Closed Thread

Old 02-13-2005, 10:51 AM   #1  

Default new and needing motivation

Hi - i found this site a few days ago by accident and i have really enjoyed reading some of the posts.

I have lost 13.5 lbs since Jan5 on Weight Watchers Core plan. I really think they have finally developed a plan that i believe in and that workds for me. How do you guys feel it compares to others in the past? I swear ive dont almost every plan they have created over the years, way back to fat and fiber days.

My biggest problem is sweets. I was so pleasantly surprised by the SF/FF jello pudding and honestly it has kept me on program for the last month. I just kept thinking "this cant be sugar free!" Now, all of a sudden it tastes gross to me. This happens to me every time i try to eat right. I will really enjoy salads for weeks then all of a sudden they taste like something that's not even edible.

This is all very discouraging to me since it is usually where i bail on the diet and go back to my old eating habits gaining all the weight ive lost plus more.

I have 70ish more pounds to lose - i need help. I'm 37 years old and i am already suffering the effects of too much weight (bad knees, swelling in the ankles, etc...) and im sure it will only get worse if i dont do something now.

Anybody have anything that might help me out here?

thanks
gina
Old 02-13-2005, 10:57 AM   #2  

Height: 5'7"

Hey there, welcome!!

I don't know what to tell you to make you stay with it, except maybe find something else for a dessert and switch it around? Do you like pumpkin pie? There's a good recipe for crustless pumpkin pie that's CORE. Also, fruit with FF cool whip (1 pt for the CW) would be good.

I go back and forth with salads too ... and now I'm in the "home salads are gross" phase. I'll only eat them if they come from somewhere else, and not even bagged salads will do.

Please don't give up, and don't cry, and stick around. You'll get all the advice you need here plus some!
Old 02-13-2005, 11:02 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 176/ticker/120

Height: 5'

Hey Gina--

I get like that sometimes too if I eat the same thing day after day. I think if you vary what you're eating every day, you get more mileage, so to speak, out of some of that stuff.

I used to take salads for lunch every day, but now, it just seems yuck. So I take soup and fruit, or cut up veggies (like bell pepper and cucmbers and the best crunchy stuff from the salad), and dip it in the dressing. Or, I make extra dinner, and take leftovers.

As far as desserts go, I make pudding, jello, and I keep some WW desserts (2 pts ain't bad for a change in sweets!) in the fridge. Then I have options, and switch off.

There's also LOTS of good recipes here, and I know the other ladies have good sites. You can find lots of ideas on how to mix up the desserts, and all that.

I think sticking with this stuff is ALL about being able to have lots of variety. I stalled on the South Beach diet because I was getting so sick of eating the same things day after day. It's why I came to WW...I get so much more variety!
Old 02-13-2005, 11:02 AM   #4  
Southside White Sox Fan

Gina, welcome to our board! Kathy's right. Sometimes you just have to mix things up. That's really the beauty of the Core plan. If you are willing to cook a bit and plan a lot, you can have a real nice variety of foods. There are other sweet things you can make if you are sick of pudding. I understand because I only fill in with the SF/FF pudding when I'm too busy to make a fancier dessert.

Check out our two recipe sections. Not sure why we have two different areas! And also check out www.barbosdietkitchen.com. This is one of my favorite places to go for Core recipes. Go to Recipe Archive and select "search". Then type in Core and you'll get hundreds of Core recipes. I love the caramel apple delight dessert.

Good Luck and come join us on the Core Support Board some time!
Old 02-13-2005, 05:13 PM   #5  

Thanks for the advice. I'll try the different flavors.

I made homemade brownies for my bf (valentine and homecoming) - why do i torture myself?

I just hope i can pass them up or have only 1. Wish me luck
Old 02-13-2005, 05:37 PM   #6  

Height: 5'7"

Yep, you're setting yourself up for a major setback if you don't stop doing that! Bad crybaby!! You sure don't want to gain that weight back!
Old 02-14-2005, 10:51 AM   #7  
Cowboy Up Chick

I want to add it sounds like you are just getting burn out on the foods. That happens to me at times. You need to find a substitute and alternate back and forth between things.

For example the salad alternate it with some soup (the zero point Garden Veggie soup) or some steamed veggies instead or even some pickled beets or cucumbers and onions (take 1/4 cup of vinegar <your fav> and 3/4 cup water and enough veggies <sliced beets w/onions or sliced cucs w/onions) and let marinade until soft. Yum.

The sugar-free fat-free pudding maybe try something else..like maybe a berry custard concoction. Even if you have to use some WPAs to do it.

Last edited by Kelly_S; 02-14-2005 at 01:49 PM.
Old 02-14-2005, 02:49 PM   #8  

This time of year I'm definitely more into veggie soups than salads. Also great are steamed or stirfried veggies, whatever you feel like.

I personally have had better results when I've taken a break from the sweets, even if they're ff/sf. What about something with fruit, just to mix it up a bit? You could have fruit and yogurt and get a dairy in.

If you're a big brownie fan, try the No Pudge ones made with yogurt - the points are quite low and I think they're pretty good.
Closed Thread