Closed Thread

Old 05-14-2001, 11:03 PM   #1  

I rarely wait too long before eating so I don't get ravenous, but once I do eat I notice that it doesn't take very long before I start to feel "full." My goal, actually, is to feel "comfortable," and then stop eating but I have a hard time doing this.

Today, I had a 5 point breakfast and for lunch I had a half of a breast of baked chicken, 1/2 cup of green beans and 1/2 cup of corn. About six points. Less than two-thirds way into the meal I started to feel "full." But because I was afraid of not eating enough food I kept eating. I know it's important to change this behavior because it's one reason I am overweight. However, I'm finding it difficult to do because I always start to believe I have to eat the required number of points...I don't want it to be 8:00 o'clock and I've only eaten 12 points.

Tonight I made dinner, a stir fry with vegetables and rice. I started to feel full after maybe a cup of food, which didn't seem like much especially with the vegetables. I kept eating because it was good and because a part of me said my body needed more food. Whatever the reason, I find it difficult to just stop once I know my body is conveying it's had enough.

Help!

Thanks folks.

Delia

Last edited by Delia; 05-14-2001 at 11:07 PM.
Old 05-15-2001, 12:42 PM   #2  
Turtle Buddy

Hi,

I've been where you are. There was a time when I decided to try the idea of eating whatever I wanted, but stopping when I felt full, no matter how much I'd eaten. I started to feel full after such small amounts of food, I got worried about it. I realized that part of the reason was that I was paying so much attention, which I'd never done before. This changed a lot of my attitudes toward food in general. It helped me rid my brain of red light foods. And I rarely binge, although I still overeat on occasion. I'm working on changing that.

But I also realized that part of the issue for me was that I really wanted to eat small amounts of food, but eat more often. When you don't eat much food, you get hungry again sooner. So, that's what I do now that I'm following Weight Watchers. Instead of eating three meals and snack foods, I divide up my regular food into smaller mini meals. I occasionally use the snack foods in small amounts as treats with those meals, but usually I eat half portions of my regular foods in two separate meals. And I eat every 2-3 hours. I rarely let myself go longer than 4 hours without eating something because I don't feel well when I do that.

Also, if you're worried about eating all of your points, make your food more calorie dense. Eat smaller amounts, as your body seems to want, but eat higher point foods. Go ahead and use a little regular salad dressing on that small salad that fills you up.

Keep working with it and you'll find a balance that suits your body and allows you to get the minimum points in every day.

Good luck.

Lin
Old 05-15-2001, 06:13 PM   #3  
Chick

Height: 5'4"

Ditto what Lin says! She makes perfect sense and I find myself doing very much the same thing. I separate my breakfast into the main stuff (egg whites or cereal) and the fruit and have those two things about 2 hours apart. That way I'm never starving and I'm comfortable.
Hope this helps.
234/205/thinner
Old 05-16-2001, 05:43 AM   #4  

Default Thanks

Thanks ladies. Your replies have been helpful. Right away I intend to start changing how I eat and adapting more frequent eating habits but staying within my points. I appreciate it!

Delia
Closed Thread