Old 01-17-2005, 05:19 PM   #1  

Question I'm New..

Hi! Im new to the board....well a few days new but n e way. I would like some exercising tips.. I eat pretty decent and dont have a problem with the eating...I just can not get myself motivated to do something about it. I've been doing some like leg lifts or something to tone the side of my legs and I've noticed a difference in that.. I started cutting things i ate and what not since january '04 and i've only gained like 2 lbs..... SO thats a good thing he he Anyways any advice would be good .. I would like to do something f un and not boring cuz i lose interest pretty fast
lostxsoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2005, 05:29 PM   #2  
PamPSM644

Darlin, get a dog or take the one you have for a walk. Walking is wonderful exercize.With a low cal diet and walking my dog 30 min each day I've lost 70lbs.You can do this and why not have some good company with you while your doing it? Pam
PamPSM644 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2005, 06:04 PM   #3  
missaprylj

Welcome!!

Try to work out during commercials while you're watching TV. Do 15-25 situps or pushups, leglifts, run in place, etc. during the breaks.
Old 01-17-2005, 06:24 PM   #4  

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by PamPSM644
Darlin, get a dog or take the one you have for a walk. Walking is wonderful exercize.With a low cal diet and walking my dog 30 min each day I've lost 70lbs.You can do this and why not have some good company with you while your doing it? Pam
I have 2 dogs...I use to take them for a walk about 30 - 40 minutes a day..I have my niece from 2-8 or so at night tuesday-friday. I would like to take her for a walk but I don't have a stroller and to have her and 2 dogs would be a hassle.. :P I would luv ta do that tho.. I wonder if my brother can bring over the stroller... Its a wee bit cold outside too bleh wisconsin weather sucks butt haha

HoweverI really like both these ideas I will do them!!! Thanks you guys!
Old 01-17-2005, 07:48 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 261/158/below 160

Height: 5'8" (Dang, I shrank an inch!)

Welcome!

What kind of activity do you like to do? If you live near a YMCA, you might want to check out their classes. I've lived in areas that offered classes in the evening at elementary and middle schools.

You could also try exercise videos (or DVDs). Many of us like Leslie Sansone's Walk Away the Pounds tapes, which is a really easy place to start.

For me, it was about making the commitment. I started off doing land aerobics and committed to going three days a week, even when I didn't want to. I've since switched to water aerobics, and when something comes up and I can't attend a class, I do the WATP tapes. Also, consider weight lifting. It builds muscle, which boosts metabolism.

Good luck!
Sheila53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2005, 03:28 AM   #6  

Red face

Ok so there isnt anything that targets the abs? I was reading that you have to do a lot of cardio exercises..what would be some good ones to target the abs and inner thighs? My ma told me that i should get up earlier to do the walking thing..I just hope i can ... I suck at getting up earlier