Closed Thread

Old 01-28-2005, 09:35 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 169/167.6/135

Height: 5'3'

Lightbulb :cb: Exercise anyone??

Hey everyone, thought we could start a weekly log of exercise. Seems like most of us have WI on Thurs. or Friday, so I thought I would start it today.

Here goes:

1/28 WATP 2 mile express
1/29 30 minutes treadmill

:

Lisa

Last edited by mumto2; 01-29-2005 at 01:12 PM.
Old 01-28-2005, 10:17 AM   #2  

Height: 5'7"

For those who don't know -- WATP = Walk Away The Pounds. It's a series by Leslie Sansone and, in the immortal words of Ferris Bueller, "If you have the means, I highly recommend picking one up."

I'm still planning to get that darn Gazelle if my friend/co-worker will ever get off her dead butt and buy my treadmill! She said two weeks ago it would be last week, then last week said next week. Now next week if she puts it off again, I'll say forget it and buy the thing myself, then sell my treadmill on the bulletin board at work.
Old 01-28-2005, 10:47 AM   #3  
Southside White Sox Fan

Thanks, Kathy. I thought WATP meant weekly activity points.

I just finished 30 minutes on the treadmill at 2.7 MPH. This is what I do every day unless I let myself off the hook every once in a blue moon.

I think I could claim 3 AP's according to the slide rule but I only claim 2.

My Niece loves the Nancy Sansone tapes.
Old 01-28-2005, 11:05 AM   #4  

Well, oops! I saw WATP and assumed it was the Sansone series. I guess Mum can clarify it.

You are a monster on that treadmill! I really admire your dedication to it. I like mine but after about 5 minutes my knee is killing me and that crunchy noise that it makes turns my stomach! I'm hoping the Gazelle will do pretty much the same thing without the impact of steps.
Old 01-28-2005, 12:34 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 169/167.6/135

Height: 5'3'

Hi Kathy and Vickie,
Glad to see you join me on the exercise thread. Yes, it is Leslie Sansone's Walk Away the Pounds. She has lots of good tapes. i think I have 3 different ones. I had a 3 mile tape, but only did it a couple of times, it's 45 or 50 minutes long and I start to get bored. Have a treadmill too, so I switch between the two. Have a great day!

Lisa
Old 01-28-2005, 01:25 PM   #6  

ok ok.........

Walk everyday for 35 minutes and distance is between 2.5-3 miles, all outside........will I ever make the 4 minute mile? ha
I walk to the tunes of Faith Hill, Josh Grobin, Tim McGraw, Tom Cochrane (Life is a Highway! and in the Big League now) and to throw in some of that kid stuff........Gwen Stefani!

I will also do some of the Elliptical machine but only every other day....
Old 01-28-2005, 01:46 PM   #7  

You girls are so faithful with your exercise! Any little excuse works for me to forget completely about it. Our brand new elliptical is supposed to be delivered next Saturday and I AM looking forward to getting back into using it. Truly Vickie and Kathy, it is so much easier on the knees than the treadmill.

I also have the WATP tapes and they are good (although they get on my nerves because of the chit-chat ... I know I'm terrible so please don't be mad at me if you're a huge Leslie Sansone fan). When I am good about exercising, I generally do the 2-mile WATP for abs with the belt. I also have the 1, 2, and 3 mile set with the weight balls but those really get on my nerves so I almost never do any of those.

So, the extent of my exercising today will be cleaning the house once I get home. Not much of an achievement ... I applaud those of you who have exercised today and make yourself do it every day!

There's also a website ... something to do with the Presidential Fitness Challenge or something like that (I can find out the specifics if anyone is interested) ... where you log your daily activities and if you do a certain number of minutes of exercise a certain number of times per week for a certain number of weeks, you get a nice certificate or something equivalent from the president. It might be a nice personal goal if you're interested in that sort of thing.

Deborah
Old 01-28-2005, 02:13 PM   #8  

www.presidentschallenge.org

It looks really cool!!
Old 01-28-2005, 03:06 PM   #9  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Oh I want a certificate from the President? Do canadians count?

I have one of the (easier) WATP like one or 2 miles or something? (maybe 25 mins). And I readily admit to LIKING the Richard Simmons tapes - I have a couple (I think the 2nd and 3rd ones). I enjoy the "old" music and seeing people of different shapes and sizes (and not perfect models) exercising - and I really like "dancing" and these are more like that so I do enjoy them - okay maybe I should actually dig them out and do them??

Lazy Froufie
Old 01-28-2005, 03:20 PM   #10  

awesome.......i signed up just to track and see what each activity is worth! wow....
Old 01-28-2005, 03:53 PM   #11  

I tried the Richard Simmons tapes a little, and just couldn't do it! It looked really fun, but I'm not coordinated enough. I spent most of my time standing there, scratching my head, trying to figure out what was supposed to be next. The WATP tapes are REALLY easy for me to follow, but they do get boring after about a zillion viewings. I prefer walking outside, and if not outside, then on the treadmill.

Angela
Old 01-28-2005, 04:57 PM   #12  
Card Carrying Princess

S/C/G: 225/197/150

Ok - I signed up for the President's Challenge - isn't that cool? Now I guess I should exercise and complete my log? oh no!!!

Frouf
Old 01-28-2005, 05:25 PM   #13  

I signed up too. Hey, you know what? It says something about joining a group. I wonder if we could form one?!?
Old 01-28-2005, 06:41 PM   #14  

Here's what I need!

Angela
Attached Images
File Type: jpg capt.mp10101272125.fidgety_couch_potatoes_mp101.jpg (21.8 KB, 7 views)
Old 01-28-2005, 06:43 PM   #15  

I'm game (for joining a group on the President's Fitness thingy)! I need some motivation.

Angela
Closed Thread