View Poll Results: What's your greatest fear?
Thunderstorms 0 0%
Spiders 2 10.53%
The dark 0 0%
Death 3 15.79%
Small, confined spaces 2 10.53%
Tornadoes/hurricanes/other natural disasters 5 26.32%
Other (explain, please!) 7 36.84%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 05-15-2001, 09:54 PM   #1  
A Yankee in Virginia

Red face

I wanted to start a thread, so even though it's only 10 p.m., I did! I wanted to have fun and do a poll. Since all you in different time zones always have the jump on me, here I go!

By the way, I'm at work late tonight, trying to finish this big story I've been complaining about for weeks. Due Thursday ... finally it's almost all over! Yay!

I thought of the poll because we're having a massive thunder and lightening storm. When I ran home for dinner, my puppies were scared to death and hiding in the bathroom!

Have a great day, everyone! I have WI at 12:30 p.m.!

Last edited by kimobi; 05-15-2001 at 09:59 PM.
Old 05-15-2001, 10:07 PM   #2  
Fudgesicle Freak!!

Hi Kim, I am the same, I never seem to get in here when everyone else is posting....Internet police at work!!!!
Good Luck with the story!!
I have had an alright week, over a couple of days(but not by much) BUT I did journal everyday no matter what. I went to my moms tonight and took Roxy(the dog) for a nice long walk.....then had a light dinner

WI is tomorrow so I am keeping my fingers crossed

I am just on my way to bed so I hope ya'll have a great day!!! And I will check in soon.

Steph
Old 05-16-2001, 01:32 AM   #3  

Well, here I am, the prodigal chick slinking back to the bulletin board, hoping you girls will take me in again! Glad to see the same names (and a couple new ones) around and doing so well. I see lower numbers everywhere I look!

So even though I stopped visiting a couple months back, I haven’t given up the weight loss venture…I think when I last posted I was around 148 and now I’m around 137. I actually declared WW goal at 140 so I wouldn’t have to pay anymore, but I still feel like I have a ways to go. I’ve also lowered my goal from 130 to 125…mainly because I just don’t feel thin and I don’t think seven more pounds is going to do it. I’m wearing a size eight these days, which used to be my absolute dream size…but I don’t know…I think I thought a size eight was smaller, thinner. Don’t get me wrong—I’m loving all the new clothes and how I look lately, but I’m still not quite where I want to be yet. I tried on a tankini last week and just grimaced.

Consider back in the game, girls. I’m in a wedding in six weeks and want to be ten pounds lighter by then!

Heather
187.4/136.6/125 (5’5")
Old 05-16-2001, 02:40 AM   #4  

Halloo!

I'm MIA these days because my total loss in 4 weeks on WW is a whopping .4 lbs.! I'm embarrassed. I went down 3.5, then up 3.3 and down again .2. I just feel silly. So there isn't much to report except that I'm still plugging along, trying to be a good Weight Watcher and trying to keep my sense of humor about it all. Everything comes in it's own time, no?
You're all superstars with your losses, I'm proud of you.
Old 05-16-2001, 06:34 AM   #5  
Scotland's finest export

Default Greatest fear?

I had to put other because I am very afraid of putting the weight I've lost back on!! Hopefully now I am able to run for 28 mins (applause please!) that isn't likely to happen. I just need to watch what I eat! Speaking of which, BF is taking me out for dinner tonight because he's off on holiday to Ireland for a week with his mates. He says he's really going to miss me, bless. The day after he gets back we're heading off to Wales for a long weekend which I can't wait for. I love going to new places!
welcome back emily, interesting about the autism thing. i have read that people in academia quite often have asperger's sydrome (form of autism) because they get very focused on doing repetitive tasks the rest of us would find boring. thinking of the academics i know, that makes some sense.
jen, hope you've recovered from your birthday. in my office, whenever it is your birthday it is up to you to bring in cakes etc for everyone else. works quite well.
no one bothers with cards, we just come and eat the cake of the birthday person!
welcome back cuba - hooray on your engagement! maybe you should start WW from scratch again and go back to how you lost the weight before in order to shift those last 8 pounds. think of yourself as a new person and look at it all with new eyes.
stacey - i think not worrying about losing weight is a good idea if you don't want anything else to stress over before the wedding. good luck maintaining. i'm not a morning person either but at the moment i'm going to the gym ever other morning before work. much easier to do in nicer weather and it really sets you up for the day. but i appreciate it's hard to do at first, you just need to get into a routine if possible.
heather - i felt the same when i got to goal, that you still weren't thin. i think it takes time for your brain to catch up on your new body image. i'd be very wary of losing too much more. maybe focus instead on toning up...don't do an ally mcbeal on us!!
slinko, don't give up. speak to your leader and ask her advice. you may find you're counting points wrongly or something. ww does work, but you need to work too!
hmm, i must go do some "work"! hello to everyone i've missed. good luck at WI, well done on any losses,
kirsty

Last edited by Kirsty; 05-16-2001 at 06:42 AM.
Old 05-16-2001, 07:18 AM   #6  
flibbertobbergenie!

Look! I managed to scan a piccie to be my avatar! Not v clear but it's a start. I have scanned some of me and blokey at the wedding on Saturday but can't make them small enough to fit ... they are GIF/JPEG files, but they're all about 200KB plus - any idea how to get them down to 40KB?

Welcome back Cuba, Heather! Slinko too - we've missed you! Keep posting even if you think it's going terribly, that's what we're here for. And believe me, I know all about depressing plateaux.

Emily - soy cream is great, at least I think so. The only thing I've found with all soy milk and creams is that you have to be careful not to scald them (ie don't put it straight in just-boiled coffee) because they will curdle.

Gotta go now, but will be back later. So much work and stress!

Lxxx
Old 05-16-2001, 07:40 AM   #7  
It's a life long struggle

S/C/G: 230/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

I, sorry to be MIA the last few days. I have weigh in this morning, wish me luck!

I voted natural disasters....they scare the crap outta me. Thank God I don't live in an area that has many. We had a tornado once back when I was in grade 5 or 6 and I still remember it. Sky was green and yellow and the damage it did....I hope I never see anything like it again. There awas one kid who was riding his bike as fast as he could to get home. Well, he didn't make it. He got decapitated by flying debrie. He was a student of my dads wife. ANyway, so that is how and why I voted the way I did.

KO If you are reading this I challage you to a race! LOL My little red buggy goes pretty darn fast! I don't know the model name or anything just that it has a HUGE basket (which was the selling feature for me) and it is fire engine red. So bring it on!!!! I am ready to whoop you butt!

Heather I am fairly new here. Sounds like you are doing pretty good with your weight loss. Careful you don't go too far. Size 8 sounds like a dream for me! Congrats!

Kirsty I agree with you on gaining weight back. I really hadn't thought about that as my worst fear but it does scare me. I guess I have to think about losing it in the first place though right

Lolly Great pic!!!

Slinko I agree. Talk to you leader and see if there isn't something with the point counting. Are you exercising as well? Do you eat at the top end of your range? low end? Are you eating a variety of food and spreading out your points? (veggies, fruit, grains) Talk to her/him, see if they can help.

Steph Good luck at weigh in!

Kim Great poll!

Have a good one all,

Angie
Old 05-16-2001, 08:30 AM   #8  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Default Fun @ the Diet Doc

yesterday was the fatal visit with the diet doc i was prepared to maintain or gain knowing how i've been eating the last 2 weeks BUTTTTT i lost 7 woowooooooooooo

they really need a shaking booty smilie b/c thats what im doing!
granted im switching meds to the dreaded xenical but also with my metabolism and i wont go into gories it shouldnt be so bad im starting it tommorrow she also told me to journal everything which will be a pain in the arse but will also make me super mindful of whats going in my mouth she also told me to shift my carbs around a bit not to lower them just to wait till later in the day to reduce my cravings

Angie Trust me Girlie Friend I can and will Bring it! lol woowoo fire engine red does this mean your a hot momof2girls?

LOLLY how utterly cute are you?!!!! i'm lactose intolerant so i was considering introducing some soy into my diet whats the easiest thing to start with?

Kim I chose Spiders Altho much like your puppies mine are afraid of thunderstorms mind you our bichon stood down 2 bucks on 2 seperate occaisons that were in our yard for the first one he pulled a boomer and jumped thru the window lol

Slinko hey as long as the scale isnt only going up you are ok! slow weightloss is permanent and that .4 is off your bod forever!

heather it sounds like you just have to tone do some strength training but you dont want to end up skeletal and ever notice how much older very very skinny ppl tend to look?

Kirsty wooowooooo 28 minutes im giving you a sitting ovation lol

Steph and Kim good luck at WI!

anyway im off for a bit
Kierie
Old 05-16-2001, 08:52 AM   #9  
GO TERRIERS!!!!

Well, my friends say I'm neurotic about my fears. I have no doubt that I will die at the hands of one of my biggest fears. they are (in no order: spiders, airplanes, tornados, and elevators).

I fly all the time, like at least 8 round trips a year - but I hate every second of it, especially landing. For a couple days before my stomach is all torn up from the stress.

I'm from Mississippi and we got our fare share of tornados and hurricanes. hurricanes don't scare me at all - I mean, you get days warning to prepare... but tornados are wicked scary!!!

I've been stuck on an elevator alone between two floors once AGH.

ANd spiders... well - they're just creepy. And in Mississippi we had tons of poisonous ones... banana spiders, brown recluse, black windows... Boston's not so bad.

Good morning Kim, Angie and Kirsty!

Steph - good luck at WI!

Slinko - I wouldn't worry about the fluctuations. At least it's not up 3.5, up 3, up.... you get the picture. You're doing great and eventually it will all start falling... and falling

Lolly - Cute picture.

Kierie - Congrats on the loss - that's awesome!!!

Brenda - tonight's the night. I'm excited. I actually have friends rooting for the blues. We are all BU faithful, and since the blues have 2 BU alumn (Tkachuk and Scott Young) they are rooting for them. But the most of us are rooting for the Avs. It could get ugly We'll see what happens.

Ladies - have a great day!

Lisa
Old 05-16-2001, 09:16 AM   #10  
Scotland's finest export

Default i need help!

hey girls,
i've found out more about my cruise. it's for 7 nights on the Ausonia. I need to choose departure date, which then decides the places I go to. If you go to www.travelchoice.com and click on cruise and click on first choice then ausonia you can see all the departure dates and where the different trips go to. i can't choose!! help!?
good loss kierie!! cool piccie lolly - more more more!

kirsty
Old 05-16-2001, 09:19 AM   #11  
Mom to 2 beautiful girls!

HI everyone. Last night I got on-line and posted that 8 point pizza crust recipe. Hope you enjoy! My b-day ended nice. It got up to 87 degrees here and that is really high for May. Sadie and I went for a good walk and we both came back sweaty and hot. Hubby made me pizza while I was gone. Then I planted 3 rose bushes. So it was a nice evening.

I am afraid of the tornados and other natural disasters. We get tornados in Wisconsin, and although they aren't as often as the ones in KS, OK and those areas... every year we have at least one bad one. April and May is tornado season, so hopefully it will be over soon. I am also afraid of earthquakes. While I was in San Fran I prayed we didn't get one!

Tilley... I fly often also and have gotten mcuh better about that fear. Although some landings get me nervous. I actually don't mind the larger planes, its the little prop type planes that I have to take that make me nervous. They are soooo teeny and shakey!

YAHHHH KIERIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good Luck on WI ANGIE AND KIM!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh here is a pic of Emma from a couple weeks ago... 6 months picture. Enjoy!!
Old 05-16-2001, 09:41 AM   #12  

Default Good morning and happy hump day!

Yippe, finally mid week. sometimes the weeks jusdt don't go fast enough even when you are busy. I had a good time at Outback last night. ended the day with 29 points (Over by 4) but had earned 6 at the gym so I am ok for the day. Still hoping for aloss on Sat but not sure what to expect. This week is just hard I guess. And I have a wedding shower and bachelorette party on Saturday, that doesn't make it any easier.

I am terribly afraid of bugs - all of them. I don't know why. I always think I am going to get stung or bit. I am a little afraid of the dark if I am outside or I don't know where I am.

Jen - I am glad that you had a nice birthday. Emma is adorable!!!! Thanks for the pizza crust recipe. when I get my bread machine, I will try it.

Heather - welcome back. Congrats on making your WW goal weight. I agree that it might take some time to adjust to your weightloss as Kirsty said. Give it some time and you might be okwith a weight around 135-130.

Slinko - Overall you are still down and that is what counts. Maybe you should try to shake things up a little in your eating routine por add more exercise. You can do it!

Kirsty - I can't wait to check out your cruise choices! I am sure there are some great options. Have fun at dinner tonight. I agree with you on the fear of gaining back the weight.

Emily - I hope things are going ok with the sick room.

Tilley - Your fears sound justified to me!

Kierie - congrats on your great loss! that is super. I hope that the new medication will be good for you as well. Let us know how it goes.

Kim and Angie - good luck at WI!

Lolly - I love your picture!!!!

Steph - way to go on journalling. Keep looking for the positives!!!

TOM came today so we will see what that does to my weight. I need to do school work today but am not sure if I feel like it right now. Talk toyou all later.

Sarah
194.4/161/153
Old 05-16-2001, 09:57 AM   #13  
Eve's Mom

Default Hello

Emma is such a cutie Jen. Love the "deer caught in headlights" look!! Ah, babies!

Welcome back Heather. Be careful that you aren't getting too obsessed with being thinner (hey remember that stephen king novel - yikes).

Steph - Hey girlie girl!!

Kim - good poll. My greatest fear is losing a loved one. The thought of one of my sisters, or mom, especially my mom is horrifyng to me. That is why Angies' story hit home for me. My mom is not well, and we fear that she may have cancer and just not want us to know. I love my mom so much....she just isn't healthy. Anyway, good luck at WI!!! May the force be with you.

Kirsty - I have every faith that you won't gain the weight back. Hey, my sister has to stop running - her knees are in bad shape now. She was at my house on the weekend and suddenly started to cry in so much pain....too bad b/c she really felt good after she was done. I feel for her. Ih aven't ran all week - I find when I get home after walked briskly 30 min there and 30 min back, I am done with cardiio for hte day - I sleep REALLY good at night though. And get this - I weighed myself on my scale today and I am UP 3 LBS!! How canthis be??? I have been within range all week (and I ate some of my booster points) and I have been walking like 60 min a day, running last week, doing weights and leg ab and butt exercise - HOW CAN THIS BE?????? Am WI at WW on Fri morning.....v. worried. Granted, TOM is due on Monday, but would I see a water gain of 3 lbs this early?? V. upset and a bit discouraged I must say....quite discouraged. BTW your cruise sounds awesome. V. jealous!!!

Lolly - your pic is a bit fuzzy, but you are so cute!!! That is Just how I pictured you, with a really warm smile.

Slinko - don't feel silly, that happens to all of us. Kim was struggling there with maintaining for a while and she busted it (hence her sig that said plataeu buster). Just keep plugging away!! at least you aren't gaining, right?

Angie - good luck at WI girl!

KO - hey Kier - well, good luck on your next prescription, and way to go on your 7 down!! I bet you were jubilant!! Woo hoo

LIsa - must say, I hate spiders too....most creepy crawlys as well.

Sarah - be good at your stagette party!! Woo hoo.....those are fun. I think for mine I am having a giant Karaoke party!! Just be satisfied if you maintain then, if you know you are haivng a challenging week, you know??

Well, I better do some work, have meetinsgs from 8:30 - 11am...yuck. ANd haven't had coffee.

I must say though, walking to work does wake me up and make me feel more energized for the day. And you know, I have trouble getting up to exercise too, but this way, its how I get my butt to work, so I have no choice (also saves me $5-8/day for no parking, which is good....taht is sometimes a great motivator. I keep telling myself i can see a movie /day for the money I save on this).

OKay, well, I will now really check out.

Adios amigos!!

Belle
Old 05-16-2001, 10:09 AM   #14  
Fed Up With Fat!!

Default Greatest Fear?

Well, it's not tornados, we have them all the time and although they scare me, it's kind of like natural stuff. You know? I actually had a spider come out on the dashboard in my car yesterday while driving 65 mph!!! I didn't wreck, but the damn thing went into the air vent! I had to turn off the A/C and open the windows so it wouldn't blow out onto me!
I'm getting ready to go to a meeting so I'll write my big long gripe later. can't wait, huh?
See ya!
Old 05-16-2001, 10:27 AM   #15  

Default Happy wednesday!

Hi everyone! Jen-Emma is adorable!!!

I put death as my greatest fear-I'm not terribly religious, so i always wonder what comes next...bugs gross me out but don't scare me-my roommate and I had a problem with bed bugs last year-it turns out there were bugs crawling over me in my bed for MONTHS without my knowing....one day I went home to take a nap, and pulled back the sheets, and there they were!!! I was so grossed out...especially after finding out that they feed by attaching themselves to you for 5 minutes!!!

Anyhow-now that I've thoroughly grossed out some of you...

Heather-I hear what you are saying about wanting to lose more-I don't think i'll be happy at my goal either...but try to remember that you still see yourself as before even though you look different-it's kind of a body dysmorphic disorder that people get when they lose a lot of weight...what has helped me has been measuring myself and seeing the numbers change...

Kirsty-good job getting abck on track...the cruise sounds fabulous
Belle-our weights vary scale to scale and day to day...just stick with it and don't get discouraged!!!
Kierie-Congrats on the awesome loss!!!
Slinko-I was doing the same thing for awhile...the plateau lasted 4 weeks-keep coming though-that's what we're here for...and you are still down some...which means you haven't gained!!!

I was looking at my WW card from last year this time right before I stopped going for the summer-I am almost in virgin fat territory-one more pound! And today I am wearing a pair of jeans that I have never worn before-a pair of 'goal jeans'-whoo hoo!!!!

Bye bye-lori
Closed Thread