WW Food and Point Issues ...other than recipes

Closed Thread

Old 02-19-2005, 12:53 AM   #1  

Default free foods

Hello...I tried searching on this and didn't find anything so forgive me if it has been asked already...

I know there are some things that are point-free. But what happens if I eat a certain quantity of these things (over the amount listed as "free"), do I add them up? For example, a piece of sugarless gum is 5 calories, so it's free. But if I chew 10 pieces, do I count it as a point? I chew a lot of gum so this could be important!

Thank you!
Old 03-12-2005, 02:07 PM   #2  
Always FatGirlVSFitGirl

S/C/G: 206/180/155

Height: 5'3 1/2"

Hi,
I just started back with the points, but the way I remember, you are right, you would count a point for your gum. I think a good guesstimate is about 1 pt for 50 calories adding a point for grams of fat and subtracting for grams of fiber. Hope that helps.

I think they make you take a point at times like that so you are still staying aware of what you're eating.
Old 03-13-2005, 08:44 AM   #3  
Cowboy Up Chick

Free veggies are always zero points no matter what the quantity. W/W built into the program 200-250 calories a day for free veggies. Thinks like sugar-free jello or Cool Whip Free for 1 serving is zero points but when you start having 2 servings the calories add up.

Here is a tip my leader gave us..for every 4-5 of these zero point freebies (other than the veggies) to take 1 point.

Personally I don't count gum. Yes you get some of the calories from the flavor but much of the calories in gum is in the gum base which, unless you are swallowing it, you toss.
Old 03-15-2005, 09:40 PM   #4  

Thank you very much! I've been unclear on that for the longest time.
Old 03-22-2005, 11:09 PM   #5  

I just started WW and I love the point thing. It even worked for me this weekend when we had a carnavil here in town I had a leomnade with sugar and that was free
Old 03-23-2005, 09:45 AM   #6  
Cowboy Up Chick

Lemonade sweetened with real sugar unless it was only a tsp of sugar would have points and not be free.
Old 03-24-2005, 01:25 PM   #7  

Wink

It did not have any sugar in it at all it was just lemons and water
Old 03-24-2005, 01:30 PM   #8  
Cowboy Up Chick

Oh ok cuz your post stated "with sugar" LOL!
Closed Thread