Closed Thread

Old 02-17-2005, 10:42 AM   #1  
One Sick Puppy

Height: 5'6"

Default Thursday, Friday, and Weekend Thread

Good morning, ladies! I'm in a mood today. There's a secretary here at work who has the flu. So, rather than stay home and keep it contained, or even staying in her cubicle and keeping it contained, she's walking around the building, spreading it around. She's so damn stupid. I can't get sick--I've already been sick twice this year and don't have any sick time. Plus, I start nights next Saturday. I hate when people do that, it's so selfish--they're so worried about things that they have to get done that they don't worry about what other people's needs (or health). Grrrrrr...

I went to the Olive Garden last night. I like it enough, but I'm a very picky eater and have a really hard time deciding what to order. So, last night, I just got soup and salad. I actually could have done without the soup because I went to town on that salad and it was SO good.

This weekend is looking pretty busy. Friday night, I'm going to a bar where a bunch of our contractors go for karaoke. I have a stamping/scrapbooking demo in a town that's about 2 1/2 hours away on Saturday. Sunday will be tons of cleaning.

I'm kind of frustrated. I've been controlling what I'm eating, but not counting points and not denying myself things I want (like Olive Garden last night), but I got on the scale and I'm not losing. I was kind of expecting to be losing.

I know I've been saying that I need to get back to meetings, but they changed the meeting time to 6 p.m., which really doesn't work for me. But, once I start nights, I should be able to start going again and then I'll really go on progam. I might try doing the Core Plan since I'm kind of doing that right now.

Also, if you guys haven't been to adagio.com to order teas, you should go. I had their Cocomint Green on my way to work this morning and fell in love. I also had their Fruit Medley herbal last night which was also really great. If you want to order from them, pm me your email and I'll send you a $5 off certificate from them. They have a really great deal on their tea starter set, which is 4 sample teas (you can get flavors, greens, herbals, oolongs) and their Ingenuitea teapot (which is freakin' brilliant). I sound like advertisement for them, but I'm totally impressed and found the link here on 3FC.com.

Anyway, I better quit raving about tea and get some work done. See ya!
Old 02-17-2005, 03:13 PM   #2  
One Sick Puppy

Ummm, where is everyone???
Old 02-17-2005, 03:29 PM   #3  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Hey Jess Sorry! I had a busy Day Scooter repair guy came And I'm getting my ride fixed lol Sounds so dirty! Actually he was oen of my gf's type so I wanted to ask him if he had a gf but lol no guts I'm not POP this week so I'm not sure I'm having a loss but it's a learning curve and I did workout so we'll see
I think sick ppl should stay home b/c nobody benefits from your germs
you did great at the olive garden
I'm breadstick monster when i go there!
bbiab
Kier
Old 02-17-2005, 04:49 PM   #4  
Raised by a cup of coffee

S/C/G: 220.4/162

Height: 5'8"

Hey ladies!

I'm going house shopping this weekend! YAY! We got pre-appoved, but I have to sit down and figure out a budget so we can figure out what we can really afford. But I'm very happy, I've wanted to seriously house shop for a while.

As for WW, I've not been doign that great. I know its because my emotions aren't in check. I think I have to deal with those before dealing with anything else. So I'm just going to try to eat healthier for a while, not really count points, but make sure I'm not eating for emotional reasons. When that happens, my ED comes back into play. It has been lately and that just makes things worse, so I really have to deal with that ASAP.

See you tomorrow!
Old 02-17-2005, 04:55 PM   #5  
One Sick Puppy

Lori--I saw a counselor for binge eating disorder and he suggested the following (it actually helped me, so I thought I'd suggest it). Before you overeat, write down what's going on that's making you want to eat. Sometimes it kept me from eating, sometimes not. Maybe that will help.
Old 02-17-2005, 06:54 PM   #6  
Running Babe

Lori: Hugs, EDs suck... Mine reappears from time to time... It's true though we sometimes have to figure out what is really bothering us.

Jess: eek, I know it really sucks when people decide to share their germs. I am getting sick now and blame tough it out coworkers grrr...

Kierie: Yah for getting that fixed, must be frustrating when it's out of commission.

I am so upset. My best friend growing up is going to be in MTL on SUnday and I am stuck working... She lives in Boston and I haven't seen her since she got married... she now has an almost 2 year old and a new born... I hope I can fidn someone to switch with.

Take care!

Ali
Old 02-18-2005, 12:43 AM   #7  
Canadian Chick

Hey gals,

Sorry not around all day. I was busy cleaning house and doing paprework and then had to go to work. Still have not confirmed with my Dad if they're soming this weekend. He drives truck at night and is an time zone an hour behind us so its hard for us to get connected. I don't work tomorrow though so I'll be able to give him a shout. In my family people don't always tell you their exact plans or confirm plans when they've mentioned months before hand that thye are maybe going to be in town a certain weekend. This time I heard from my adult brother that Dad had said that he & his wife and my little sibs were probably going to come up. My brother probably told my Dad that he had mentioned it to me & knowing them they figured that its good enough. Argh! Very frustrating.

oh yeah btw I had a horrible eating day. I was starving all day. I think someting weird is going on with me. I told you all about the weird BM. Plus I've had three major dizzy spells in the last couple of weeks and this week I've been horribly exhausted even though I've been sleeping no less than normal. I felt really lousy at work today and I realized to myself that I've not been up to snuff for a few weeks now. Very weird. I'm thinking I better get my butt to the dr. I think I am going to check my BP at the drugstore tomorrow to see if there's something weird there. Or maybe my sugar is wonky? There is lots of type 2 diabetes in my family but no one as young as me. It makes me very nervous. I usually always know what's going on with my body but not lately.

Jess, have you heard of the Carnelian Rose Tea Co ( www.carnelianrosetea.com/ ) ? They are from Vancouver, Washington. There is this awesome series of books I read called Sisterchicks (www.sisterchicks.com) . In one of the books a character owns a tea shoppe and gets her tea from Carnelian Rose. In reallife the suthor partnered with the CRTea Co. to make a line of Sisterchick teas and they's got all kinds of yummy flavors like:Coconut Crème; Crazy Like a Daisy; Chocolate Mint; Ladybug (a yummy vanilla-almond one); Hula Hips plus they've got really cute sisterchick themed mugs and and infuser tea pot. I want the pot so bad. The is goos & the books are good too if you're into books about girl friendships & adventures. They are by a christian author so there are some references to God and such but not that much if you're not into that sort of thing. Anyway just thought I'd share. Hope you don't catch that lady's germs. So rude.

Kier, I'm a breadstick fiend when I go there too. Luckily we don't have one here so I only go every 5 or so years.

Lori, Have fun house hunting! Hope that your ED slinks out of the picture. Be strong girlie. We're pulling for you.

Ali, sucky that you don't get to see your bud. One of my good friends works overseas and she was home from the Ukraine at christmas but I didn't get to see her and now she's off to Ireland for 2 years. All I can say is thank goodness for the internet!

So Friday evening I am supposed to meet some girls for a b-day celebration. They want to meet as this fun pub we used to go to. The only thing is we're supposed to eat supper there. I used to always get this really amazing Thai Chicken Salad there but they took it off the menu. The only other good thing there is the Fish & Chips but look out -greasebomb! Not sure what I'm gonna do. I don't mind not drinking but to not eat when they're all eating will be hard. In a way I'd like to not go but why should I miss out on the fun just because I want to eat healthy? Argh.

Talk to you all later!
Old 02-18-2005, 08:00 PM   #8  

Rina,

Understand the going out and eating, I am supposed to be out tonight but holding out because I know that I will eat way too much and blow a good week. I am only in my 3rd week of WW so my thought is to stay away from those situations for a while until I get better committed and educated on good eating. It is just too hard for me in public situations, parties, etc. I weigh on Mondays so weekends are important to me for good eating. 9 lbs so far, many many to go.
Old 02-19-2005, 07:34 AM   #9  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Aflynn I hope you did well last night! Good idea weighing on Mondays then you don't have the Saturday night oops
I have WI this morning I always feel like I'm taking a math test lol Subtraction!
and my exciting Friday was spent planning out meals. . . We are going out tonight THANK GOD!
bbl
Kier
Closed Thread