South Beach Diet Fat Chicks on the Beach!

Closed Thread

Old 01-20-2005, 07:02 AM   #1  
I vant to draw your blood

Default Thursday Chat on the Beach 01/20

Good morning, Chicks~~

It's warmed up a bit. 34* with a "feels like" of 28* Still BRRR!! But not as bone chilling as the past two days. Dry as a bone, though. Bloody noses and chapped lips reign.

Went out and got the soundtrack to Phantom of the Opera last night. This is my second CD. Wore out the first. Don't know what it is, but that music just gets inside my skin. ALW really outdid himself on that one.

Other than that, not much excitement around here. The dogs look like a pair of bookends on the sofa, sound asleep, curled up, butt-to-butt.

I'm eating an entire can (I know, canned isn't the healthiest) of green beans for lunch and having a big salad for supper, while the others have canned chili.

Okay, gotta get moving.

Hope you all have a great day on the Beach!

Mamacita

Last edited by Mamacita; 01-20-2005 at 07:12 AM.
Old 01-20-2005, 07:15 AM   #2  
A Lily from my yard!

Good Morning Chickies! Just a lil drive by this morning.

Mama... have you seen the movie already? Is it good? I want to go see it.

I'll cruise by later. Have a great OP day all!
Old 01-20-2005, 07:31 AM   #3  
Ready to Change

S/C/G: 170/160/125

Height: 5 ft

Morning chicks......it is storming here again today....no school for the second time this week. I am not sure who was more excited DH who drives school bus or the girls. Me not so excited It is really blowing but not much snow yet although they say the storm is not going to hit til lunch time. Well atleast we will have lots of snow for skiing on sunday. It will be our first time to the mountain this winter. Well this is going to be short again today I want to clean out my closet and I need to go around the house making sure there is nothing for the new baby to get into. He will be arriving on Sunday night. We are thinking about calling him Jack. I am not sure how are Jake is going to take to him or the cat I am sure it will be crazy for the first few days. I will post pictures of him when we get him. Well have a great day chicks I will try to get back in later but with a house full of excited children that can't even go out to burn off some energy will prove to be interesting and hair pulling.
Old 01-20-2005, 07:38 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 186/147/135

Height: 5'1"

I just discovered Jake killed my begonias and impatiens that I had on the sunporch! He turned off the heat out there, claiming there was no sense heating the room if we weren't going to be out there. Darn, and I had been babying those plants since summer, MEN!!!!
I got my snow, and slid all the way home yesterday afternoon. The roads were really slippery and PENN-DOT doesn't treat them til it stops snowing, so there were accidents all over the place. I was shaking by the time I pulled into the driveway and just glad I made it home in one piece! I'm waiting til afternoon before I venture out today for groceries. I wonder if Jake had any problems getting to work last night? BTW, I finally posted the Deep Dish Pizza recipe under Phase 1 Entrees. Hope you all enjoy it, we thought it was great! I'm not sure what I'm fixing for supper tonight, what's everyone else having?

Mamacita, I love the music from Phantom of the Opera! Turn it up and enjoy!

Bamie, You're up early this morning, are you feeling better sweetie?

Barb, You are doing remarkable, and are a great source of inspiration for me!

Little Chick, What fun, a 4-legged baby! Looks like you're going to be kept pretty busy for a while.

A big WELCOME! to all the newcomers on the Beach!
Old 01-20-2005, 08:04 AM   #5  
someday 145

S/C/G: 286/ticker/145

Morning Morning Morning; UGGG!!!! Sometimes I dislike morning. DH thought I was sleeping in this morning and made the GB's their breakfast. I had just hit the snooze button. The scale finally went down those 2 pounds I had gained. Drinking water does help. I had 60 oz. yesterday. Will have to do that everyday. I am such a diet soda drinker. I will work on having a glass of water instead. I always have a drink with me. I am not a coffee or tea drinker. Staying in today. DS car broke down on his way home from work, so he has my van. That is a worry for me, since it cost me such a pretty penny. DS is accident prone. Although they are not his fault. He has had 6 or 7 accidents since he learned to drive. Everytime I see his cell number come up on the caller ID, I think here we go again. DH is out there in the 35* cold fixing his car for him. They both are couriers so they really need a car. They are self employed.

Little chick-- what kind of puppy are you getting. I have 4 dogs and a cat.
Mama -- enjoy your music.
Cottage -- I lost most of my plants also. DH had put heavy plastic around the porch for me to protect them, but, it keeps blowing loose. I have green starts at the base, so keeping the dead there to help protect the new growth.

Well, time to get myself in gear and start some chores. Will cruise by later.
Old 01-20-2005, 08:07 AM   #6  
Trapped Skinny Person

Good morning chickies.

I haven't been exactly good lately - getting into the groove of a new job and letting other aspects of my life (like food prep) slide.

I have been brown-bagging it - but just not with the best choices - so I have saved money but not cut calories or fat.

I once again plan to get organized this weekend after grocery shopping. I need to up the veggie consumtion again. I have it all at home but am getting to lazy to prepare them.

I did however, get on the bike a few times so far this week and the new job requires me to walk more too.

Thank you all for keeping me motivated and Jen if you are reading - I will miss you - make sure you visit often

Raising my coffee cup to the lot of you - have a good day all.

Kim
Old 01-20-2005, 08:29 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 208/196/150

Height: 5'7

Morning ladies, today started off crappy. My daughter didn't wanna get dressed for school this morning, and after she finally did she cried because she lost her book. I'm hoping the day gets better as it goes on. I'm going to do my tae bo and clean up a little.
It's in the 30's here this morning (I'm in Georgia for those who don't know) I'm cooking Chili tonight, Yummy! Hope you ladies have a great day!

Started South Beach on Jan 02, 2004
Valentines Mini Goal 165
Old 01-20-2005, 08:34 AM   #8  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

I'm on doggie nurse duty this morning so will be quickbut don't count on it!

Hersh came home after 5 yesterday and was carried into the house by Leslie the Super Sweet Vet! We put her on the couch with a pillow and blankie and she was still there this morning at 6! I got up three times during the night to check her for breathing. She is extremely dopey this morning but did manage to get off the couch and flop in front of the stove. Lucy is very upset and keeps barking at her mum trying to wake her up to play. Hersh is semi-awake - when you pet her, she rolls onto her back a bit so you can rub her chest. She has also had two popsicles for the liquid. Yup, I gave my dog Frankenfood. I guess she is going to have to pee sometime - it's been 24 hours. I am planning to stick around today although Jane will still come. Jane is here to care for Harry, not hold a doggie paw.

The visit with the Physiotherapist went well. She says I have good strength in the legs and knee and that the problem is not just arthritis but still some tendon damage and inflammation. I forget the term but there is liquid around the joint. So it's Advil for inflammation and Tylenol for pain. She suggested taking 2 Advil four times a day to keep the inflammation in check. I have a series of exercises to do and am to get on the treadmill, wearing the knee support, for two five minute sessions per day. I can't believe I am actually exercising - me! the girl who did almost anything to get out of gym class during high school! I get to see her again in three weeks.

So...new morning schedule is in effect. I will do treadmill before I get dressed in the morning, maybe even before the Girls wake up. This morning I am screwed up because of doggie duties so I need to get dressed first to take out the dump stuff. Then I'll do the treadmill, shower and decide what I'll do while Jane is here. It depends on Hersh but I may take a run over to the Library and to the dealer. Of course, there's always sewing.

I'll pop in later to catch up on all the Beach Chat.
Old 01-20-2005, 09:11 AM   #9  

amb_lyn - If you BP is high, you really should see your doctor about it. I hated having to take medicine but it is so much better than having a heart attack. When my doctor put me on meds, my BP was 160/110 and she was seriously worried about me. I'm glad to see you monitor it yourself though.

Ruth - Hope Hersh feels better soon. I know how much you worry about her.

Me - I was up in the middle of the night with my son who had wet the bed. DH had him strip totally down and stand in a cold bathroom and then wondered why he was crying! Once he and his bed was changed and he was warm again he was back asleep really fast but it took me a few hours to get back to sleep. Oh, well, he rarely wets the bed and it gets less often as he gets older.

Most of my livingroom is tiled now. I just need to do the partial pieces around the edges and then I need to see if DH can get the video cabinets moved so I can do there. In a few weeks we will have a friend come over so we can tackle moving the big TV and entertainment center. My back is sore just from the two sofas.
Old 01-20-2005, 09:21 AM   #10  
Amber

S/C/G: 180/165/130

Good Morning Ladies~

Another early morning around here. Just once, I'd like to sleep in on a weekday. HAHA
I'm a bit swollen this morning, must've been those yummy pickles I snacked on yesterday. I know better, but yet, I could'nt resist them and do you think I could stop at one? Nooo. LOL LOTS of water for me today to try to get rid of all the excess. They were soooo goooood though. I love them even though I shouldn't eat them due to the sodium.

Kiddo is off to school, baby watching Sesame Street so I thought I'd pop in and check in. Lots of housework I should do today. We shall see. Off to work at the restaurant again tonight....Hoping to resist temptations. Breadsticks looked soooooo good Tues. night.... I will stick to my grilled chicken salad tonight. I can do it!!

Thanks Barb. I've been on medications several times. I don't let 1 or 2 readings scare me into going back to the doctor. I wait a full week and see how it runs. It was down last night into normal range. The last time I had high BP, it was 170's/110's. At age 25.

I hope everyone has a FANTASTIC OP day!!
Old 01-20-2005, 09:26 AM   #11  

Height: 5'-2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruthxxx
I forget the term but there is liquid around the joint.
I believe it's called, "Housemaid's Knee".
Old 01-20-2005, 09:53 AM   #12  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

Smarty pants! I just did my paltry little five minutes on the treadmill, Hershey has eaten a scrambled egg and drunk some milk so I am going to soak in the tub for a bit. It's a gorgeous sunny day out there but we won't talk about the temperature, OK?
Old 01-20-2005, 10:27 AM   #13  
Gotta move my Thang!

Just finished reading through yesterday's chat -

Anchor, you rock da house! Onederland - it's my dream! You did it, you fabulous wonderful lady, and I can too!

Barb - congrats on being down on the BP meds - I am in the same boat as you used to be (3 meds) and I'd like to get down/off them ASAP. I see my doc tomorrow, so I'll be interested to see if there's any change even though I've only been eating like this for three weeks.

Ruth - you have start somewhere! Any exercise is better than none, and you are working your knee now so that you can kick tushie down the road. Keep up the good work!

Everyone else, good morning! Hope you are well! Have a lovely day!
Solarmama
Old 01-20-2005, 10:43 AM   #14  

Hello everybody! I am the newbie today. I posted my Intro in another thread. I am happy to read the threads and start to get to know you ladies. Yesterday I read through 6 pages of the FAQ section and today I am buying the SBD book. Going to start phase 1 on Sunday or Monday. I can't decide which.

Anyway just taking a mini-break at work while I wait for some things to finish up so I can move on to the next thing. I hope you all have a good day.
Old 01-20-2005, 11:41 AM   #15  
I can do this!

Height: 5'11"

Good Morning, chicks!

Mama: I hear you...chapped lips here too! Are you a vegetarian, or just trying to avoid meat today?

Hi, Bamie!

LC are you adopting a puppy? Fill me in! Congrats on the snow day...that sounds nice here...we're all at work!

Cottage, your poor flowers! Sorry that happened. Men are clueless sometimes. Stay safe in that snow...it can be scary out there!

Chipper, hope DS keeps the car safe and DH can fix the car quickly! It's too cold to be out there fiddling with metal parts!

Bups, you and I need to combine our skills! I'm eating great by not exercising! Great for you for getting on that bike and doing more walking! Keep it up!

Jenn, I bet life will look much better after some Tae Bo!

Ruth, so glad Hersh is okay! What was the surgery for? Hope she feels much better soon! It's so hard to see your babies sick! So glad that some of your knee pain is treatable. And I know what you mean about exercising...I was always trying to get out of it, too!

Barb, be careful with your back!

Amb_lyn, I love pickles too! My friend who has to watch sodium says that washing them off in water first really helps lower the sodium. Just a hint. Hope all is okay with your BP!

Hey, Ellis!

Solarmama, you are so supportive! :

Welcome, geekchick! I'm so glad you are reading the book first! That is so important! So is stocking up your kitchen and getting rid of bad food. That helps you stay on track. Check out the recipe forum for lots of great ideas!

Me:
I'm going to Jazzercise today. And I'm going to the gym tomorrow morning even if I only get one minute of sleep. I am determined to break this cycle of "non-exercising"!!!

Didn't get any homework done last night. Instead, cuddled with DH and the dog, watched some of Alias (fascinating...never watched it before) and got absorbed in my used copy of Wicked by Gregory Maguire. It's really, really good!

My FIL sent a care package to us, filled with 10 slivers of Splenda cheesecake for me. I had one at lunch two days ago, and another yesterday at lunch. Last night I had a fudgesicle and pistachios (we're out of PB) and then later that night I snuck downstairs and had another slice of cheesecake. I need to stop this extra eating! I am falling back into bad habits, and the scale popped up with 222 for me to remind me.

So, back to plan...no more extra snacks and a lot more exercising. Starting now!!! I had to go to observe a class at a school a couple blocks away and we walked there and back in spite of the freezing weather! I know I can do this, and I feel so much better when I do. Could you chickies send some strong "stay out of the cheesecake" vibes my way tonight? : Thanks!

Have a great day!
Closed Thread