Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 02-07-2005, 09:06 AM   #1  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Wink Monday Chat - Feb 7th

Good Morning Ladies,

I'm home today with DD who's sick. She can't seem to break a 103+ temperature...oy. So as soon as the doc's office opens I'll be giving them a call.

How is everyone? The weather here for february is beautiful

bbl
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2005, 09:19 AM   #2  

Hope Grace is feeling better soon........

I am trying to pry my eyes open........didn't go to sleep until almost 1 am last night........the perils of shift work......I'll check in later.

Liz
liz321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2005, 11:05 AM   #3  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

good morning gang!

Liz - I was so tired last night that I went to bed at 9:00 and still couldn't get up early to exercise. So I will have to go at noon today to get it in. I can't even imagine how tired I would be if I worked shift work!

Leenie - I am so sorry that dd is sick! hope the doc makes her all better! hugs!

Busy at work today so just wanted to wish everyone a blessed day!

bbl & hugs,
cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2005, 12:19 PM   #4  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Hi Ladies
Leenie I hope DD is alright thats tough on both of you
Liz are you on a different shift now?
Cathy I couldn't get up this AM either
I'm proud of myself! I didn't break at the superbowl party we went to yesterday no chips passed these lips it was water diet soda and veggies!
We went to Liberty Science center yesterday and had a blast I want to go back to see an IMAX film.
Today one of my gfs is coming over so that will be fun
OH! My mom got a house according to her and my sis its circa 1920s and in great condition.
I have to run!
bbl
Kierie
KO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2005, 03:01 PM   #5  
Divine Gal

Default hello ladies

Well I got up this morning because I knew I was getting my CPAP machine.So I cleaned my bathroom and ate some breakfast before the person got here.I also did some cross-stitching.I am alittle tired today and i didn't weigh myself because I didn't this morning.So I am going to wait until tomorrow morning.

*hugs*
lynnie
lynnie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2005, 03:02 PM   #6  
CIN

Hi Ladies
I went to one WW meeting.then home for lunch and head out again for 2 more in a few minutes!

Leens..hope little Grace is better soon! Dont you just hate it when they are sick ? They also get over it quick and that is good!

It is supposed to rain here today and Tuesday and sure looks gloomy.so I am thinking sunny thoughts despite the clouds!
I love that song from Annie......."The Sun Will Come Up...."!

See you all Tuesday!

Cin~
CIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2005, 03:23 PM   #7  
Oooo Silly Me!

Hello everyone..

Wow I had a busy weekend and wasn’t able to get to the computer at all. I didn’t do so well with eating, although I got a lot of exercise in. Saturday we had a make up game to do for our bowling league, so we got that in on Saturday. Then after league I had to run out to twenty nine palms so we could visit with James’ father who is not feeling so well. We went to church with them Sunday morning and then came home and went to a super bowl party hehehe… I won a football and a Budweiser bucket… *yay* We won a few things from the raffle drawing. All in all it was a fun night… but very bad on the eating part for me. I have a question, I was wondering how does alcohol affect your dieting or even calories? I had some drinks but I dunno how to calculate them or even figure out what to do with them.

How is everyone else? Have a good Super Bowl weekend?

Take care everyone! Will write more later.

Sue…
SueMarie301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2005, 04:02 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

hey gang!

just wanted to report that I walked 2 miles on the treadmill during lunch and then did the ab machine.

Feb Miles = 10.5

Cin - It's raining here again - and it's going to be raining for awhile I do believe - I've been singing that song for a week! hehe and gonna have to keep singing it for awhile longer.

KO - congrats on not breaking your diet for the superbowl!

Lynnie - hope the weigh in tomorrow goes well! my scale will not budge downwards for anything! grrrrrrrr

SueMarie - I don't drink, but I know there are a lot of calories in alcohol. I would think your diet program or a calorie counter would give you the calories. If it were me, I would just scratch off yesterday, call it the past and leave it in the past, and be glad that today is a new day .....and then stay away from the stuff. hahahaha but some people choose to work some alcohol into their calories for the day. Me? I'd rather have chocolate.

hugs

Last edited by cathyxxx; 02-07-2005 at 04:06 PM.
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2005, 04:05 PM   #9  
Phil 4:8

good afternoon ladies,
i lost 1 more lb this week. i will take each one as it comes off. yahoo! one pound at a time. i was discouraged last week after going to the drs. appt. i am still working on getting water intake up, making healthy choices, getting blood sugars down, and moving. can some please tell me what some of the abbrivations you use are DD, DH, are just some. i haven't a clue. it froze last night where i'm at. it's still in the 30s even though the sun is out. the dog didn't even want to go out this morning. BRRR rained off and on over the weekend. went to a scrape booking store during the game yesterday. it was like no mans land on the street. i thought everyone is watching the game or at parties. i was a another store and one of the gals said she had been there earlier and there were about 40 women in line and all the registers were open. i was wondering if they were getting items to work on. or just like me getting out for a while during the game. our daughter came over and brought some snacks and watched the game with her dad. it was nice.

lennie-sorry to hear you have a sick one. hope their better soon. being sick is no fun. some days i just have a no energy blah kind of run down feeling.

kierie-congratulations!! it can be though when your out some place else. especially if it's alot of stuff you know is just plan not healthy for you. i sounds like you made great choices. i made 2 kinds of soup, had stuff to make sanwhiches, and salad fixings. all in all it was a good day.

lynnie24- good luck with the CPAP now those abbrivations i know. how bad is your sleep apnea. i have tried three different machines. i will tell you about them after you have had yours for awhile. my husband didn't want to go that route so he did a mouth devise. it is working VERY well i can now fall asleep. before it was like hurry up and fall asleep before he comes to bed so you can go to sleep. sometimes i would wake him 2-5 times a night because he woke me up snoring so loud. my sister-in-law also is trying the CPAP machine. Loads of luck. give it time. it may take several months. don't get discouraged.

to rest of you don't feel like i left you out. i have been on the computer for to long and my back is killing me. time for a much needed brake. have a mavelous monday and an even better tomorrow. contraulations to all of you who made your goals. reward yourself with something special. not food related. be kind to yourselfs. we are all in this together. one lb. at a time.
kind regards,
mary
craftymom2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2005, 05:39 PM   #10  
Oooo Silly Me!

Cathy - Yeah it has some drinks in it, but its a bit confuzing whenI looking at the ingriedients. My addictions are those fruity drinks LOL! I don't drink often, but every blue moon... I would call super bowl sunday a blue moon only because I don't like football and have never watched superbowl until this sunday *grin* But yes, I've already written off yesterday *grin* we allowed to cheat every so often right? I was just curious as to if any knew about caloric intake with mixed alcoholic drinks. I know it can dehydrate you. Congrats on the miles!

Craftymom - Congrats on the 1lb gone! Baby Steps! Good job!

Sue...
Old 02-07-2005, 06:50 PM   #11  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

SueMarie I forget fruity drinks are DRINK DRINKS so lol i try to stay away
KO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2005, 12:06 AM   #12  
Oooo Silly Me!

yes hehehe still a weakness for me