Depression and Weight Issues Have you been diagnosed with depression, are possibly on depression medication, and find it affects your weight loss efforts? Post here for support!

Old 01-18-2005, 06:38 AM   #1  
I CAN DO THIS

Default Tuesday Chat ~ Jan 18th

Morning Ladies.
I have to work early today and had a few extra minutes this morning. Tho I still need . I didn't go see a doctor I was fine after the accident happened. Yesterday morning I woke up sore. and on the fun drive to work my neck was killing me. It didn't help that my friend who picked me up hit ice while driving to work and we slid alittle. My neck and shoulders are still a little sore but I am hoping that is all that it is and will go away in a few days. I hate doctors and hospitals.
I did good yesterday eating and did a small workout and got my workout in this morning. I have to still do less of it but it helps.
Well off to work.

/hugs
Stephanie
Ashlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2005, 08:56 AM   #2  

Default Help!

Hi! I haven't posted in a long time but I finally came to my senses and came back to where the support is! I need some help and some prayer! I had joined LA Weightloss last March. I lost 20lbs but quickly gained it back when I lost my dad to suicide in November. I had been under a tremendous amount of stress between work and taking care of my 88y/o dad. Not to mention my own family of 2 kids and a husband. I lost my mom 2 yrs ago and so we moved my dad down here in July. I have great support at home.

I have tried going back but I just can't focus! I weigh more than I have ever weighed in my life! I am miserable. I want to get the weight off but it's just not happening! I don't know what to do with myself! I am obsessed with this. Have been all my life. Just like my mom, I contribute every problem I have to the extra weight I carry around. My mom was obsessed with her weight! I want to break the cycle but just don't know how. I would appreciate any suggestions to get this weight off and to stop this cycle so I don't pass it down to my daughter! She's active and I'm grateful!

If I had all the money that I have spent on weight loss plans I've tried, I'd be a millionaire! I'm tired of it all! I know I need to get some exercise but I just feel stuck right now in this viscious cycle.

Janie
Janie61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2005, 09:00 AM   #3  
Focus on the Process

S/C/G: 247/247/165

Height: 5' 8"

Morning ladies..
I'm here but just haven't had a chance to post. My husband is home for the week and I have an eye appt. today. So...busy...busy...busy....

I'll check back later this afternoon when more people are awake and its less hectic around here.

~chris
chrily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2005, 10:32 AM   #4  

S/C/G: 209/179/160

Height: 5'3"

Good Morning Gang!

I got up early today and did my new 30 minute Walk and Jog tape by Leslie Sansone. WOW! I think it was just what I needed - a more intense 30 minute walk that was 2 1/2 miles instead of 2. It starts out more intense and then has several intervals of walking fast for 2-3 minutes and and then light jogging for 2-3 minutes. It went by really fast and was a good aerobic workout for me! Then I did 50 situps.
Jan Miles = 20.5

I feel good!

Janie - WELCOME! I think I remember you posting some time ago. I love your scripture verse on your signature! Sounds like you know where your hope and strength come from, so I'm sure you will be able to walk thru this very difficult time in your life! It sounds like you have been thru an awful lot girl! And we are here to support and encourage and share! You are in the right place. I probably have always been obsessed with my weight also - it for sure stays on my mind more than it should -but I've really tried to turn that obsession into something good, and use it to try to make sure that I eat healthy, count my calories, journal it all down, drink my water, and exercise. My suggestion (since you asked) would be simply to do one thing at a time. Pick one thing to start with - whether it be drinking your water, or journaling or counting calories, or exercising - whatever - but just one thing at a time. Maybe one thing a week - start with one thing this week and when you get that down, then add another the next week. No matter what you do - it really does all boil down to - eat less and move more - sorry but it does!

I look forward to getting to know you better and hope you will continue to join us on the daily thread. I also have a "weekly food log" going if you would like to join us. No pressure - it's just there if you would ever like to post with us there.

brb
cathyxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2005, 10:43 AM   #5  

ok - the other posts

Stephanie - I am SO GLAD that you are ok! it must be really dangerous with all the ice on the roads! we sure wouldn't know what to do down here on roads like that! be careful and take care of yourself. glad to hear that you are able to exercise even tho you are soar! just don't over do it!

Leenie - how is dd today? any better? how are you?

Cin - how many WW meetings today? is attendance still really high? Did you happen to see on the front of the Woman's World magazine that the headings was "Turbo Weight Watchers" (or something like that)? that's cool!

Sue Marie - did the DDR help with your stress! sometimes exercise is GREAT anger mangement! hehe There is a DDR thread under the Exercise thread on the forums. I think you said you were looking for it. and I agree - new year is a great time for a new start! you go girl!

April - that's great that ya'll walked yesterday! and now you've got me hungry for some dried cranberries. sounds good!

Liz - did you work last night again? you are so busy girl! when do you go on your trip? anytime soon? and did you find any exercise videos that you like?

Setina - congrats on the yard sale! you gonna do anything fun with your $96?

Chris - hope all goes well at the eye dr today! how cold is it in Montana today?

I'm sure I'm missing somebody - sorry - I don't mean too - trying to do this from memory and my poor little low thyroid memory has a rough time sometimes.

hey - did ya'll see on the national news where the construction worker had accidentally shot a nail up his face with a nail gun and didn't know about it for many days later! WOW! I cringe just thinking about it - the pictures/xrays were soooooooooooo eerie!

hope everyone has a BLESSED day!

hugs,
cathy
Old 01-18-2005, 01:28 PM   #6  

Smile Thanks!

Thanks Cathy for the welcome! Yes, I do have a lot going on! It's crazy! There are times that I wish the world would just stop for a little while so I can catch my breath! I'm in counseling and taking my meds. My depression is fairly stable right now, as long as I get enough sleep and eat right. I know that exercise would help me tremendously! Just finding the time is the problem.

You are right! I need to do one thing at a time. Right now, I'm trying to get my water in! We have a big push at work for walking. We wear our pedometers and log in the steps we get. We're on teams. One way we get extra points is to drink 8 glasses of water/day. That is probably the easiest thing I can do for now!

I just need some peace in my life! As far as the verse! It's my mantra! I just have to remind myself of it sometimes!

I may try the food log! Gonna pull out my WW flexpoints stuff and look at trying to do that. It's like I need a guide to eat by!!!! Crazy huh?!

Thanks!
Janie
Janie61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2005, 02:06 PM   #7  

Good morning everyone

It has gotten milder here.....but we have had freezing rain....the roads are very slippery....some of the highways are even closed....we didn't get our newspaper yet.....it usually comes about 7 A.M.....must be because of the slippery roads.

I do have to go out though....DH will drive me.....the main roads will probably be okay....have to get my Synthroid....a refill.

Not too much else happening here except....DH has torn the rugs out of the living room....he is going to paint in there....he is putting laminate flooring in there....then we will get new curtains....also new paintings for the walls.....it will look nice when it's done.

I have been doing good with eating this week.

Janie....I remember you....welcome back....for me....I had to get the depression under control....to do better with eating....so that it isn't such a struggle....trying to lose weight.
Also....I take 1 day at a time.

April
april99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2005, 02:22 PM   #8  

oh April - I did not know that you are taking synthroid for a low thyroid problem.

Did you happen to read my posts under the "Depression Article" thread - it has a lot of info about thryoid. But synthroid only contains T4, and Armour Thyroid contains both T4 and T3, (well T1 and T2 too), but T3 is VERY IMPORTANT and is a big factor in mental things like depression and anxiety, etc.

You may need to have your thyroid tested by having the Free T3, Free T4 tests done, that are not normally done. You may find that your T3 is low and that may be a big factor in your depression.

Please read the info at:

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/showthread.php?t=49146

The thyroid info starts on the 5th post on that thread called "Depression & Hypothryoidism".

If your doctor is unwilling to change you to Armour Thyroid then you could simply have him add Cytomel (which is T3) to your Synthroid - but a lot of people wonder why take 2 synthetic drugs (Synthroid and Cytomel with possible side effects like high blood pressure and weight gain) when you can take one natural drug (Armour Thyroid) and get everything that you need.

just trying to help!

Cathy
Old 01-18-2005, 02:32 PM   #9  

Cathy.....I am taking Synthroid because I had cancer of the thyroid....10 years ago this month I had surgery to remove all of my thyroid gland....I am tested once a year....to make sure the cancer hasn't come back.....so I have to take thyroid medication every day.

I will keep the information you are talking about.....& read it when I have more time.

April
april99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2005, 05:26 PM   #10  
Divine Gal

Default hello Ladies

Good evening ladies.I am so tired and I feel like crap today.i think its due to the weather being stupid.One minute its cold and the next minute its warm.I wish Mother Nature would make her mind.Other then that I am in a pretty good mood.I have been watching Tv and doing some cross stitch.Right now I am doing alot of back stitching on the outline.If I stay pretty much on this I am hoping to have it done with 2 months.
Dh should be on his way home from school right now.I am hope his first day went well.I know he was pretty excited.

*hugs*
lynnie
lynnie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2005, 07:34 PM   #11  

HI everyone.......just hanging on by a thread at the moment.....sorry I don't have time to address anyone.....no to the tapes Cath but I will get some this week.....not logging food either though I am keeping track.......just can't make the time right now.....having a crisis at work.......everyone probably thinks that I am nuts.........I'll explain more later.

Hang in there everyone.........hugs..........Liz
liz321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2005, 11:09 PM   #12  
Divine Gal

Man I really binged badly tonight.I don't know what came over me.I haven't used so many flexpoints in just one sitting.But I am on my way to bed because I feel so badly.I really wish spring would get here already.
lynnie24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2005, 11:13 PM   #13  
Focus on the Process

S/C/G: 247/247/165

Height: 5' 8"

April,
We are waiting for my dh's next doctor appt. to see if his thyroid has changed. He has 2 masses on it and they had done a biopsy on it but between the doctor's that examined it...none of them can agree whether it's cancerous or not. They say that thyroid cancer is a slow progression. So it's nice to see a post from someone whose been there.

~chris
chrily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2005, 11:29 PM   #14  
Walking by faith

Wink Checking in....

Just a quick hello to everyone

Janie: Welcome back to 3FC! I know you'll enjoy being part of our little group . I'm sorry to hear about your dad-that must have been very hard for you. I like what you said about money spent on weight loss programs-been there, done that

Stephanie: Please get yourself checked out by a doctor! And stay safe on those slippery roads!

Cathy: You're doing so great with your exercise

Lynnie: I hope you'll be feeling better. This weather doesn't help. Last week, it got up to 80 F ; this morning, it was 29F!

April: Glad to hear your weather is getting warmer. I take Synthroid too-only 88 mcg. Just a jump start for my thyroid

Chris: How are you doing?

Leenie: How are you? And how's your little girl?

Liz: You sound like you need a hug! Hope things get better for you at work.

I'm doing o.k. Still plugging along with my walker-slow but sure . Went shopping today, got my haircut, came home & ate dinner (cooked by DH ), and took a nice HOT shower .

It's been a busy day-time to retire!

Good night!
Stepping Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2005, 02:25 AM   #15  
Oooo Silly Me!

Hi Ladies…

Ashlie – Hopefully as you say, the stiffness and soreness will go away. Hopefully it doesn’t get any worse! Good going on the eating right!

Janie – Hi there Janie! *big hug* The ladies here are a great bunch and are very considerate and supportive. As I have said for myself… baby steps… you gotta take one day at a time. Going slow is okie, you have to be comfortable with the pace. Eventually things will start swinging in the right direction and things will move forward!

Cathy – hey there sounds like that video is just what the doctor ordered. 2.5 miles, wow, I gotta get my hands on those tapes, but I gotta get used to 1 mile <G>… I looked up some of Leslie’s videos, she’s got quite a few out there, lot of interesting ones I would like to look at as well as this jogging on you mention. The DDR… I knew I saw a post about it somewhere, just wasn’t sure where I saw it at. Thanks I’ll have to go check it out again it definitely took some stress away, I was yelling at that little dancing chick on the screen this time whew!

It was a loooooooong day today… I’m heading to bed hehehe…

Oh I did about an hours worth of DDR with the kid, on beginner mode of course, those jumps and hops are a killer! I can only handle one foot off the ground at one time

I binged big time today tho… I think the relatives are coming for a visit (Aunt Flo and Uncle Tom) ICK! When I say binged… I did more than binged… I pigged out … bad bad bad bad bad bad… I know… Hopefully this isn’t a bad sign though, specially with the relatives coming… that might mean a major pig out while they are here… hopefully I can regain some control!

Alrighty.. I’m off to bed… Ni Ni everyone…

Sleep well!
SueMarie301 is offline   Reply With Quote