Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 02-01-2005, 10:53 PM   #1  

Default February 2005 Check-In Thread

Hi ladies,

No one replied to the last thread. Anyone out there?

I am doing fine. Exhausted, which is really wearing on me. But happy to be pregnant.
KatSLP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2005, 04:28 PM   #2  

Hey Kat (and anybody else lurking out there...)

I'm really glad to hear you're doing fine. Having any weird cravings yet? Bad gas? Lol... peeing a million times a day? Sigh... I look back on my pregnant days so fondly... cherish it while it lasts, it will go by so fast. And get as much sleep as you can now, it will be a precious commodity once baby is here... So when do you go for your ultrasound again? Once you find out the gender are you going to name the baby right away? Hoping for a girl or a boy? Gee I get so excited when someone I know is pregnant. I really do miss it (of course you forget all the bad times easily enough -- except for the labour, I still haven't forgotten that pain!! But well worth it though.)
You'll have to let me know what you decide to name your baby once you find out if it's boy or girl. I'd like to make you something.

Hmmm... I wonder where has everyone else gone? Must be a busy time being the beginning of the year. The last couple weeks have been crazy with DF gone to the rigs and now back home... DD has been sick with a very bad cold and running a high fever yesterday... Since Christmas she has been sleeping through the night in her own crib but last night I brought her to bed with me. She has been so sucky it's driving me nuts. Yesterday she slept almost all day but wanted to be held most of the time. Today she is all constipated (because of her cold or what, I don't know) but I've been just giving her fluids (breastmilk and watered down juice) so I don't know why she is all bunged up. And I just feel like a big ol sack of poop because i havent been able to get anything done. Bleh. I just feel bleh.
Hopefully I can start going to the gym again soon... the weather has turned icky here again but it should warm up here soon.

Take care Kat, and everyone else! Hopefully we'll see some more action here soon!
Hugs,
Dietrie
silly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2005, 05:27 PM   #3  

Dietrie, thanks for thinking about me! We saw the heartbeat on Thursday. Sooo awesome!

We all ready have names picked out. Zoe for a girl, Liam for a boy. And we do plan to find out the sex.

I am doing pretty OK. Exhaustion, some m/s, etc... And, yes, lots of peeing.

Sorry your DD isn't feeling well.

Where is everyone else? Please check in!
Old 02-16-2005, 12:11 AM   #4  

Anyone left on this board? It's a shame all the regulars disappeared.
Old 02-22-2005, 01:46 PM   #5  

Hey Kat,

How's the pregnancy going? I've been thinking about you but I've had some major computer problems so I haven't been on for a couple weeks. My sister in law is going to be having her baby very soon. It's an exciting time - lots of babies being born! My DD Chloe is 7 months old now.... it's so hard to believe how fast it goes by. She's motoring around the house as she's now crawling... and has even started pulling up in her crib!! (Eek!) But these are fun times now and I enjoy it more and more every day.

I'm doing really well myself.... other than a bum computer and a bum car lol... I'm starting back at the gym today so I'm really excited to get out of the house. My fiance left for his rig yesterday so I'm on my own again until the 3rd of March. It shouldn't be too bad though....the weather is finally warming up here and its supposed to be about ten above in the middle of the week. I'm planning on getting out to the gym and walking as much as I can stand it. I've been eating healthier and my weight is great... I'm at 142 which is awesome considering 7 months ago I was at 220!! Woohoo!

Anyways Kat I promise I'll keep checking in. I do wonder where everyone else has gone? Hopefully everyone is doing well! Take care Kat... your body is your (and baby's!) temple at this time.... Let me know how you're doing! Gone for the ultrasound yet? Do you know g/b? let me know as soon as you know!
Love and hugs,
Dietrie
Old 02-24-2005, 07:46 PM   #6  

Unhappy remember me?

Do you guys remember me? I need your help.

I need your thoughts and prayers. I am desperate now with my eating problems. I have been in denial about being addicted to food. Since I have stopped coming here (and during being here as well, and pretty much as long as I can remember), I am on and off diets constantly, I keep trying to fix myself and it's not working, I now realize I cannot do it myself anymore. I am planning to go to an OA meeting tomorrow night (first time) and I am scared to go. I know I have to go but I am so nervous. I called the person and left a message, I'm hoping they will call back and tell me what the meetings are like. I tried an online meeting but I didn't feel comfortable in it, I think an "in person" meeting might be better for me, although I am dreading it, and especially going alone. I really need the support of others who understand what this is like. It's not about "dieting" which I have tried to make myself believe it is about, and my friends who "diet" (without the food addiction) do not understand fully what it feels like. It's more than just exercising and eating right, in having the addiction, most of us probably "know" what we "need" to do , we just can't do it, not by ourselves anyway. Since I was about 10 my life has been about addictions. Food addiction when I was around 10 because my parents were divorced and my mom worked and I was alone and felt really sad and alone, and without direction, so I ate to feel good. That addiction turned into drug addiction, then I got pregnant and married and totally got away from that addiction(the drug one) as I totally only cared about being a good Mom and caring for my precious child. So I was "safe" (so I thought) to fall back into food addiction. That lasted through the years, and then Internet addiction, that one I've kind of worked through and back to Food addiction.(although I doubt I've ever left food addiction)... I think I fall into food addiction so well because it's "legal". I don't know, but I can't keep on feeling like this, I have been crying and so down on myself and sad, I really need to get out of this bondage and be victorious over my eating. Thanks for listening and sorry to come back like this, (emotional like I am)....I just need to know there are others who "really" understand.

And Kat, congratulations on your pregnancy! I have 5 kids (don't know if you remember that or not) and I am SO Blessed by them and love them SO SO SO much!!!!! They are my life!

Thanks again for allowing me to come back and post all this.

skippy oxo
skippy257 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2005, 12:26 AM   #7  

Default Hi ladies

Dietrie, How's the gym going? Counting down the days until your SO comes back? The pregnancy is going pretty well. The exhaustion isn't as bad - next week starts my second tri.

Skippy, :grouphug Hun! I totally relate! I think it is wonderful that you are going to a OA meeting tomorrow. Please check in with us afterward and let us know how it went. I was soooo nervous going to my first (I went to 2 weeks of online meetings first before I had the guts to go). The people were very friendly and I did not feel any pressure to speak or anything (one of my fears). It's recommended to give at least 6 meetings a chance. I hope you do!
Old 02-26-2005, 02:37 AM   #8  

Skippy: I'm really proud and inspired that you are finally finding the courage to go to OA. Many times in life it's the hardest things that are the most worthwhile to do. I struggle with my own denial every day... I know I have a problem but I don't feel ready to address it yet. And you don't need to be sorry for coming back here and feeling emotional... that's what this place is for, and that's what we are all here for. To get support, and to give it. We can be stronger with each other. One day soon, it will start to feel better for you... and I hope we can all rejoice in your, (and each others' as well!) triumphs.

Kat: Now comes the fun part of the pregnancy.... starting to "show", feeling the first kick, the ultrasound, and probably (hopefully anyways!) less morning sickness and exhaustion. You must tell me as soon as you know if it's a boy or girl! I am so excited for you. As for me... the gym is going wonderfully. I didn't go today and REALLY regretted it. It's nice to have those two hours a day by MYSELF... just to sweat and get some tension out and work at bettering and strengthening myself. The daycare at the gym is just wonderful. I have lately been having a real problem at getting myself ready and out of the house in less than four hours So my goal for the week is to go to the gym at least every other day, and try to get there within two hours of my scheduled time lol. I am already seeing/feeling the benefits... I fall asleep so well now, and have more energy during the day (which hopefully will help with getting me out of the house faster ) and I can already feel some nice muscle definition in places I didn't know that muscles existed on my body. I am sore... but it's a good sore.
I am doing ok with my SO being gone... going to the gym gets me out in the fresh air every day which also works wonders on DD. She is such a little angel. I've also been visiting with my friends more often which has been nice. I can't wait til he comes home though... I am tentatively planning for my friend to take DD overnight and then set up a romantic candlelit picnic at home for Tim... with all the necessary "extras"... hehehe. He works so hard for his family, he deserves a little pampering himself.

Well ladies... take care for now. I'll check in again soon. Skippy, it's really good to have you back. Hopefully others will check in again soon. Take care too Kat! *hugs*

Dietrie
Old 02-26-2005, 11:28 AM   #9  

Thanks!

The meeting I was going to no longer exists, so I thought to myself, ok, does this mean I am on the wrong track? So I decided to search for another one and found one and went to it this morning (really early, ugh!), but it was much better for "me" at the in person meeting than online meeting. I will plan to go back again next week. Thanks so much for your thoughts and support!

Love, skippy
skippy257 is offline   Reply With Quote