well. So tired of renting!

Kier, have fun cleaning! We did that on Friday. I have a ton of laundry to do today as usual though.

Have a great day everyone!
Old 02-23-2005, 02:37 PM   #6  
Eve's Mom

Rina - sometimes high blood pressure is not related to weight. I know some thin folk who have very high bp and need meds. You might want to go to the doc just in case you need meds, even if he's going to preach to you about all the things you already know. You sound like you're in a bit of a rut, but look at it this way. Spring is less than a month away. Spring is always new starts! Re-birth, all that jazz. Here's a thought: Think of Spring 2005 as your time to get into gear. Maybe take the next few weeks to mentally prepare and psych yourself out. Cuz we all know, if you aren't there mentally, the commitment doesn't come. Then you'll be ready to jump in with both feet. I have found that doing the envisioning thing is helpful. If you see yourself going to the gym, eating well, etc, ahead of time it helps. This helps for athletes too. And in the coming weeks you can write out a plan for yourself. I'll be preparing for summer 2005 - post-baby get-in-shape.

Ali- hope you get better soon! Congrats on the weight and running (as usual!). Yeah, you are lucky. The houses we loved in our price range needed about 30K in work, which would have blown the budget...

Kier - don't worry it'll come soon enough. I know how you feel about the shower though. I think having 2 showers is the best thing for us - no more morning fights over who gets in first, etc...!!!

My co-workers decorated my office today! I haven't had this done since jr. high locker decorating. It's kind of neat and fun! Unfortunately, being back in teh office means more work - and I have a bunch more to do...boooh!!!!

Did I tell you guys I won box seats to Duran Duran!? I am so excited....I loved them in elementary school! I am taking my older sister.
Old 02-23-2005, 08:33 PM   #7  
Running Babe

Belle: yupp, our house price was awesome too, it's not huge or anything, but plenty big enough for us two and the cat. I ate more than I usually do today, but no allout binges so that's good... just a few extra calories to help the cold pass. I missed running today

Rina: my bp isn't the greatest either... Belle has an excellent suggestion.. look forward to Spring I am!

Kierie: it's a wonderful investment
Cheers!

Ali
Old 02-24-2005, 12:32 AM   #8  
Canadian Chick

Thanks for the encouragement. You gals are awesome! Today my top number was high but the bottom number was low so I guess that's good. Have any of you ever heard of Ganoderma/Reishi Mushroom? My Uncle sells drinks by them that taste like coffe, hot chocolate, mochas and tea. The Reishi mushroom is supposed to have all kinds of healing properties including lowing blood pressure. He gave me some samples and I drank one last night and felt much better today -coincidence? I don't know but then my bottom number dropped siginifcantly too. I'm drinking some more of it tonight and so we'll see. He said that they are also coming out with a drink containing reishi mushroom and some other stuff that is specifically to aid in weight loss. I'll have to see how I do with these samples of what I've got. The amazing thing is how much it tastes like the drinks it is replacing. He told me that they didn't have caffeine in them but the mocha sample pack says in the ingredients that there are coffee beans in it. Do coffee beans naturally have caffeine or is it added to coffee blends? I should look it up some where I guess. Anyway feeling much more optimistic today. TOM is tomorrow so that will suck but oh well. I am definitely looking forward to spring!
Old 02-24-2005, 10:20 AM   #9  
Eve's Mom

Oooo TOM might explain some of your blues Rina. I get that way pre-men all the time. Now that I am pg, it's unpredictable!!

You guys....I have a predicament. In sept I was in the field and there was a guy that was clearly interested in me, even though he knew I was getting married. He was part of an organization my company deals with. He is a nice fellow, but I def got the vibes...now, he has a g/f of sorts, I am married and pg, and he is in town today and wants to do lunch. Now, I know this can be considered him schmoozing me from a company perspective, but he does make me a bit uncomfy. Of course, this time, my situation has changed, but even after marriage/conception, there were some borderline inappropriate e-mails.

Should I bail (say I have meetings?) or go to and meet him for lunch or coffee?? What would you do?? Am I being paranoid?

OK gotta run. BBL
Old 02-24-2005, 09:15 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 160/143/125

Height: 5'2"

Belle2000,
Thanks for inviting me to the threads. I would bail on that other guy. You have a huge responsiblity now with being pregnant and married. He might make a pass at you or he might not but you still are compromising yourself by putting yourself in the position to do it. I just think if you feel any bit of uncomfortablness it is just not worth it. But if it was a big group of friends and him having lunch maybe that was a different story. I understand that it may be innocent and he may just want someone to talk to but bringing a bigger group of people would be safer. Sometimes you just can't trust some people. Just think on how your husband would feel or think how you would feel if your husband was in the same situation and ate with the girl. Don't compromise yourself. Maybe I am way off..Just an opinion

JKB
Old 02-25-2005, 12:13 AM   #11  
Canadian Chick

Belle, I'd totally bail. You don't need the drama. If you get vibes he's got other motives he probably does. Its not worth the trouble it could bring. Let us know what happened.

BTW my BP today was 151 over 83 which isn't as good as yesterday but barely worse. I was more concerned that my pulse was 97bpm! Normal for that is 75. I did have caffeine today but it was 12 hours before I took my BP. We'll see what Thursday brings.

Welcome JKB!
Old 02-25-2005, 10:32 AM   #12  
Raised by a cup of coffee

S/C/G: 220.4/162

Height: 5'8"

Hi gals! The house search is going OK. Belle, a house like yours would cose anywhere from 300-450k in RI depending on what town it was in here. We are looking around 220-225. The houses are older (30-60 years old) and much smaller (1000-1500 sq. ft) and we would be lucky to get a garage! Plus, it is going to be a 45 minute commute to work where we have to look in order to afford a house like this. Kinda bums me out when I see that houses in TX or somewhere else that I would consider MANSIONS and are new are going for 135k. I guess it is harder to find work there, though. In MA and NH the prices are even worse than here in RI. I really want to get in the market ASAP because I really think it will just keep going up.

We have 4 appointments for houses on Sunday and my Dad is coming down from MA to look at them with us, which is good since he can give us a different point of view. Saturday night I'm going to a Providence Bruins game. We went to one last Sunday and it was pretty good. I miss hockey I haven't been able to play this season either. Stupid men's leagues not allowing women to play... *grumble*

I just hope it doesn't snow again this weekend. We got about 6" last night.

I've been very busy aside from the house hunting. Work and school work (lots, i'm taking two classses) are taking up all my other time. In fact, I have to get back to work now.

Have a great weekend ladies!
Old 02-25-2005, 10:34 AM   #13  
Raised by a cup of coffee

S/C/G: 220.4/162

Height: 5'8"

Oh I forgot to mention too that I was having some health problems so I went to the doc and they ran some tests. They all came back normal, but my doc wants me to take an iron supplement every day. Any one else have to take one? I read on the box it can do a number on your digestive system (to put it nicely)
Old 02-25-2005, 04:30 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 160/143/125

Height: 5'2"

Modkitten,
My doctor put me on an iron supplement as well and I don't have problems. But my doctor told me to take it around 10 hours after you take like other vitamins or pills and take it with water and a pull stomach. I have been fine though, but I don't know if it is really helping what she put me on it for.

JKB
Closed Thread