South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 02-18-2005, 07:16 AM   #1  
A Lily from my yard!

Talking TGIF! Feb. 18,05

Quick start up. DH does not have to leave til later this morning! I have an eye appt. this morning for this new pair of contacts. They work! I can see! lol I'll be back later. Have a great day all!
Old 02-18-2005, 07:51 AM   #2  

Good Morning All!
I'm glad I'm not the only one who is up early all the time!!
I'm glad it is Friday, I'm off to babysit the day away with a very cute and fun 17 month-old boy. I've been watching him since he was 10 months and we always have a great time....today is play-doh madness at the library! I know he'll try to eat it...I think that is definetely not on Phase 1!! I wind up walking at least a couple of miles with him in the course of the day, which is an added perk

Ruth: Not to scare you or anything, but mice just don't want food in your car, they want warmth too!! I once had several living in my oil filter...they had burrowed themselves a nice little nest! I didn't know this until I got my oil changed and saw the evidence!

Hope everyone has a great Friday and upcoming weekend!

Peace-
Old 02-18-2005, 08:09 AM   #3  
GARDENING ADDICT

Good morning~ I need to get more coffee , I'll be back
Old 02-18-2005, 08:13 AM   #4  

Height: 5'-2"

Nice image, Sil. Where the hoodle dooo is it?
You'd better get some more coffee quickly.

Bamie, that's great news about your contacts!!

tlc, mice in your oil! UGH!!!

I've got the day to myself (God willing), which is good, because I'm verging on a breakdown here.
Hope everyone has a wonderful day...
Old 02-18-2005, 08:17 AM   #5  
Amber

S/C/G: 180/165/130

Good Morning Ladies~

Just a quick drive by. Wanted to say HI before I went off to have my teeth yanked outta my head. EEK!! I will be back on Monday. Have no fear, all OP for me, sf jello, sf pudding...need i go on? HA HA!!

Have a Great OP Weekend!
Old 02-18-2005, 08:20 AM   #6  
GARDENING ADDICT

I feel like this right now and I'm on my second cup of coffee.
Old 02-18-2005, 08:21 AM   #7  
GARDENING ADDICT

Ellis~What's wrong sweetie?? Is there anything I can do to help??

Amber~~Ask for good pain meds!!!! Good luck!

Ruth~~I told you: the mice are enjoying those heated seat

Last edited by 2BFIT1; 02-18-2005 at 08:27 AM.
Old 02-18-2005, 08:40 AM   #8  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Brats! You chicks, not the mice. Now I need to figure out where my "oil filter" thingie is and check it. I've not gone out to see if my first battle of the mice was won by me or not. I need to go to the bank at 10 and will check then. Wish me luck.

Well, I hit the darn Chinese buffet yesterday in town and my weight is UP a whole three pounds! Yes, I know it's water weight as I couldn't have eaten 1050 calories but it still pisses me off! All I had was a single plate and it was mostly veggies - well, sort of mostly. Water and good stuff is the plan for today - I even had a cup of chop-chop salad for breakfast with my Laughing Cow and 2 Ryecrisp!

Need to dash through the shower and dress in something to impress the stupid bank manager with my financial acumen. I'll sit there, listening to her, and plan a Chatelaine makeover. This woman has no bad features but is a really plain and beige person. She's slim and trim too which is even more annoying! I'm a *****.

Geez, sorry this sounds so negative. It's amazing how discouraging three pounds is!
Old 02-18-2005, 08:53 AM   #9  
One meal at a time!

S/C/G: 198/185/130

Height: 5' 2"

Barb...Here are the ingredients for the two Campbell's "Soup at hand" that I have...
New England Clam Chowder...clam broth,potatoes,celery,water,clam meat,vegetable oil(corn cottenseed,canola and or soybean)

Vegetable Medley....chicken stock,carrots,tomato puree (water,tomato paste) water,potatoes,roasted red peppers,green peas,celery

I have also bought the tomato. I don't have any of those now so I don't know the ingredients on that one.

The containers are 10 3/4 oz. and it's the ones that have a lid like a cup and you pop it in the microwave and go.
Old 02-18-2005, 09:05 AM   #10  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyWallaceFan
Barb...Here are the ingredients for the two Campbell's "Soup at hand" that I have...
New England Clam Chowder...clam broth,potatoes,celery,water,clam meat,vegetable oil(corn cottenseed,canola and or soybean)

Vegetable Medley....chicken stock,carrots,tomato puree (water,tomato paste) water,potatoes,roasted red peppers,green peas,celery
Sorry but the highlighted items in your quote above are not allowed. Potatoes are for Phase III and carrots are not allowed until Phase II. The oils are a no-no too. Better hang onto them for the future.
Old 02-18-2005, 09:19 AM   #11  
We are all Beautiful!!!

Morning all!

Where's Raneysmom? Hope everything went well last night!!!! I was thinking of you.

Ruth - Mice - I once had them burrow into the insulation in the back of my stove. They ruined a perfectly good stove!!!!

Bami - Good news on the contacts. I'm in dire need of new ones.

tlcstar - have a great time today. Think of all the calories you will burn.

amblyn - thinkin about ya! Good luck

sil - that is hilarious!!! I feel like that a lot!

Rustyfan- I keep vegetable broth in my fridge at work. Low sodium, low fat, no carbs.

Ellis - Try and have a good day! Postive vibes to you.

I'm fighting this cold/flu crap everyone in my house has. I've cranked more green tea in the past two days. I have a massage before I see the chiropracter today. I'm hoping he gives me the thumbs up to start exercising again. The climb through the ceiling the other day may have caused a new problem. Now my neck doesn't hurt anymore but the middle of my back does. Getting old is fun isn't it? I have been saving my rottissiere chicken carcasses - I have ten of them in deep freeze. I'm going to make a gigantic pot of chicken soup and also some white bean chili. YUM! DS and I actually have a weekend together so we are going shopping after his Sat am hockey.

Have a great day!
Old 02-18-2005, 09:28 AM   #12  

Height: 5'-2"

Thanks, Sil and Amy. I think my meds have stopped working, which will mean either upping the dose or changing them. Again. I'm just so tired of it all...
Old 02-18-2005, 09:29 AM   #13  

Sorry about the soup, Karen, but Ruth has said it perfectly. I'll bet you could make your own really easily. For the clam chowder: I would saute some onions and garlic (because I love them but they are optional) and some celery in a little olive oil, Get a can of clams and I would probably rinse it since I bet it has salt added, add some chicken broth and maybe a finely diced turnip to take the place of the potatoe. If you want to thicken it, in phase 1 I would use arrowroot. In phase 2, you could add a little cornstarch or whole wheat flour. For the other soup, I bet we have some similar ones in our recipe forum. I made the Broccoli Cheese soup for dinner last night. It heats up great for leftovers. I skip the step about pureeing part of it in the food processor so it is really fast. Just skip the whole wheat flour or substitute arrowroot to make it phase 1. It is listed in the recipe forum under phase 2 soups.

Ruth - I'm sure it is the sodium. I almost always gain for a day or two after eating out chinese. I just don't do it often, make good choices when I do, and enjoy it while I am eating it. Be careful with the mice. I've heard of them eating the wiring in the car.

Me - I'm up a half pound today but I know I ate too much WW pita bread yesterday (or was it too much dark chocolate ) Oh, well, I'm not going to worry about one day's variation. I didn't sleep great last night which is a real bummer because I'm working tonight starting at 11PM. I'm hoping we will be done by 6 but in any case, it will be my first night without sleep since I've been sick. Maybe I can get a nap in tomorrow. I'm hoping to get to the gym tomorrow morning now that my cough is a little better. I guess it will depend on how I feel.
Old 02-18-2005, 09:39 AM   #14  
One meal at a time!

Ruth...Thanks, I figured as much as. I guess it was just wishful thinking. I guess I really knew as soon as I saw the ingredients...

Amy...Thanks for the tip on the broth. Sounds good to me..
Old 02-18-2005, 09:44 AM   #15  
One meal at a time!

Barb...Thanks for the tips on the soup. I'm on my way over to the soup recipes now.
Closed Thread