Weight Loss Surgery If you've had it, or are considering it, share your discussions here

Old 01-26-2005, 11:42 AM   #1  
For my HEALTH...

Talking JiffyPop's 3rd Anniversary

It’s JIFFYPOP Time !!!!!

This Saturday Jan 29 is Jiffy’s 3rd Anniversary.

I wanted to start the ball rolling. I’m sure the rest of you will also jump in with posts and comments.

Jiffy I admire all the time and dedication you give to this Forum. You have helped so many here including myself.

You are a terrific leader & CONGRATULATIONS on your MONUMENTAL weight loss.

I also admire the fact that you are making this a life-long process and always trying new things like going to a gym or finding a helpful nutritionist that knows about WLS.

You’ve Come a Long Way Jiffy !!!

Warm Regards Your friend Pookie

Last edited by POOKIE88; 01-26-2005 at 11:50 AM.
POOKIE88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2005, 11:56 AM   #2  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Your an inspiration Jiff! I admire all you have done for everyone here,
and me too
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2005, 06:11 PM   #3  

Man oh man Jiffypoo, 3 years? Wowza! I have to agree with Pooks and Robin - you are pretty darn amazing. I think there's a whole book tucked between your cute little ears. When you write it, I want an autographed, personally delivered copy.

Chickadee, still and forever your secret admirer :grin:
Chickadee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2005, 09:37 AM   #4  

Pookie,

Three years! I think it's time for an update. What has changed during those three years? What hasn't? Any words of advice for those just beginning the journey?

I have enjoyed reading your posts here. In fact, I had hung out here on 3FC after my surgery (as well as for several years before, as I did the Weight Watchers thing over and over), but was hesitant to mention my WLS, lest I be publically drawn and quartered or something. I really do owe you so much for coming out and speaking about your WLS and giving me a forum here, once again. It has made a tremendous difference in my life.

Dawna
Dawnajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2005, 04:10 PM   #5  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY JIFFY !!!

AND HAPPY ANNIVERSARY TO YOU WHOM I HAVE MISSED

LOVE YOU ALL
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2005, 09:49 PM   #6  
Hang In There

The only thing I have to say is that we all miss you being around here like you used to be. I check every day to see if there are any grains of wisdom that you have left around for us.

congrats on 3 years!!!

ageoldie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2005, 02:59 AM   #7  

Congrats, Jiffy!!!!
My4Monkeys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2005, 07:21 PM   #8  
Old Cackler

thank you thank you thank you!!! it's been quite a day for reflection, for some reason. the word for right now is MAINTENANCE. some days it's hard, some day's it's easy. i feel so normal... for once. but i really have to get on the exercise stick. i haven't been going to the gym. and i've been slacking on the hiking/walking, and it's showing. not too serious right now, but my pants are getting a little snug. not a good sign.

but the real challenge for me these days is to get that mind-body connection going and working well. it's a big problem for many of us, and i have no answers whatsoever. i think a change in exercise regimen is in order, perhaps more along the lines of pilates or something.

all i know for sure is that it's NOT OVER. not by a long shot.

plastic surgery sometime this year, i hope. i've just been way too stressed to get on the stick with this. have to get the homelife and job a bit more settled first.

and barb, i'm sorry i haven't been posting much, but i promise that i've been checking several times a day.

in addition to some issues with the alzheimer's mom and work, i was becoming concerned that this forum was too much about ME and not enough about everyone else's issues. so i've been mostly observing, and posting occasionally

we should discuss where we'd like to see the forum move. a number of us have been around for quite awhile, and while we're always glad to help new folks get off on the right foot, we also know that this is a lifelong issue that we have to deal with.

so we need more collective wisdom IMO from us 'old folks'

let's talk!!!

in the meantime, all is well. thank goodness!!!! and i thank god every single day for 3fc and for the kindness and support i've always had on this forum...
jiffypop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2005, 10:02 PM   #9  

Oh, Jiff! I'm sorry I missed your anniversary!

You are one in a million, sweetie, and I am honored to have met you on these boards. To me you are the number one poster child for WLS. What you have acomplished and how far you have come is, truly, a daily inspiration to me in all aspects of my life. I have told your story to others many times and I always get choked up. Keep up the good works and don't worry about thinking things are too much about you, you, you. I don't see it that way at all. You humaness, normalness, every-day-womaness comes thru so clearly in your posts that I think that is what draws people here. It is your gift, Jiff, and I think that is what makes people say "I want what SHE has." So tell your story and help others and let that ripple effect continue to work.

Love ya,

Kel
Ms Spotdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2005, 02:25 PM   #10  

I'm with you Pookster and Jif. I would like to see us talk more about living our lives the best way possible after surgery and using our tools to their utmost advantage. I would like to see more talk about exercise and lifestyle changes that are working for people. I think it's kind of like having a baby - when you first get pregnant and up till delivery, it's all about the delivery and pregnancy. Then once you bring the bundle of joy home, you have to figure out the best way to raise the kid, instead of think about being pregnant. Your whole outlook changes, just like it does when you have WLS. That's what I'd like to see more focus on. Of course, it's still important to help people as they go through the process and help them from our experience.

Chickadee

p.s. Jif, I thought it was all about you. Have I been wrong all these years? Wait...oops, sorry, it's all about me!
Chickadee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2005, 03:51 PM   #11  

What a great analogy Chick! I remember not so long ago asking all those what to do before the surgery questions. It certainly has been a journey of self discovery ever since.
My4Monkeys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2005, 11:56 PM   #12  
Crazy Canuck

I'm so glad you "milked it" Pookie - seeing as I missed the celebration of this wonderful achievement the first time around!

Hope y'all don't mind a non WLS poster dropping in to congratulate dear Jiff, after all I do consider her my "joizy soul sister" and I'm so lucky to have met her in person and experienced all that wonderful wit and wisdom first hand!

3 years - you are simply amazing, woman!!! Look, the 3FC smilies agree with me!
Jillegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2005, 09:28 AM   #13  
Ilene the Bean

Jiffy -- Heard through the 3fc grapevine that it was your 3rd anniversary ... WOWser!! ... Sorry to hear of your tough times, but we are always here to listen, and you know that... I personally loved to hear about YOU and EVERYONE else for that matter on this forum....

Best regards
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2005, 02:29 PM   #14  

Hey Jiff!
I didn't know either! Kel pointed it out(we're still hangin' in at LC, even though we don't talk "diets" that much! LOL

I've actually met the JIFF-STER! IN poi-son (that's person in Joisy-talk)

She is as sweet and smart and beautiful in person as she comes across on the boards.

Jiff, you always have been an inspiration. You were a wonderful person BEFORE surgery, and you're a wonderful person now. You know. Surgery doesn't change who you are. You may be thinner, but you were pretty great before also! I know loosing was what you wanted, but for all of us with fat on us, it's what's inside that counts. And you are the best!

love,
dottie

hi to that skinny(is she so skinny she disappeared?)sister of yours!
sorry about the mom problems...I have been going thru them also- but things are OK>
dottiejon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2005, 09:40 PM   #15  
Mel

Hi Jiffy!
I'm late to the party big a great big CONGRATULATIONS on your third anniversary

I met Jiffy, too, in person in Joisey last year and she is as wonderful in person as her posting persona.

Yup, you're normal....it's the same for all of us, it's all about maintenance and it's never over.

Congratulations again!

Mel
Mel is offline   Reply With Quote