Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 02-06-2005, 02:42 AM   #1  
1 carton a week!

Unhappy I have been absolutely horrible today!

here is what I ate all day ...
2 wheat bagels with half pb other half cream cheese
8 oreos
2 chocolate chip cookies
4 vanilla lattes
cranberry scone
bag of goldfish crackers
1/2 gallon of choco chip icecream
plate of chicken fajitas with beans, rice, and corn
I feel sick, both from the food and from myself .... ugh I hate college stress, I've been binging like this for about 2 weeks now anyone any advice on how to get out of rut like this?
icecreamjunkee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2005, 11:03 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 212/155/140

Height: 5'7"

The good news is, today is over! re. college stress - eating foods which play havoc with your blood sugar levels will just make your stress worse. You need veggies, fruits, lean protein, vitamins - they're not only good for your plan, but they will help you cope with everything else. (the chicken fajitas aren't bad, really - beans, corn, chicken are all good things). But too many empty carbs (oreos, scones, etc) will leave you feeling sluggish. Try one oreo instead of 8, plus a piece of fruit! good luck.
suechef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2005, 11:11 AM   #3  
singletrack chick

holy crap that is a terrible day.half a gallon of ice cream. my advice is to keep that kind of food away from you. it seems like you are like me. if its around, i can't say no to it, so i don't bring it into the house, at all.

replace it now. throw it away. that should make you feel better because you are taking action. secondly, don't beat yoursefl up about it.

start fresh, but start now. you don't want to do any more damage, mentally or physically. get some healthy foods to keep around to snack on. fruits and veggies, snack bars you know the drill.

next, do not eat when you are stressed out. if you create a pattern, it will turn into an addiction. do something else when you are stressed. sip on hot tea, go for a walk, write in a journal. everytime you feel the need to eat because of stress replace it with something else. i found that the ritual of making tea, from the boiling of the water to picking out which tea i wanted etc. was a great sub for mindless snacking, binging and smoking.

my last advice is hold yourself accountable. you know you can do this. you know all that crap you put in your body isn't good for you, and really in the long run doesn't make you feel better. food is for nourishment, not comfort.

you can do this, you just have to be honest with yourself. it takes a lot of strength to get out of a rut like this. you've admitted the problem though so now its on to the next step of solving it. i know you can do it. good luck, and stay strong.
laura_on_a_bike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2005, 01:58 PM   #4  

Don't beat yourself up too much, or you'll start thinking "well, I have stuffed it up, I may as well quit and just eat like this all the time". Especially if you are not happy with all the weight you have lost so far. You have done really well, and you need to "big yourself up" on what you have done well, and forget this glitch.

Eat a good breakfast and lunch and you won't have much room for the junk, let us know how you get on.

Last edited by kykaree; 02-06-2005 at 01:59 PM. Reason: typos
kykaree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2005, 11:13 PM   #5  
1 carton a week!

thanks for the kind words .. so I did a little better today but sure enough as soon as I began to study for one of three midterms I have this week, I got to the chocoloate stash in my dorm *eek* but I stopped ... I'm fighting it as I type!
my problem is that I have a prepaid meal plan that I have to use at the dinning hall where all the cookies, scones, and everything is ... buffet ALL DAY LONG! so it's hard to get that food away from me ... any other suggestions?
icecreamjunkee is offline   Reply With Quote