Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 01-24-2005, 06:46 AM   #1  
I CAN DO THIS

Default Monday Chat ~ jan 24

Good Morning Ladies

Half awake still this morning. Going to go make some coffee in a few minutes. I have to go to work early today so I am planning on doing some extra walking. I wish my moods would stop. One minute I am in a semi decent mood and the next I am in a rotten mood. Right now I wish I could just stop thinking about everything. S.'s truck goes in today so hopefully by Wednesday or Thursday I will have a vehicle to drive. I so hate asking for rides especially since where I work is 35-45 minutes from my house... ugg.

I am back on track for exercising so far 3 days in a row... and well my diet is there sorta. My girlfriend belongs to a church and this whole week they are trying to do fasting. I'm iffy about it but I told her I would "try" to do it with her. We are only allowed liquids.. so I am drinking alot of water. yesterday I had 70oz and I also had a coffee. So atm I am 1/7. I am calling my doctor tomorrow to make sure it's ok for me to be doing this.

Well I have to run.. Just wanted to drop in and say hello this morning.
Weigh in this morning was 144lbs.

Have a wonderful, safe and hopefully somewhat warm day
/hugs
Stephanie
Ashlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 10:27 AM   #2  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Good Morning

Stephanie, good to see your back on track. Your friend is fasting for an entire week?? or just meals during the week. I would be very careful it its fasting for more than one solid day. On occasion I also fast. One day I always fast is Good Friday, I just do it for spiritual reasons and I have to say, I feel REALLY good when I'm done Good luck.

Got some bad news this morning, DH's aunt died last night in her sleep, the poor thing has been fighting cancer and well, it won. But on the happier side, she is in no more pain and is with our Lord and Savior, Jesus... What a Celebration !!!!

Whats happenin in your world ?
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 01:07 PM   #3  

hi everyone hope you all had a great weekend. I woke up early and, in a really strange mood. I felt like I would come here and, feel all right admitting that. I am so glad to have a place to come to. Just a bad day...trying to stay busy..and, not take it out on anything or anyone.That's not right and, not fair. Soooo, I am taking a deep breath right this very second and, hoping to stay quiet and, stay cool and collected. I seem to be having the past 1 or maybe 2 weeks..panic like moments..which I do know about and, have had alot of experience with. I think sometimes I have the tools to deal with them..and, my mood...and, then I feel like today...for example...I am not doing well with them. OK OK .e n o u g h!! With all the things going on in the world ..I do not feel right acting like this. Well, thanks for the sounding board. I think this helped. I just feel sorry for those of you who have to read this! hahahahahahaha
bye now...and, I really hope you all are having an excellent day. love and, hugs from anna banana......
Anna-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 01:23 PM   #4  
Divine Gal

Default Good Afternoon Ladies

Leenie I am sorry for your loss.Will keep you and yours in my thoughts.

I woke up feeling weird this morning.Not in a bad mood or anything just weird.I lost another pound.This time its going slowly.Dh has school tonight; so I will here all by myself.Our hot water heater is broke down and we are waiting or them to come and fix it.hahaha
Its supposed to snow more today! YAY.....NOT

BBL
*hugs*
lynnie
lynnie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 01:35 PM   #5  

Leens, I am sorry about your hubby's auntie. Cancer can be a real tough opponent. I, like you...know she is in such a glorious place. Did she live close to you? and, does she leave a hubby behind?
Prayers and, thoughts and, hugs come to you and, yours.
bye now....anna
Old 01-24-2005, 02:04 PM   #6  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Hi Anna & Lynnie, thanks for the wishes. Yes, Jim's aunt lives about 15 minutes from us. Her DH is still with us but I'm afraid not for long. He is very sickly as well and now with this, we are kinda expecting him to leave us as well. I think they were hanging on for each other. She also leaves behind 6 children with ooodles of grand kids. Very sad because she is such a sweetheart.

Its really good to see you ladies
Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 02:43 PM   #7  
Oooo Silly Me!

Hello Everyone!

Stephanie – Hey there, way to go with staying on program. I too have gottenback on track I think a week now. Every so often I tend to *plop* off… but seems like the longer I’m off for those short periods, the longer my program stays on program. (heheh if that made any sense )

Leenie - *big big hugz* I’m sorry to hear about your DH’s aunt. You guys will be in my prayers and I’m sending warm wishes your way!

I had a busy weekend. I was hoping to get back home to do some homework *grr* but at least I got some stuff done (on the brighter side heheh). I guess the darker side is I have to cram all my work into today. So if I disappear, just call 911, let them know that the pile of books on the floor with two feet stick out is just me. A little CPR here and there, and I should be good as new!

Sunday my parents and I decided to try out the new church that is near my parents home. I got the new flyer for it and said mass was at 10:30 a.m. So we show up at about 10:20 and guess what. Mass had already started!? That was strange, then when we find our seats, guess what! Mass was in Spanish. So we’re sitting there and ’m like this isn’t right so I speak with the lady next to me and she says, this is the Spanish mass, the English mass is at noon. So we leave… yikes heheh, when we get home we look at this flyer again… well this flyer was wrong! Not a good start for the church Eventually we show up at the right mass and press on with our days. I have to say tho, I don’t think I’m impressed with the set up of this new church. It’s suppose to be muliti-functional, so we don’t have pew’s just chairs. Usually during communion you whip out the knee bench and you are kneeling, we just stat there. I guess I just have to get used to the new ways. This church definitely wasn’t as crowded, usually my original church we have people standing out in the hallway because there is no seating. Hopefully this new church alleviated some of their overflow.

I lost a pound this week. I think this is good… not to fast like last time. Did I mention my really fun and frustrating roller coaster ride?? Well hopefully this pound stays off… I’m really ready to get off this roller coaster ride. Maybe I might need to drop my calorie intake by another 100 or 200. Maybe that will help with the roller coaster… or even exercise more. That DDR game is getting addicting! I did that for 30 minutes and it told me that I jogged about 1.3 miles (I’ll just say I walked it since it’s really only counting the steps I took). Then I did a 15 minute WATP video for another mile. I’m not sure how many miles I’ve done this month, but I know Cathy has got my beat big time *wink* I’ll start keeping track next month heheh..

Everyone have a great day!
SueMarie301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 03:08 PM   #8  
Oooo Silly Me!

OOH! One more question...

Does pepper really help burn fat? or burn calories? My mother (who is Thai) keeps telling me to eat more pepper so I can burn that fat...

Anyone know anything about this? I'm gonna try to do some research on this and see what I come up with...

Thanks...
Sue...
SueMarie301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 03:21 PM   #9  

Hi everyone

It is a beautiful day here today.....+9C....the sun is shining.
DH & I were up early....went to coffee with friends....then went & walked at the multiplex.

I have had a problem with shin splints....only in my right leg....whenever I walk....today we walked a little slower....because DH's ankle was bothering him.....I didn't have shin splints when I walked today.....so I guess....I will just have to walk a bit slower.

DH is working on the living room....the rugs have been taken out....all the furniture....we went & looked at paint samples yesterday.....he has already bought laminate flooring....also when it is done...we will be putting new curtains up & new paintings on the walls.

Leenie....so sorry to hear about your DH's aunt's passing.

Anna-1....I don't remember you....so welcome.

Lynnie....congrats on losing 1 more lb.!!!!!!!!!!!

Sue....congrats on losing 1 lb.!!!!!!!!!!!!

April
april99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 04:22 PM   #10  

Smile Thanks, April!

Thanks for the welcome, April. you sound like you are very busy re-doing you precious home. wonderful! I am looking forward to doing some of those things as well come spring. You must have wonderful weather there in Canada, right? I think I always think of Canada as all cold... see how much I know about Canada?
I see you are a member since Aug 2002. I was in 2001 I believe. I probably just missed you coming to the forum. I chatted then...I didn't really know about the forum. That is how I met Leenie, ruthxxx, tippy and, a few other wonderful people. I have been just e-mailing for a couple of years. So, I thought I would find some wonderful friends old and new...by coming to the forum. Leens has always been the best of friends. so, she invited me to "come on in". I can tell there are as many nice people here as there was in chat years ago. I was so very new at computers..{still not that good} ..but, the very first chat room I tried..I lucked out. so, thanks again April...and, I look forward to getting to know you and, many others. Bye now and, hope the rest of your day is wonderful.
Bye now....anna banana byeeee
Old 01-24-2005, 04:59 PM   #11  

Anna.....it isn't always cold here in Canada....but it is some of the time in the winter.....it was just last week or the week before....it was -35C....or about -22F....now that was really cold.

April
april99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 06:51 PM   #12  
Divine Gal

Sue I have also heard that pepper helps with weight loss.They say it alot on Food Network.
lynnie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 06:59 PM   #13  

Talking hi april

hi April,
geeze..I guess it DOES get cold there!!!!! I would have to be jumping up and, down to keep warm. burrrrr. Are you a native of Canada? I know you all get used to that, but, oh myyyyy!!!
hope you had a great day todayand, hope you have a toasty evening. stay warm!!! bye now.anna
Old 01-24-2005, 07:35 PM   #14  
I CAN DO THIS

Hello Everyone.

Well I am off the fasting at least for tonight and tomorrow. I will probably do it again on Wed and Thursday since I have to work 12:30-9:30 both nights. I felt good but I feel so much better now that i've had something to eat.

Leenie ~ Big hugs.. I'm sorry to hear about your husband's Aunt.

well I have to go get the kids ready for bed and the house somewhat cleaned up before S. gets home.

/hugs
Stephanie
Ashlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 07:50 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

good evening gang!

I had a really busy day today! didn't get a chance to play on the computer. Just wanted to drop in and say "hi".

CONGRATS to those that mentioned a weight loss! that is awesome! and congrats to the rest of our gang who are working on it.

later gaters
hugs,
cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote