South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 02-19-2005, 01:59 AM   #1  

Default Weekend at the Beach

I guess I'll go ahead and start us up. It's now officially the weekend and I've finished the first couple of hours of work this evening and am waiting to do some testing. My change went well at least but it may be hours before I am done.

I WILL make it to the gym later this morning. I've been wanting to go so badly now that I am feeling better. It's been far too long.
Old 02-19-2005, 03:11 AM   #2  

Howdy everyone!

I hope that you get to the gym Barb!

We went for a huge walk around the city today... it actually went well for me - I purchased a blouse and a skirt for a baptism that we are attending tomorrow and I feel really pretty in it. I even made myself some beads to go with the outfit! It is very rare that I get to buy clothes that fit me well and that I like - usually they are hideous. I also treated myself to some lovely skincare products..ohhh

So an expensive day in all But I rarely do it so I am happy.

Have a great weekend everyone
Old 02-19-2005, 04:18 AM   #3  
i luv my dog!

Hello Everybody,

Its snowing cats and dogs here and the forecast predicts more for the next three days!! DH is shoveling the driveway now and the dog is running amuck. I better run out and get milk, bread, and toilet paper - HAHA - just kidding. I am going to pick up some OP supplies, though.

On TV I usually skip the infomercials, but one channel has a good one that sucked me in. It is advertising four different exercise DVDs and it shows 15 minute samples of each one. The first time I just watched it and the 2nd and 3rd time I participated. Now I've ordered it! It is the New Method 20/20 Perfect Pilates. The stretches felt so good and I really like the drum music that accompanies the demostration. It should be here in about a week.

Have a good, ON-PLAN weekend everyone.
Old 02-19-2005, 08:43 AM   #4  

Height: 5'-2"

Good morning, girls!

Thanks for the hugs yesterday... they got me through the day. I took an anti-anxiety pill, and slept for 4 1/2 hours, which really helped to "pass the time".

A broad, I hope the storm isn't too bad. Enjoy your pilates DVDs when you get them... they sound excellent!

Artemis, what a wonderful thing to do for yourself. I'm not surprised you feel good. We so seldom "treat ourselves" that way. Enjoy... I'll bet you'll look and feel fabulous tomorrow.

Barb, I'm glad you're feeling better... enjoy your workout, hon!

2ndChance, welcome to the Beach! You're a true inspiration. You must be so looking forward to your retirement. I'll bet you have a real appreciation for life now.

Sweet Peggy, I'll be saying prayers for you and your dear Mom. Don't neglect your own health, hon. Be careful not to get run down, and ask for help if you need it.

Bamie, you need to catch up on some sleep, hon. How's the kitchen going?

Kelly, I am SO happy for you, sweetie!! What a wonderful thing you did the other night. You must feel on top of the world!! I can't think of anything better than helping and inspiring others the way you're doing.

Chipper, did you find an outfit to wear today? Enjoy your family outing, girl!!

Laurie, I'll write your paper for you. Do you think I can wing it without reading the articles?
Those balls are great! I have one... gathering dust up in our bedroom.

Amy, how's your back today, hon? Be careful... and keep drinking that green tea!

Ruth, did you get rid of that salt weight? Drink lots of water today! I know what you're thinking... "shut up, Ellis!"

Mama, I hope the Bextra works for you... and the Glucophage, too!!
Congratulations on the raise!! No one deserves that more than you. Give your boss and your BIL a kick in the shins from all of us.

We're doing more painting today! DH is going to put the final coat (white) on the ceiling, and I can start cutting and repainting the walls. I don't know if I told you, but the yellow/orange is BEAUTIFUL!! I wasn't sure if I'd chosen the right colour until I got it on the walls, but I love it!! It's not a bright room, but it's like the sun is shining in there; even with the lights off.
And the red shiny cabinets make me very happy in a child-like way. Whatever works, right?

Sil, how is YOUR kitchen? And all of you other renovating chicks?
I laid awake in bed last night, thinking of the built-in fireplace/bookshelves which is next on my list.
Old 02-19-2005, 09:02 AM   #5  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Eat the toad first! I have a friend who always says this, she means if you have an unpleasant task this day do it first, get it out of the way.
I have a huge toad to tackle this morning so will be back later.
Old 02-19-2005, 10:17 AM   #6  

Good Morning All!

Bad News: I woke up this morning to find the coffe maker completely broken and unfixabel !!!!

Good News: It was NOT due to the fact that mice were living in it!!

I'm off to Target to buy another one ASAP!

Everyone on these boards have been great and truly inspirational!! Have a great OP weekend!!
Old 02-19-2005, 10:25 AM   #7  
beachbum

Hi Gals

Board= Sorry to here that you getting that much snow.
We'll be getting our snow Sunday night into Mon Morn. Yikes they're predicting 2 inches,but we just had over 3 ft and it just melted and now its back again. Can't wait for Spring.I love walking along the beach and until the winters over that will be impossible. Well enjoy your DVD's anyway.

Going to get some exercising indoors with my WATP's 4 mile walking tape for 60 mins and tonight with my bike for 45 mins. as its TOO cold to go outside temps are reading are 15, its been a cold cold winter.

Tomorrow I'll going out with my friends for brunch SB friendly of course.Than going shopping to buy a few things.

Hope you are warm and Snug and have a nice weekend. Hugs BB

Last edited by beach bum; 02-19-2005 at 10:32 AM.
Old 02-19-2005, 01:41 PM   #8  
A Lily from my yard!

Oh my gosh I am froze to the bone! We went to watch a soccer game this morning and it is 46* and it's 12:30 so I can just imagine how cold it was at 100 when it started! BURRRRR! It was a tie 0-0. Good rough game that ref was lettin em get by with alot! I woke up this morning and my dear sweet hubbie had all the trim cut in and the walls repainted. WOOHOO! The windows still need another coat but atleast I can start gettin it cleaned up. The sandin is over! I think we are goin to look at a house today that he has found that he wants to buy to rent out. We'll see!

Barb...I hope you made it to the gym today.

Artimes02....Good for you treatin yourself to some girlie stuff! Enjoy!

Abroad...I will have to watch for that infomercial. Just so i'll know what your doin! lol Exercise is still not really on my list of things to do. I did tell the doc I try to ride my bike some and he didn't seem to mind it to much.

Ellis...I can't wait to see pics of your kitchen! It sounds so cheery! I know just paintin mine and gettin that stinkin floor up has made a big change in my attitude toward it. Does it mean I'll cook more... probably not! teehee (Don't tell DH!) lol

Ruth...See ya when your done eatin the toad! lol I love it!

TLC...We have a second coffee pot so if the one we use all the time goes out I have a backup! When we have company I like to have a pot of reg and unleaded so I bought an extra pot. I want a new one but mine is still goin strong! I want an under the cabinet one. (I think!) lol

Beach Bum...You can send the snow our way! Oh it must be nice to live by the beach for the most part anyway! I have her tapes myself. Enjoy brunch tomorrow with your friends!

To the rest of you chickies (and any roosters poppin in) I hope you all have a great OP day! I'll peck back in a lil later and see what's happenin'!
Old 02-19-2005, 04:10 PM   #9  

Hi, everyone! I'm doing pretty well today. I got to bed by 4:45 and then DH got up with Brian so I actually got almost 5 hours of sleep. And I don't work tonight so I can catch up then. I made it to the Powerflex class. It was a different instructor than usual. He started the class with 5 minutes of jumping rope. I have gotten so out of shape in the couple of weeks I haven't exercised! My body feels like Jello!

Oh, well, I fixed up some Spicy Chicken soup for lunch. It was great and now I have too more lunches in the freezer.
Old 02-19-2005, 07:12 PM   #10  
We are all Beautiful!!!

Evening everyone!

I'm in the midst of white chili and chicken soup makin weekend. We just ate the white chicken chili for dinner and it was delicious! Tomorrow - Daytona 500 Day! is chicken soup day. My DF was going to buy lobster tails and tenderloin but he heard that I was making homemade chicken soup. how in the h**l did I screw that one up. Oh well chicken soup is more OP than lobster and tenderloin. Still shakin my head on that one!

Otherwise pretty quiet around here!
Old 02-19-2005, 07:48 PM   #11  
A Lily from my yard!

Well all painting is done and we went to Lowe's to buy the flooring and this dear couple in there said oh no go to Costco! lol So we went to look it was about half the price so we are now Costco members as well as Sam's. DH is readin the box I don't know if we will start tonight or tomorrow! I'm just happy to have it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think we should wait til I get all the dust cleaned up but that may take 10 years! lol Check y'all chicks later.
Amy...DD and DH are all geared up for the race also. Boy you did mess that one up huh! lol
Old 02-20-2005, 07:32 AM   #12  
One meal at a time!

S/C/G: 198/185/130

Height: 5' 2"

Ok, I'm totally confused. Which list of foods are we suppose to be eating on Phase 1. Do we follow the book or the list on here. The book says you can't have pinto beans, etc. until Phase 2. Can someone tell me what you normally eat in a day, to give me some idea. Oh, and where does the list on here come from (most current) Thanks...
Old 02-20-2005, 08:14 AM   #13  
Come on Spring!

Karen, Dr. Agatston enlarged the list of foods several times after he published the book. The list in the FAQ Section is the most current and is updated with info from The South Beach website so please use it when selecting foods.
Old 02-20-2005, 08:22 AM   #14  
One meal at a time!

S/C/G: 198/185/130

Height: 5' 2"

Thanks Ruth...I printed all the info in the FAQ section I could find. I think I'm trying to make this harder than it is. I hope you all don't mind all the questions..Thanks again.
Old 02-20-2005, 09:02 AM   #15  
Come on Spring!

Gorgeous, sunny, cold mornuing here with a fresh dusting of snow.

I'm off to a slow start this morning after a rough day yesterday but I did manage to eat the toad. I seem to be getting a cold - the first in a year or so - and will be treating it with Vit C, Zinc lozenges, echinacea, ginger tea and doing Dick all - or is it Jane all? I skipped Church this morning and am certainly managing to live with the guilt! A hot bath and another cup of coffee really helps.

Have a slow and relaxing day if you can.
Closed Thread