Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 02-10-2005, 10:46 AM   #1  
CIN

Default Thursday Chat Feb 10th

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD Morning Gals!

Hope no one else started this.I sure did not see it!

Cin
CIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2005, 11:46 AM   #2  
prepare for the BEST time

Talking

Good Morning Everybody! I was VERY excited when i got dressed this AM.....My bra felt more comfortable in the middle hook than the last hook (does this count as a small success?).....I thought I might be dreaming when my skirt zipped easily too, I had previously struggled with this particular one last month and it spent 3 weeks sitting on a chair in my bedroom. I didn't dare hope it would fit properly, but it DID!

I've been exercising consistently (40-60 mins. per day) for the last 3 weeks but felt like it was futile, now I think I just might be making some progress and don't feel so discouraged.....I just have to stick with it!
marbleflys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2005, 11:47 AM   #3  
Starting over Spring 2011

Height: 5'10"

Good morning. How is everyone today? I didn't have much luck last night with the snacking, darn it. But I will keep trying. I am trying to substitute tea or another warm drink---it is hard to even get it into my consciousness.....snacking at night has become such a habit. I am reading Dr. Phil's book---just to get some motivation and ideas. I like some of his stuff, but some of it doesn't work for me. Has anyone else read it? I would still love to hear what everyone is doing to lose weight (or maintain)---I am currently just trying to eat healthier food, less of it and exercise. Have a good day, everyone! (Leenie, I hope you and your daughter are feeling better .)
tkdkathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2005, 11:48 AM   #4  
Divine Gal

Default Make the snow go away

Good Morning Cin!

As yall can see in my title; its snowing again.I am asking for yall to come and take it away please. Its so cold and I have to keep drinking things that make me warm.I slept alittle better last night considering I took an Ambien. Dh is at school and I am trying to figure out what to make for dinner.

well hope yall have a good day.
*hugs*
lynnie
lynnie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2005, 12:13 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

good morning gang!

I am crazy busy today! haha seems like I would be use to it by now huh!

But hey - the sun is SHINING and it is absolutely beautiful! gosh it's been weeks since I've seen the sun. Worked out really nice too, bec youngest ds is having black and white graduation photos taken this afternoon by a dear friend that takes great pictures as a hobby!

Hey Cin - good morning girlie! how are the meetings going? still real busy with members! sure hope so!

Hey Marbleflys - does it count? DUH that is a HUGE SUCCESS! you go girl! ya know - exercising for 40-60 minutes every day for 3 weeks HAS GOT TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE! WOW! keep up the good work and keep us posted! it is encouraging!

Hey Kathy - yea I read Dr Phil's book. I like him - like his "tell it like it is" approach and being from the south - I love his southern draw - and the book was good - but yea - a lot of it just did not apply to me at all. was wondering, have you thought about getting on the computer at night to keep your hands busy when you feel like snacking? it might work.

Hey Lynnie - what's for supper? did you decide yet? run on down here to Louisiana today and I'll share some of my sunshine with you!

Hey Leenie - how are you and dd feeling today? are you at work? hope all is well.

Where is the rest of our gang! sorry I gotta run! bbl

hugs,
cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2005, 12:46 PM   #6  
Divine Gal

Cathy:
Dh has been doing so well in school and so far on all his tests he has taken he has gotten a 91 or higher.I thought I would treat him.He loves my fried chicken so much I have decided to make that and a baked potato for him.For myself though I will have a piece of chicken but I am thinking of making a sweet potato for myself.Haven't gotten to the veggie part but I am sure I can come up with something.

I forgot to add in my other post; that today my grandafther has been gone for 2 years now.It still bothers me but I know he is not suffering like he was.

TKD: I drink water when I want to snack in the middle of the night.If that doesn't work I make sure I have the points to eat a piece of toast.

Marble: Thats weird how you brought up the bra thing because yesterday when Dh was fastening my bra he said it was easier.That is a great accomplishment.I love it when my clothes start fitting loose.

I also wanted to add if guys could on Feb 21 or around there.Dr.Phil is doing a show and the one of the features on it has to do with a girl I knew who died from alcohol poisoning.If you can watch it I would greatly appreciate it. But to read more on her story you can go to Sam Spady Foundation

Last edited by lynnie24; 02-10-2005 at 01:08 PM.
Old 02-10-2005, 01:14 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

woooooohooooooo Lynnnie!

did you say dh was fastening or UNFASTENING your bra!

you naughty girl! hehehehehehehehe

hugs!
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2005, 02:04 PM   #8  
Oooo Silly Me!

Hello everyone..

Marble – CONGRATS! I think it’s common to not see yourself loosing weight first, but rather feel it first. When I lost my first 30lbs I wonder where the heck did I loose it?! For me, everyone was saying they could see it but I couldn’t However, I took before and after pictures and when I compared them, I could really see it. I don’t remember if I could feel it in my clothes other than I went down a bra size… congrats again!

Kathy – I have often thought about buying Dr. Phils book… just never got around to doing it. I’m called el-cheapo around the house cause I hate to spend money. I can’t even stand shopping. There’s a forum that is specifically for Dr. Phil, you should check it out. I believe you can find it at the main page for the forum.

Cathy – YAY for sun! It’s been really nice here, I just hate it that it’s going to rain again.

Lynnie – Sorry, I had to take a double take on what your post said, *grin* but looks like Cathy got to posting it first. We are all in a strange mood this morning! Congrats tho on being able to tell.

Nothing much today… I don’t feel to stressed today, even tho my midterm is today… ask me again in a few hours I called in sick to work today. I woke up and had no voice. That didn’t make sense huh? I had a voice, but it was barely hanging on. Boy, what I would give to be able to call off my midterm too! I took some Dayquil, dunno why, maybe it will thwart off whatever it is that I might be getting.

I haven’t been putting any miles in, but I have been exercising (DDR mostly) *grin* alrighty I gonna get ready to head out to class… catch everyone later!

Sue…
SueMarie301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2005, 02:46 PM   #9  
prepare for the BEST time

Question

Thanks everyone for the pats on my back (my-ever-shrinking hopefully back)....I first realized I had gained 30# back when my bra was getting *tight* and the "girls" were getting full(I knew I wasn't pregnant!)..... I refused to move up a bra size, I go either a 38C or I have a whole lovely Victorias Secret bunch of barely used 36Cs that cost a small fortune.

Wow Lynnie....you have someone to fasten your bra?????? Maybe if my old Xhusband did that I would have kept him.....

i do not have the urge to doing night snacking if I work-out hard because I am so flipping tired it is too much effort to get up and hunt for something...I removed the 14 lbs. of chocolate I got as Xmas gifts....brought it to work, gave it away to people who need it more than me and my tiny little mother. If it ain't in the house, I can't eat it, right? However I did break down last weekend and buy a 7 ounce bag of salt&vinigar chips....but I rationed them out over 5 days and told myself it was a "vegetable"

Stress will make anybody react and overeat......(you should see how much weight med. students gain and they will inhale anything) SueMarie, are you going for post-grad degree? {{{{Mid-terms, ugh}}} What's DDr?, don't forget you are dealing with your problem student and that can't be easy....

I am going to change my clothes and take 30 mins for the gym. I made myself get up at 440AM today and worked out for 50 mins. with my *boyfriend* Gilad....actually he just kept me company on the ellip. machine and I did a Firm-type of routine, interval training/weight circuit....nothing real heavy or impressive.....I am only up to 8 lb. dumbbells.

another road-block (excuse) that contributed to my gain was that I had an accident last summer......it's true that most accidents happen in the home, it was raining, I came inside with a wet dog, the floor in the kitchen is ceramic tile....I slipped, propelled and wound up with a broken nose, dislocated shoulder and radial fracture to my elbow, the bruising was hideous, surgery corrected my nose and actually made it much nicer looking....but i didn't do much except lay around for 3-4 months.... and it shows.

It seemed like I lost my waistline overnight? Poof it grew like 8-9" within a month! (saying its water-weight only works for a week or so, then I tried to hide it)
marbleflys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2005, 03:49 PM   #10  

Hi everyone.....it's been some days since I have been here.....just dropping in to say hello.

April
april99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2005, 04:46 PM   #11  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Hi LAdies
MARBLE!!! isn't that the best feeling
Lynnie you vixen! was that aftre he took it off you?
Kathy nfor the late night munchies i try to stay out of the kitchen and also I try to keep my hands busy
Cathy send some sun here we're expecting snow
Sue You're a dancing dancin Dancin Machine!
Hey April
KO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2005, 04:48 PM   #12  
Divine Gal

Gutter minds I tell ya!!!
Old 02-10-2005, 05:56 PM   #13  
Walking by faith

Smile Hello Ladies

I've been lurking for a few days-still recovering from the Super Bowl

GO PATRIOTS!!

We watched the game on t.v. like everyone else, but we did go into Jax on Friday night. Saw some neat fireworks and the end of the Willie Nelson concert (we didn't have to pay ). It was an experience, to say the least

Kathy and marbleflys: Welcome to our thread .

Lynnie: You naughty girl . I remember when I lived in Maine-I was truly sick of winter by this time of year. Hope your weather gets better.

SueMarie: Good luck with your tests-I know you'll do fine. I've seen DDR in an arcade-it looks like it would be a pretty good workout. Might as well have fun while you exercise

April: How's WW?

Leenie: I'm sorry you and DD are sick-hope you'll be feeling better soon.

Cathy: Finally some sun . We're supposed to get COLD this weekend :sman: (well, not THAT cold).

CIN: I bought a copy of the Good Housekeeping with one of your members on the cover-she looks great

Kierie: How are you doing? More snow? YUCK

I've been kind of tired lately-I probably need a CPAP myself, but I'm waiting for the ankle to heal COMPLETELY. I'm getting around pretty well with my walker . The next step (no pun ) should be to go back to my crutches and lose the cast for a walking boot. I'm looking forward to it! My right leg looks like a forest-only about 8 months worth of growth!

Hope everyone is having a great day!
Stepping Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2005, 06:08 PM   #14  
Starting over Spring 2011

Height: 5'10"

Hi, everyone,

I just wanted to pop in and say thank you so much for the support and ideas . I hope I can support you all, too. Have a good evening.
tkdkathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2005, 08:56 PM   #15  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Hello Girls,

I tried to post today but the site at work wouldn't let me, it kept coming up w/error messages. OY!

I went into work late today, dd fever last night was 103 and I was 102 (trying to keep up with her NOT). So she woke at 3 pm and had an accident in the bed (she's only 3). Tonight her fever is down to 99.8 and mine is 100.5. My body hurt so bad yesterday I couldn't stand my own skin if you know what I mean. But today other that a stuffy nose and slight fever, we are doing better. Thanks for the get well wishes.

Kathy, I just purchase Dr. Phil's book 2 days ago from amazon. My dear friend LindaT has been bugging me for a loooooooong time to get it and so finally I did. I'll let you know what I think about it. I also purchased to books on obsessive eating, I'll check on the names and let you know, I can't remember right now... oh phooie, DD is crying
BRB
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote