Exercise! Love it or hate it, let's motivate each other to just DO IT!

Old 02-01-2005, 08:54 PM   #1  
Learning To Fly...

S/C/G: 307/Ticker/150

Height: 5'4

Default Is My Workout Enough? Strength Suggestions?

This is my workout routine that I'm going to start:

*Cardio will always be 30 minutes or more and will consist of: aerobics (step, floor) walk away the pounds, tae bo, belly dancing...

Monday - Cardio & full body strength routine
Tuesday - Cardio & a walk with my bf if weather permits
Wednesday - Cardio & 20 minutes of pilates
Thursday - Cardio & a walk with my bf again if weather permits
Friday - Cardio & full body strength routine
Saturday - Walk with bf if weather permits
Sunday - Off

I'm also doing weight watchers, and I will be getting a job soon (which will burn some extra calories, compared to what I do now lol which is sit at home)

I'd like to add strength training to my routine, with dumb bells and an exercise ball, but I need a good full body routine, anyone know of one? I dont really have money for a video or anything right now so a print out or something along those lines would be awesome...

what do you guys think?
Trixie14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2005, 09:34 PM   #2  
WW Moderator

You can get a good exercise printout at www.stumptuous.com(click on IRON) . Krista Smash has great tips and routines for beginners on up. If your financial situation has improved, Kathy Smith Lift Weights To Lose Weight is good, and also her new Project: YOU. (I'm doing that one right now and I love it) . You can pick up the LW2LW on ebay or used at Amazon. There is an older one and an updated one. The Project:YOU is a brand new thing, and a 3 DVD-set, so it is a lot more $$.

If you are totally new at lifting weights, you might want to split it up to do upper one day and lower the next, and then repeat later in the week. Once you get the hang of things, you can blend it all together.

My routine on Project: YOU is

cardio x30/upper
cardio x30/lower
pilates/yoga
cardio x30/upper
cardio x30/lower
cardio of choice 30 or 60
rest

After I finish 5 weeks of this, the cardio and strength days will be split:

full body strength
cardio x 40
full body strength