Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 01-19-2005, 10:01 AM   #1  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Default Wednesday Chat ~ Jan 19

Good Morning Gang!
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2005, 10:03 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

so how is everyone today?

It looks like it is REALLY COLD up north! wow! how do ya'll survive those really cold temperatures?

I got up at 5 and did another 30 minute Walk & Jog video (2.5 miles) and then 50 situps. Jan Miles = 23

lots of stuff to do around here. gonna run and will check back later.

hope everyone has a BLESSED day!

hugs,
cathy
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2005, 10:25 AM   #3  

Default Off to bed

Last night for awhile>............thank goodness...........gonna sleep a bit today........hanging in there........see you all in a few hours.

Liz
liz321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2005, 10:42 AM   #4  

Default Good morning

At work, water in hand! Going to try and figure out an exercise routine for me in the AM. My motivation stinks! I've got to get control of something!

Cathy, I'm going to use the food log. I just pray that no one passes out at what I put in for now. But I think it will help me to get a grip and see what I'm eating. Can't do the LA Weightloss anymore!

Hope everyone has a great day!
Janie
Janie61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2005, 10:42 AM   #5  
Focus on the Process

S/C/G: 247/247/165

Height: 5' 8"

Okay...okay...okay...
I'm a slacker and haven't posted much. My husband is taking a vacation from work this week so he's home and that doesn't leave much time for my computer family. Darn it. Oh well, we're getting some much needed stuff done around the house. I guess that's what counts.

I haven't been getting much exercise in but I'm at least not eating to bad the last couple of days. Monday was a disaster with my eating...but I really don't want to go into that.

Back to the painting and stuff. I'll catch up with you guys later.

~chris
chrily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2005, 11:21 AM   #6  
KO
In Pursuit of Divatude!

Hey Ladies
DH was home yesterday with a migraine
and I had a sinus headache so no puter time for me! WE ate healthy food but DH made the portions BAAAAAD i have a hard time not being a member of the clean plate club
Today is my first driving lesson!!! yay and Its an Iceberg here in Jersey
I will bbl
Kierie
KO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2005, 11:33 AM   #7  
CIN

Hi Gals
Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrr it is cold in Ky. today!

I woke early and didnt have too ..isnt that they way it ?)

I have paid some bills.balanced the check book.did my 30min WTP tape with cans of corn for weights cause I didnt feel like finding the weights! Now I am ready to shower and move forward with the day.

We are waiting on a call and then have to fly to Dallas.............I have the bags almost ready to go.

The WWer meetings have had large numbers this week.I hope everyone hangs in there,,,,,,,,,it is POSSIBLE to lose weight and keep it off! My mbr that was on Good Housekeeping came to the meeting yesterday and shared.that was insring!

Toodle looooooooooooooooooo
CIN~
CIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2005, 12:07 PM   #8  
Moderator & Happy Chick

Height: 5' 10"

Peek A Boo!!

I See You !!

Leenie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2005, 01:48 PM   #9  
Divine Gal

Hey ladies.Not going to be on long; I really feel bad today.trying to eat alittle better then what I did last night.I had some really great broccoli and cheese soup from Tastefully Simple.Dh even liked it and he is one that rather have homemade soup.He is going to take the rest to school for lunch tomorrow because it is his long day.

I hope everyone is doing well.
*hugs*
lynnie
lynnie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2005, 06:57 PM   #10  
Oooo Silly Me!

Afternoon Everyone

Janie – Hehehe no one will pass out! I used to think the same thing. Most of the people I see on there are doing like a 1200-1600 calorie diet. I spoke with a regular doctor at Cat State and they told me I was cutting back way to much. I was doing a 1600-1800 calorie diet, when to maintain my weight, I was probably taking in about 3200 or more calories a day. I wasn’t able to see a nutritionist, but the regular doctor says I was cutting back to much to soon. So I figured if I’m taking in about 3200… I would cut down to approx 2600 calories. I know if I posted what I eat every day people would be like HOLY COW!!! So chin up! Yer not alone in feeling the way you do… believe me *big hugs* I don’t post in the food log forum, but I have a program called Diet Power which is like fitday.com (if you have ever seen it) its basically a program that keeps track of the food I eat for me. I just enter in what I ate, how much water I take in and also it keeps track of my exercise too.. So if I eat 2000 calories and exercise 200 calories off, it will fix my total calories for the day and make it 1800. It’s a pretty good program, I liked fitday.com, but this program is like fitday.com only a bit better. I use this program and I also use calorieking.com it’s a great site where you can look up certain food items like say I had a Fanta Grape Slurpie (tee hee hee) and I wanna know the nutritional info on it. I go to calorieking.com and I can look it up. It doesn’t have everything there, but I know it has Fanta Grape Slurpies *evil grin* Then I can enter the infrmation into the food dictionary on my diet power food database and enter it into my food journal. Heheh sorry, I know I said more than you needed to hear <G> I guess I went off on a tangent hehehe…

Chris – housework is exercise any little bit of activity helps. I just got done cleaning up my place… it’s still a bit of a pig sty, but it’s getting there. Have fun painting

CIN - creativity is always a good thing hehehe… I used to use 20oz water bottles heheheh… but hey! It works

Leenie – AHH! BOO!

Well today has so far been a good day… I really blew my control last night with my binge eating… but slowly… slowly things will get back to order. Baby Steps! I found out today that even though I’m not quite a teacher yet, as an instructional assistant, and being part of the teachers union (one of the many) I get a discount at certain health clubs, one of which is Curves. Membership services says I can get around 20% to 60% off so I’m really thinking about calling Curves and finding out how much they would cost for me. I just concerned tho because I don’t make that much money… Afraid it would break me… I know that sounds like I’m being cheap… well I am but I only work 3 hours a day and go to school full time, so I don’t make that much, and I still trying to pay off my tuition and book costs for college…but if it’s a good deal… I just might take up the offer. We shall see

I’ll catch everyone later!

Take care…
SueMarie301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2005, 07:00 PM   #11  
Oooo Silly Me!

Oh Cathy... I wanted to thank you for re-directing me to that DDR thread. I am not sure if I said thanks or not. I've been having problems with posting where the posts for POOF. So I lost track of what I have said hehehe... but thanks again!

Sue...
SueMarie301 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2005, 11:09 PM   #12  
Focus on the Process

S/C/G: 247/247/165

Height: 5' 8"

CIN-I have used soup cans in the past for toning. Weird but it works..huh? I'm feeling pretty good today. I'm doing what you said and my weight has gone from 203 back down to 201. Hoping I can make it in to the amazing ONEderland before my doctor appt. in February.

Hi Sue Marie-We have done so much painting today. I ought to sleep like a baby. Of course I'll have the scratchy splint on to rest my wrist. I hate that thing but it makes my hand feel better in the morning.

Hi Lynnie, Leenie, Kierie (what's up with the driving lesson? you don't drive? )and Hi to all the rest I missed. I'll check back tomorrow or Friday. It depends on how I feel after work tomorrow.

Nite Nite,
Chris
chrily is offline   Reply With Quote