Weight Loss Support Give and get support here!

Old 01-26-2005, 12:17 AM   #1  

Default afraid to loss

I'am right now at 220 a couple of years ago I was 255. Now my skin looks bad and I want to loss weight but afraid to because of what I might look like after I loss all the weight. I hope this don't sound crazy but what should I do.
basic75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2005, 04:44 AM   #2  
aka Superwoman!

S/C/G: SW:226/16st - about 50lbs lost

Height: 5'8"

You will look gorgeous after you lose weight!!!

Think of all those fab clothes you could buy!!

Think of how healthy you'll feel inside... and look on the outside, shiney hair, clear skin etc!

Just go for it!
2frustrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2005, 08:44 AM   #3  

Some of the members here, I have noticed, have lost some big numbers. Do a lose skin search and read up, appears to be alot of disucssion about this.
lmatis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2005, 11:49 AM   #4  
Blonde Bimbo

S/C/G: 250+/144/135

Height: 5' 4"

There is a large thread on it somewhere. But basically, you can minimize loose skin with exercise. The amount of looseness will depend on how young you are, how elastic your skin is, how long you've been overweight, etc. It would be unrealistic to not expect some loose skin. You can also correct it with surgery afterward. But regardless of whether you have it or not, you will always look better at your ideal weight than you would overweight. You will also feel better, more energetic. I look at it as...loose skin you can hide under clothing, too much weight you can't.
almostheaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2005, 01:18 PM   #5  
and Cody too!

S/C/G: 265/245/165

Height: 5'6"

I know what you mean about being scared. I have lost almost 30 lbs now and at first I was scared of the loose icky skin, but the I realized that only myself and my husband will see me naked, and when I am overweight I look bad naked and fully dressed. At least if I lose weight I will look HOT dressed. I would rather have hidden skin rolls than bulging fat rolls for the whole world to see.
JennasMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2005, 01:46 PM   #6  

Do you think some of the loose skin will go. I know all of it want but some I hope because if I loss more, then the loose skin I already got would realy be big. Thanks for the help
Old 01-26-2005, 02:07 PM   #7  

The Skin FAQ is here: http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=36040

The others are right -- you can't worry about this issue, because there is no way to predict your individual final result. I COMPLETELY understand your frustration -- I've lost 160 pounds after being overweight all my life -- but being at a healthy weight with extra skin is a MILLION times better than being overweight with taut skin.
funniegrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2005, 03:34 PM   #8  

Cool

Don't let the fear of loose skin keep you from losing more weight. You can deal with it later. I lost a significant amount of weight five years ago and was surprised at the wrinkles (I'm in my 50s). But I was even more happy to get the face back that I hadn't seen in about 15 years because it was encased in fat. Go for it!
sapphire9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2005, 04:07 PM   #9  

I would feel better if I did loss the weight. I checked out the skin FAQ it helped thanks.