Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-26-2005, 10:07 PM   #1  

Default Wrinkles....

I have lost about 15 lbs in the last month and have gone down to 205 and I have now noticed a awful thing on my face. Wrinkles around my eyes and deep pockets and sunken in eyes. Like im REAL tired…….will this go away…??? Im 44 and never had a wrinkle and was told I looked 30…Now I look 50 …..Lynn
SiliconValleyLyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2005, 10:29 PM   #2  
Uber-Moderator!!

Hi there (we're from the same area - Silicon Valley that is ).

I'm not a dermatologist but you might give the following a try (if you haven't already)...

Water, water, water...keep your body HYDRATED.
Always, ALWAYS wear an SPF.
My plastic surgeon would say - if you smoke - quit. If you don't smoke, don't start. Smoking is SO bad for your skin, and not just because of those puckery wrinkles that develop around the lips!
Somewhere in my freezer I have one of those eyemasks - chill it and rest for a few minutes with it over your eyes at the end of the day
PREPARATION H (in the tube, not the suppositories) is supposed to be great for eyebags.
Ask your doc to prescribe RETIN-A for you. I believe that our Meg (moderator at the Maintainers Forum) uses it, and she knows a LOT more about it than I do!

Check out this website - Yes They're Fake! (regarding breast augmentations) has a really good skincare page: http://yestheyrefake.net/skincare.html

And from the Cosmetics Cop (author of "Don't Go to the Cosmetics Counter Without Me"), here's her "Battle Plan for Wrinkles"
Quote:
There are no miracles when it comes to helping skin look smoother and reducing the appearance of lines. The classic treatment for sun damage, one with fairly impressive, well-researched and substantiated results, involves the following products (please refer to Don't Go to the Cosmetics Counter Without Me, 6th Edition for specific recommendations):

RETIN-A OR RENOVA (prescribed by your doctor or dermatologist) to change abnormal cell production (caused by repeated sun exposure) back to some level of normalcy.

AN EFFECTIVE AHA OR BHA PRODUCT to exfoliate the top layer of the skin. For AHA, I recommend glycolic or lactic acid with a concentration of 8% to 10%. Higher concentrations can cause irritation and inflammation (and should only be applied by a professional in the skin care field). For BHA, which exfoliates the skin’s surface and inside the pores, I recommend salicylic acid, the only effective form of BHA, in a concentration of 0.5% to 2%. Both AHA and BHA require a pH of 3 to 4 to be effective to exfoliate the top layer of skin.

A SKIN-LIGHTENING PRODUCT. That includes at least 1% to 2% Hydroquinone (over the counter) or 4% or greater (available from physicians). Hydroquinone improves the appearance of brown discolorations by inhibiting melanin production. AHA or BHA in the formulation is also beneficial to encourage cell turnover, but is not necessary if a separate AHA or BHA product is used. Many plant extracts are hyped as effective for blocking melanin production; however, the research for these extracts has not been done on human skin but rather in vitro (a test tube or Petri dish), and that doesn't necessarily translate to effectiveness when used by humans.

A GREAT, RELIABLE SUNSCREEN. The only way to determine the quality of a sunscreen is to check the SPF number on the label (it must be SPF 15 or greater), and the active ingredient label to make sure it has UVA-blocking ingredients of either titanium dioxide, zinc oxide, and/or avobenzone (also called Parsol 1789 or butylmethoxydibenzone), and, outside of the U.S., Mexoryl SX. This must be used every day for the rest of your life.

A GENTLE CLEANSER used twice a day won't change wrinkles, but keeping your skin clean and irritant-free helps the healing process.

A SOOTHING, LIGHTWEIGHT MOISTURIZER used over dry areas. Moisturizers help make skin look smoother, especially if it's dry, but use only the lightest texture and consistency that makes the skin feel soft. Overmoisturizing with layers of lotions and serums or using moisturizers that are too emollient and heavy for your skin type can hurt your skin.

All other so-called miracle anti-wrinkle products and ingredients are bogus, misleading, and completely without substantiation or proof for their claims. It's not that there aren't great skin-care products out there, there certainly are, but they won't permanently change wrinkles.

Paula Begoun
MrsJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2005, 10:54 PM   #3  
unabashed

S/C/G: 344/321/220

Height: 5'5

fat people generally look younger because the fat in yer face fills out the wrinkles, as you lose.... well. Ya know.
lottie63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2005, 08:52 AM   #4  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

My mom has recently lost 50 pounds and the excat thing has happened to her. My sister told her and I both about vitiam E oil which you can get at Walmart for around $10.00 a bottle (that is in Canada). It is working for me and it leaves your skin really soft.
little chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2005, 10:51 AM   #5  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

I actually dropped about 10 years from my age with weightloss. But while losing, I exercise reguarly, and I use a lot of lotions. But I use just general over-the-counter stuff. The best I've found, and I use it twice a day, is the Olay Reginerist.
almostheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2005, 03:36 PM   #6  

Thanks Everyone you have me some hope and good ideas too!! Lynn
Old 01-30-2005, 12:41 PM   #7  

Thumbs up update

My wrinkles have about gone now. i have upped the oil in my diet to a codliver capsule and to more olive oil and I have upped my water intake and I have been using my new estee lauder skin care for dry skin and a vit C scrub from the Body shop! Im not letting my skin do this.

Thanks All. I know I seem like a person who is paranoid about her face but I work so hard on it and have sense the age of 16. I have always used sun screen on my face from a kid and I just do not want to look like im 45! I want to look younger then my years.

thanks again,

Lynn

PS. I am really still loosing well and im so happy about it.......