Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Closed Thread

Old 05-16-2001, 08:21 AM   #1  

Smile

I hope everybody is ready today! I know I am! I already did my level two this morning before work! Also keeping track of my weight/measurements over these 10 days to see if there's any significant change (I know there will be!)

Good luck on the Challenge Today! Looking forward to seeing how everyone is doing!
Old 05-16-2001, 08:52 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 245/245/130

Height: 5'2"

Hi All I have been reading your post for about a week and have decided to join you on your challenge....

I have been doing a combination of a few things... basic theory is the Sparks... do 3 (10) minute (or more) workouts a day.... I am doing Power 90 cardio/curcuit in the am... been doing oxy at lunch (before I eat) and then walking the dogs 1 1/2 miles at night... Just started this yesterday this way so we shall see....

Is everyone just doing Oxy once a day? The tapes that I have say do it twice a day.... I am just curious....

Good Luck All....
Old 05-16-2001, 10:42 AM   #3  

Hi Oers!

I did my L4 this morning and I feel great! Day one of ten. I know I can do this.

Angel-Hi I know you from the Power 90 thread! I'm glad you decided to join us. I only do Oxycise once a day but you can do it more if you like. The more you do the quicker the results. I also do the Spark program like you and I use Oxycise as one of my stretch routines. I usually do my O first thing in the morning. I'm glad you joined us!

Way to go Juliette. I'm going to do my O first thing in the morning too. I have to make sure to get through this 10 day challenge. Thanks for the motivation and for starting this thread!

Okay how is everyone else?
Old 05-16-2001, 06:58 PM   #4  

Hi everyone!

Hi, Juliette! Thanks for starting this thread and YES, I AM READY!

Good for you, Angel! Glad you decided to join us! The more the merrier!!! It sounds like you’re a very active lady! I am doing Oxycise! once a day, and twice on the days I can (which lately seems so difficult to do with our family’s schedules right now!). Definitely, the more you do Oxycise! the faster the results! Just do what you can without burning out or turning yourself off of doing it.

Hi, Rose! Glad to see you here too—you’re an inspiration to me too!!! Yes, you can do this! I know you can!!!

Thanks for the inspiration and motivation everyone! Hope we have more join us. Good luck everyone!

Susan R.

P.S. Oh yea, I forgot--I DID LEVEL ONE TONIGHT! LOL!

Last edited by Susan_R._:o]; 05-16-2001 at 07:02 PM.
Old 05-16-2001, 09:25 PM   #5  
Hang In There

Default Day 1 and counting!!!

I did level 2 this morning. I really wanted to try and do O more than once a day, but I got into some posion ivy over the weekend and it's giving me fits. It's all over my legs and arms. The doctor sent out some medicine, so maybe tomorrow will be better.

Juilette, I was going to measure this morning, but I forgot. I guess I'll do it tomorrow.
Old 05-16-2001, 11:23 PM   #6  

Hi!

Good to see you all Oxycising!

I did my level one today and also measured. One of these days I'll get brave enough to try level 2 again, but this will do for now.

I have wanted to do O more than once a day, but never seem to get around to it. I do know that I feel better when I do my oxycise. I'm also eating better now.

I hope to see some pounds and inches go off in the next 10 days, and then to keep going until I get rid of 70 pounds of ugly fat!

Nancy

PS Sorry, to hear about the poison ivy, Barb. You must really itch!! I can remember way back when I was a girl the "cure" was lye soap!!
Old 05-17-2001, 09:03 AM   #7  

Default Day #2

Sounds like everybody is doing a great job!!!! Keep up the good work!

Barb - so sorry to hear about the poison ivy! How painful! But it's great that you are at least able to do L1!

Angel - welcome!!! I normally do my O! only once a day, usually in the mornings. In the evenings I'm either working my part-time job (where I'm on my feet for four hours) or I take my dog for a walk. However, I was reading Jill's Oxycise book and it said that fat is actually Carbon Dioxide - and that that was why the breathing works! So, I plan to up my workouts to at least twice a day and see what difference that makes!

DesertFlower - so great of you to join us over here! I think ALL of us have to lose at least a few inches by doing this! I know that if I do O! at least 6 days straight, I lose an inch or two. After 10 days it should be even more!

Susan and Rose - keep up the great work!

Well, back to work... Hope everybody had a great day 2! Did my level 2 this morning and hope to fit in level 1 before bed!
Old 05-17-2001, 10:28 AM   #8  

Good Morning Everyone!

I did my L4 this morning. Two days in a row. Amazing. I was tempted not to get up but I did and I'm glad that I did!

Susan R-I know what you mean about a busy schedule. Boy do I ever! But I think doing O once a day is really good and gives great results. I've done O twice a day for about a week once and it really does speed up the results but I'm just happy to be able to do it once a day! I'll probably do L2 tomorrow. I figured it out and L4 is about 19 minutes but I think L3 is about 23 minutes so the time factor does play a role for me in the mornings. It's great to see your post!

Juliette-Good job. I'm trying to keep up with you. I figured if I can do it for 10 days then I should be able to keep it up.

Nancy-Good job on the level 1. I love level 2 but it does take a little getting used to. I think L2 is my favorite followed by L4 and then the abs/upper body video. They are all great but those are my favorites.

Barbg-I'm so sorry to hear about your poison ivy. I hope you feel better soon. I'm not sure if I would have done O if I had it but good job on doing it even when you aren't feeling the best. Now I really don't have an excuse to skip O!

Okay I'll check back later to see how everyone is doing today. I'm starting to feel really good and it's only been two days of doing O!
Old 05-17-2001, 12:54 PM   #9  
Hang In There

Default OOOOOoooooo!

Day 2 of level 2 day: Day3 of posion ivy! I hurt so bad last night I didn't even go to church and that's a lot for me to miss church on Wed nights. But I went home, took a hot shower and doctored my splatches, took an antihistimine and went straight to bed. I do feel some better today.

I know that I really do better when I can O twice a day and I really intended to do it on this challenge, maybe tonight I'll feel like it. But maybe not... I also forgot to measure this morning, maybee tomorrow, maybe not...

Hope everyone keeps this up. The momentum of having all of you O'ing with me is GREAT!
Old 05-17-2001, 10:50 PM   #10  

Hi everyone!

Oh my goodness, life is just way tooooooo busy around here!!! I really could have talked myself into going straight to bed tonight (we didn't eat supper until 9 p.m.)., but I knew I had made a commitment to myself and all of you here, so I did Level 1--thank you! I feel so much better just knowing I did it!

Having said that, however, I'm off to bed!

Susan R.
Old 05-18-2001, 01:15 AM   #11  

Hi!

I know this says 5/18, but it's still 5/17 here, and I nearly forgot to post!

I did my level one again. I think I'm going to stick with one for a couple weeks at least, before I go on to two. There was one position in two (putting your leg behind you and grabbing your ankle) that I was unable to do when I tried it. I think I want to be more limber first.

I did measure yesterday, so I'll know where I started. I measure the works--all the way from the neck to the ankles. Maybe it will seem like more that way.

I just found out today that I got the new job that I wanted, and will start Monday, so we went out to celebrate this evening--salad and steak and potato. Hope it didn't ruin my "diet" too much. (Not dieting, but trying to eat wisely.)

I must close now, as it's after 10 pm. Will see you all tomorrow.

Nancy
Old 05-18-2001, 08:25 AM   #12  

Default Everyone's DO!ing Great!

Nancy - Congratulations on the new job! That is so wonderful! I hope you enjoyed that steak- you totally deserved it!

Susan - Wow! Wanting to go to bed and still doing your O! That is true dedication cause I have been in that situation SOOOO! many times and have always made the WRONG decision! Congratulations! I'm glad this challenge is helping!

Barbg - I love it! Maybe tomorrow... maybe not! How cute! "Maybe Tomorrow" is actually my favorite phrase, I have it on my license plate, except it looks like "mab2mro."

Rose - You will definitely be able to do this for 10 days! I'm sure you've done it longer than that at times... Thanks for continuing to post despite your busy schedule. I love reading your posts cause you have something great to say to EVERYBODY in here!

I did my level 2 this morning, and to be honest, I almost didn't! I am on vacation (although staying at home) until Tuesday and when I woke up this morning I almost used the vacation as an excuse to slack, but, I thought about you guys and did it ANYWAY! Of course my dog kept wanting to join me, so I might do it again later to make up for any missed positions.

Well, gotta get ready for the rest of my day! Boyfriend is moving to Georgia on Sunday, so this weekend is going to be crazy! Hopefully the O! will keep me sane!
Old 05-18-2001, 02:19 PM   #13  

Hi Everyone!

Juliette-Thank you! You really make me feel good! It was so funny because it was so hard for me to get up and do my L2 this morning. But I did and it was all because of the challenge. I kept saying "how can I not do it and its only the third day" so I did it. And I'm so glad I did. How many tapes of O do you have? I have all of them except the thigh ones. Level 2 is still my favorite though. Thanks for being so motivating!

Barbg-Way to go on getting you O in! I hope that poison ivy is gone by now. Hey on a brighter note, the extra O will help your body heal faster!

Nancy-Way to go on getting your O in. I know the position that you are talking about. There are some positions on every tape that I don't like as well as others so I just substitute the ones I like from other tapes in their place. I have a hard time in L4 with the dippers. Those are still a killer for me but I just substitute another tricep exercise for those. In the long run it really doesn't matter just as long as you get your O in! Keep up the great job.

Susan R-Boy do I know where you're coming from! I have the same problem but isn't it great when you do the O even when you're pressed for time. I always feel so good afterwards. Way to go on doing O even when you're tired.

Okay that's it for me. I'll check in later but I'll make sure to post this weekend just to stay legit!
Old 05-18-2001, 08:42 PM   #14  

I did my "O" today, and would like to do it again this evening. I never have done it twice in a day.

Tomorrow and Sunday will be the hardest. It seems that weekends without the regular workday schedule make it harder to fit in and/or remember.

My clothes are looser than they were a week ago. And I'm trying to find clothes in my wardrobe suitable to wear at my new job. Most of my clothes are too casual.

I don't think I told you what my new job is. Please don't shudder. I'll be a family counsellor at a funeral home/cemetery. You can see why my wardrobe will need to be more professional. (Actually, it's a job where you can show people that you care, and can be of help to them at a very difficult time. Also we help people plan in advance so their families don't have so much trauma at the time of death.) I have done this before, and like being able to help people.

will talk to you all later.

Nancy
Old 05-19-2001, 10:11 AM   #15  

Default Saturday O!

I did it! I think this is the first Saturday since I bought the program that I have actually done my O! And it was really great! For some reason I felt more into it than usual, although it could just be because it is later in the morning and I am more awake, but still, I'm sooO! glad I did it!

Nancy - I think that's a great job - especially if it fulfills your need to take care of people. I think that's what's lacking in my current job, I don't really help people much at all... with the exception of my boss, and I'm not going to go into that subject. However, because of that "lack" I am currently seeing a career coach to help me find a position better suited for me.

Rose - I have Levels 1 and 2 right now. I LOVE level 2 and am happy just doing that one. I've debated getting more, but I'm financially tight right now, so I'm going to wait until I have more discretionary income...

Hope everybody else is doing well today! I hope you were all able to get your O! in today! Remember, it's the only weekend in the challenge, and the weekends are the hardest to keep up, but I know you all can do it!

Take care,
Closed Thread