Old 02-22-2005, 10:22 AM   #1  
2blessed2Bstressed

S/C/G: 201/201/165

Height: 5'11"

Default Weekly CHAT 2/22-2/27

Hey Girlys....How are you all doing?

Monday must have been crazy...been quiet around here. I'm glad Monday is over with.

Everyone have a great day!!!
spillthebeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2005, 11:21 AM   #2  
mellbell491

S/C/G: 138/138/115

Height: 5'2

My monday was ok I got up early went to the gym, finally figured out how to use the elliptical machine..and now i love it! I ate really well I had an english muffin light for breakfast, a yummy mixed green salad with some grilled chicken for lunch and a turkey sandwhich for dinner. I was sooo extremely tired though yesterday i went to bed at like 7:30.....must've been that workout i got lol =)

Good Luck this week girls
mellbell491 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2005, 05:19 PM   #3  
Big-time loser

S/C/G: 306.6/247.2/156-164

Height: 5'8"

Hello all! I had an OP Monday, thank goodness. I don't know WHAT is wrong with me, but I just can't seem to stay OP for more than 3 days. This week, I'm aiming for four! LOL I'm hoping to get to the gym around 4:30-5 and workout until just after 6ish - hopefully I'll get a really nice, long workout in tonight. Also hoping my body will be ready to run again today, I really need to get in those long runs if I'm going to be ready for that 8k on St. Patty's Day!
jenicra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2005, 02:48 AM   #4  
Do or Do Not

S/C/G: 302/267/135

Height: 5'5

Default ......

lol..hello ladies! I guess it would make sense to chat in this weeks thread huh! Anyway. Mondays are boring always....i dunno. they have just never been a good day for me. Anyway. I stopped eating fast food! Im so proud of myself..i decided i was sick of eating out and bought 100 bucks worth of groceries..haha. Thats a lot of food for me and my roommate! So far ive been eating pretty good. Anything is better than fast food though. oH yeah and Ill start keeping in mind what week we are on...so ill be on the same page as everyone else!!! =) Goodmorning everyone Have a nice day!!!!

-Court
CutieCourt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2005, 10:59 AM   #5  
mellbell491

S/C/G: 138/138/115

Height: 5'2

ok i have a question I've been drinking water like crazy these last two days, probably about 2 liters a day-thing is a girl at work told me in her "fitness" magazine she got last month it said something about drinking to much water-she said she'd bring it in today for me! And i was going to increase my water up to 3 liters because with this 2 liter stuff it makes me feel really full im running to the bathroom every 10 minutes but whatever lol..all for a good cause i guess! So now im confused on how much water I should be taking in every day! Ill let u know what that article said when i receive it!!

later ladies
mellbell491 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2005, 11:11 AM   #6  
Movin' and Losin'

Hey, ladies. Welcome Court!

Nothing too exciting happening around here this week. Still going to the gym and loving it. I've been staying OP pretty well -- except for a trip to the state fair on Saturday... but, it could have been worse. Fair food is SO good, yet SO bad!

Mellbell: I've been getting confused on water intake lately, too. I have read in a couple of health/fitness magazines that drinking lots of water is not as important to weight loss as everyone used to think it was. An article I read said to only drink water when you're actually thirsty -- not force down tons if your body doesn't need it. It said the recommended eight glasses/day should suffice for most people, but to increase that some with exercise... I don't know. I'll be interested to hear what the article you read says.

Hope all of you ladies have a fabulous week!

Take care,
Jina
jdoggmartin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2005, 01:31 PM   #7  
2blessed2Bstressed

Jenicra: How did the 5K go? let us know.....ps. I am proud of you! I guess it went well if youa re going to sign up for a Patty Day 8K...Wow, Impressive.

Court: Welcome to the boards...always good to have new girls around to join in the fun.

Mellbell: not sure on this whole water thing myself... I just only drink water...no cokes or anything else, unless its juice..and I rarely drink that because of the sugar. is one of my biggest accomplishments...always order water w/ meals, don't ever get cokes out of the machine at work..used to drink like six cokes a day! Wow! can't believe I used to do that.

guess what today is girls?????

HUMP DAY...woo hoo...hope everyone has a good one!
Old 02-23-2005, 04:10 PM   #8  
Living the Laguna life...

hi guys!
i havent checked in for a while because i start writing journal entries in the other part of the site, and have just gotten wrapped up in that! i am doing ok, still at about the same weight,though i made a huge step last weekend...i put my scale in my boyfriends room where i spend the night every night so i can weigh myself in the morning! i believe i have fixed my last excuse that i used to stop myself from losing weight (i never get a chance to weigh myself) so from now on i guess i will just have to keep losing!!! i hope everyone is having a wonderful hump day!
miss michelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2005, 04:36 PM   #9  
Megan

S/C/G: 200/138/133

Height: 5'5"

hehe..hump day

blah - whats up chica-licas? so, about the water thing. i've heard that if you drink like 3 gallons in a short period of time, you'll die because your brain will drown (no one believes me when i say that, but i really did hear that from some sort of reputable source). Other that that, I havent heard of any negative effects of drinking water. i drink a bunch and it really helps me to not retain water. weird, the more i drink, the less i retain.

i went to my parents house for dinner yest and grabbed some of my old shorts from college. shorts are like my worst enemy... they are the mongoose to my snake, or the snake to my mongoose... either way, its bad (i dont know animals). ANYWAY, they are from my skinny days and they fit, even though my mom just washed and dried them, which is nice - anything that fits right out of the dryer is a real accomplishment in my mind. i figure i should at least bring the shorts when i go to aruba to wear down to the pool or something. i am PSYCHED for this trip and its still 2 1/2 months away.. boohoo.

i have been keeping my same gym schedule but havent really been able to post on the workout thread, i think i'll just post all my days at once at the end of the week. my eating has been okay except for when i had to go to bf's grandmas for dinner last sunday and she made porkchops, sausage, rice, potatoes, bread and carrots and made me eat everything. it was funny. who makes rice AND potatoes???? :LOL: oh and she put about 1/2 a stick of butter in the rice. haha.

i should put this in the entertainment thread, but bf got me the new legend of zelda: minnish cap for v-day (how romantic! ha) for my gameboy advance SP and its awesome!!!!!!!!!! love it love it.
NYCT1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2005, 05:09 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 198/150/140

Hi everyone...mind if I join in on this thread? I've just started posting on the site and figured the more support the better right? This week has been going pretty well... exercise-wise it's been great because the weather has been so nice that I can go for an extra walk in the afternoon plus my morning workout at the gym. Eating wise hasn't been terrible but I found out that I "don't have enough work experience" for the job I was applying for and that crushed me so I came home and even though I told myself I wouldn't do it, I binged on random foods in the kitchen. But I am brushing my hands off now and it'll be better. Tonight I am grilling chicken for dinner with some low fat mashed potatoes and carrots and I am not going to bring anything other than water with me to see "Hitch" tonight.

Oh yeah and about the water, I've heard that you shouldn't worry about getting *too much* unless you are drinking way above the norm, like marathon runners drinking a liter at each stop. I personally don't really drink much but water or crystal light and haven't had a problem. If you really don't like water, don't force it but I don't think it's a bad habit by any means.
lizzbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2005, 05:53 PM   #11  
Big-time loser

S/C/G: 306.6/247.2/156-164

Height: 5'8"

From what I understand about the water thing, it's almost impossible to drink too much water - most of us can't drink water fast enough, long enough to do us any harm. 3 L's surely won't drown your brain, I promise!

Lizz - I thought Hitch was really cute - hope you enjoy your time. Good work on brushing yourself off so quickly.

Spill - I kicked that 5k's @$$, and now it's kicking mine. I ran it in 29:00 and my shins haven't felt right since. I know that it's harder on your body to run on the street/pavement, and I think I'm experiencing the wrath of that truth.

Hi Megan - good so see your sunny, uh, typing around here, especially on this most glorious of hump days. Oh, and AWESOME to those shorts!

Court - good to hear from you now that you've joined us in THIS week!
jenicra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2005, 12:34 AM   #12  
Do or Do Not

S/C/G: 302/267/135

Height: 5'5

Talking =)

Thanks! Im glad to join you ladies..lol..this week, i kept posting in last weeks thread. ((geek)) Shhh. Anyway. I was told that you should drink your body weight in ounces. That its a proven fact or something. I dont really think you can drink TOO much water. My boyfriend drinks tons of water and hes like..if you want to lose weight drink water, because he does it all the time when he wants to drop some weight. So. I dunno. I like water, especially when im super thirsty. Anyway. Ive been addicted to croissant pockets...and i cant stop eating them. I guess its better than eating a burger from mcdonalds though. Anyway. I hope the rest of everyones week is good! Ill talk to you all laters! Peace out

Court
CutieCourt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2005, 12:23 PM   #13  
comeback member

I'm moving into my new house!!!!!!!!!!! It is beautiful!!!!!!! The questions of the day and myself will be back pretty soon! Wish me luck!

Happy Sacha
bella sacha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2005, 12:57 PM   #14  
Jenny

Hey everyone, my day is going good so far. Just trying to remember to make good decisions today! Having no junk food is making me grouchy and emotional, ahhh!
thefictionalme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2005, 02:47 PM   #15  
2blessed2Bstressed

I hear ya on the grouchy...I sometimes am resentful that I have to watch what I eat...much rather eat the good-tasting-bad stuff. I just have to remind myself, how much better I am going to feel in the long run. Me and my mom have this conversation a lot...it's so much easier to eat badly, really have to work to make eating healthfully a part of life. You can do it though...remember that saying..nothing tastes as good as thin feels...I think it's true.