Old 01-22-2005, 07:34 AM   #1  

Default Time For Serious Fun #95

TIME FOR SERIOUS FUN

We are a thread dedicated to making losing weight a pleasant experience. We laugh, cry and talk together. We have challenges, points for staying on program, drinking our water, and exercising. We have a daily topic to join in. Our only focus is to help us realize that dieting and all that goes with it need not be unpleasant, but can be fun. Come join the fun here at Time for Serious Fun! Everyone is Welcome!

TOPICS:

Monday: Mission Monday New mission each week
Tuesday: Target Tuesday We target something to work on
Wednesday: Wednesday's Woes Our day to complain about anything and everything
Thursday: Time for Us Thursday The day set aside to pamper us!
Friday: Fabulous Lbs Down Friday. Report our losses!
Saturday: Sunny Thoughts Saturday We share stories and jokes to help us smile
Sunday: Silly Poll Sunday A new poll to give your thoughts to every week

POINTS VALUES:

STAYING ON PROGRAM IS 2 POINTS
DRINKING YOUR WATER IS 1 POINT
EXERCISING IS 1 POINT

POSTING A WTG: A WTG IS WHEN SOMETHING NON WEIGHT LOSS HAPPENS TO YOU LIKE A NEW DRESS IN A SMALLER SIZE. TO POST A WTG, USE ALL CAPS AND POST IT IN PINK. FOR EXAMPLE: WTG: I rode my bike 2 miles instead of one today.
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2005, 07:37 AM   #2  

SATURDAY: Today is Sunny Thoughts Saturday. What do you hae to share with us?

I will probably not be back in here today girls. I am not feeling well at all and it is probably that nasty pizza from yesterday. They should shoot Chuck E Cheese!

I will catch up points and such tomorrow.

Congrats to the losers, Amanda and Carri!

Faye
Old 01-22-2005, 03:20 PM   #3  
2006 - Panda Remix

Hi all,

Just popping in to claim my 4 points for yesterday

Faye - I'm glad that you contacted the management company about the rats - it takes it out of your hands now. Hope you feel better soon.

Nikki - thanks for the advice about my weight loss. I know it will come off eventually if I stick with it - it's just that I always hear of people who lose large amounts in the first few weeks of dieting, where i struggle to lose 2lb It can be really disheartening and I usually lose all motivation and give up - but NOT THIS TIME!!

Have a nice weekend all

Love Amanda x
Amanda Panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2005, 08:13 AM   #4  

SUNDAY: NO SILLY POLL THIS WEEK

POINTS FOR YESTERDAY:

Amanda I am SOOOOOO proud of you!

Have a good day girls. I am still under the weather so will check in tomorrow

Faye
Old 01-23-2005, 10:15 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 249/215/165

Height: 5/5

Faye, 6 month goal 25 wich is half of the 50. So now I only have 20 left yeah!
gigglez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 07:32 AM   #6  

MONDAY: Today is Mission Monday and our Mission this week is to strive for those 4 pters. We have one week until our goal weigh in so let's make it a good one girls!

Peek in at you later

Faye
Old 01-24-2005, 07:35 AM   #7  

Morning everybody

Wow, Sandy G, you're like, almost in Onederland!!!! I'm so jealous

I had a totally crappy weekend. DD's birthday party was supposed to be on Sunday, but they were calling for a huge blizzard. SO we cancelled just to be safe. And we got like, 1" of snow. GRRRR.......I cancelled her cake and everything. So, I ended up making a homemade birthday cake, which tasted good but I ate way too much sugar all day long! Plus I had a raging headache, so no exercise. BLEH!

I'm going to work really hard this week, and MAYBE I'll get close to the month's goal.

TTFN,
Julie
Mirabelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 10:41 AM   #8  
It is what it is...

Morning All... well my back is killing me...if you can believe it all I did was bend over to get into the oven, and well I guess I didnt bend my knees either, to get some chicken out and poof...back pain...it was really hurting bad Sat and Sunday but is feeling somewhat better today, a little ...
It is funny because everytime I start to lose a little weight my back starts hurting, I know it has to do with the fat shifting and different muscles in the back carrying it, but it is still depressing and painful...the things we girls go through to lose weight...

All in all I had a good weekend, one no pointer on Saturday...me and dh got crazy and made a White Castle run late Sat night, bad Carri but then got right back on and had a 3 pointer on Sunday, needless to say no exercise this week with the back...

Faye - Glad you got some resolution with the rodent mess...hope you are feeling better.

Julie - I was craving cake and ice cream so badly all weekend, reading your post has just made it worse, ha ha

Nikki - glad you are feeling better, I have never had Jack in the Box but have heard of it...hamburgar and fries place right? We do not have any around here...

Amanda - You are doing so well, you CAN do this!!!

Sandy and Sandy - Hi to you both!!!

Later Girls, keep me and my back in mind
Satine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 10:43 AM   #9  

Good morning ladies,
Hope everyone had a great weekend. Mine was pretty good...I did more than my share of completely insane kid stuff. I keep having this stabbing pain in my side, so I have been feeling pretty blah all weekend. My friend flipped out and told me to go to the hospital cuz its the side my appendix is on, and she says thats what hers felt like when she had appendicidis. I dont think it is because the pain isnt dabilitating or anything its just slightly uncomfortable. If it doesnt go away in a day or two i will make an appointment.
Well i just wanted to stop in really quickly since i hadnt posted all weekend, yall have a great day!!
Nikki
desertseatingoceans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2005, 12:19 PM   #10  

Boy, we are one pathetic group today, huh? I have a sinus infection and sore throat so I feel awful (guess that is really what it was Friday night and all weekend.) Anyway, can't bend over, go out in the cold or anything.

Carri: Hope you get to feeling better soon. Try some of those body wrap things you can buy at the pharmacy. They do a great job of making you feel better. They have like Ben Gay, Icy HOt kind of stuff in them.

Julie: I am so sorry you dd's party became a bomb. How awful for her. I know I talked to my sister who lives north of Carri about 3 hours and they are snowed under and the temp is horrible.

Nikki: Keep a close eye on yourself. If it is appendix, it will grow worse AND it does not go away. If you start vomiting, get to a hospital because it is serious. Don't go more than a day with that kind of pain hurting constantly as it could be something serious.

Everyone have a good day.

Faye
Old 01-24-2005, 05:24 PM   #11  
2006 - Panda Remix

Hi all,

Can't stay long as his lordship has only granted me 5 mins on the computer!

I got 3 points on Sat and 4 points yesterday - I really pushed it on the exercise bike by doing a bit of interval training. Usually I do 30 mins on level 2, but yesterday I did a mixture of levels 2, 3, 4 and 5, so it was like hill climbing. The level 5 was quite tough and I can feel it in my calves today - but I need great calves if I'm going to get into that dress!

Sorry you're all feeling crappy - I feel like I might be on the verge of coming down with something myself actually.

Love Amanda x
Amanda Panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 06:30 AM   #12  

TUESDAY: Today is Target Tuesday and our target this week is health. Let's work on making our health better through diet, exercise and water.

POINTS FOR YESTERDAY:

Amanda

check in later

Faye
Old 01-25-2005, 10:57 AM   #13  

Hi everyone!

3 points yesterday, only about 1/2 the water I needed. But I'm not dehydrated, so I'm okay.

I just finished a doing a new video I picked up at the grocery store. It was called "Pilates band workout" and it was cheap! Guess you get what you pay for. It was way too easy, too short and had very little actual pilates in it. Bummer. But I did it, and I feel loosened up...more like I had a good warm up. If anyone is interested in an easy 20 minute exer-band tape (vhs), let me know and I'll send you this one. I probably won't ever watch it again. I would think it's great for someone with very little upper-body muscle tone who wants to ease-into strength training.

Anyway, it's sunny today and relatively warm (10 I think)...so I'll probably go out for a walk later...and bring in the wood for the day. I'm already drinking the water, so I won't forget. Hopefully, today will be a 4 pointer.

Nikki--hope you're feeling better!

Amanda--way to go on your exercise! Keep it up!!

TTFN everyone,
Julie
Mirabelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 12:38 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 249/215/165

Height: 5/5

Sounds as if everyone is ill this week. I might as well join in the sinus problem is back. I think that it is time to go to an ENT to see if there is something that can be done about this. Am on my way out to work catch everyone as soon as I am able to take a break.

sandy
gigglez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 12:57 PM   #15  
It is what it is...

Afternoon All ... yeah it seems as though sinus problems are going around, huh?? Must be the weather, I know here that it is so back and forth with cold and warm that your sinus' can never really know what is going on, plus I have alot of allergy problems so it is hard to keep my sinus' feeling good.
My back is feeling better today, I know that everyday it will feel a bit better...I am sitting here at work eating my lunch, I am addicted to lite bologna sandwiches with cheese...could have them everyday...just might I did not get any points yesterday, well maybe one for water...I went over my fat and calories for the day with some peanut butter m&m's, have you had these? They are so good...luckily I finished them off last night so there will be no more temptation...

Sandy/Gigglez - Sorry to hear about your sinus problem, hope you feel better soon!!

Julie - That is the thing, sometimes you spend money on these exercise videos and dvd's and then they are not that great...I really like the Walk Away the Pounds dvd's ( also comes in video ), the 2 and 3 mile workouts are really hard and really get your heart rate up...the one mile is just for beginners but is still pretty good...

Amanda - Great job on the exercise bike - way to push yourself, you must really, really want this Keep it up!!!

Faye - Also sorry to hear that you are under the weather, take care and just relax today...feel better soon!!

Nikki - Hope your side starts feeling better... like Faye said if you start vomiting or have a fever better go get it checked out asap ... take care...

I hope we all feel better quickly, keep your spirits up Girls!!!! Talk to you all later!!!
Satine is offline   Reply With Quote