Closed Thread

Old 01-17-2005, 08:35 AM   #1  

Height: 6'0"

Default Thin4Life -Week of Jan 17/05

Happy MLK Day and Happy Monday! I'm at work; we don't get this day off. It is blustery and cold here today--brrr! I had a great weekend. Saw the King's Brass and the play on Saturday which was very funny.

I'm so happy--on my scale, I'm down another 2#. I'm going to WI tonight, wish me luck! DH is not doing as well and he is quite upset. He has a 19 mile run today (he's preparing for the Mardi Gras Marathon), so he'll lose a lot of water weight!

I have a photo that I would like to post so you can see what I look like especially with my blonde hair, but I don't know how--could someone help me?

Melissa, sorry about your sprain. It sounds bad. I hope you're on the mend soon. How was the Bball tournament? Okay, Philly and Pittsburgh are in the playoffs--who do you root for or do you watch football at all? It's possible that the Super Bowl will be two PA teams! Wouldn't that be something?

What did everyone else do this weekend?
Old 01-17-2005, 10:25 AM   #2  

Default Pirates Booty etc.

I wanted to mention that several years ago I found out on this site about a low-point snack food, Pirate's Booty. It helps to satisfy our urges for something crunchy. Well, I was at the health food store over the weekend and found Fruity Booty made by the same company. Have any of you had this? I thought it was pretty bad--yuck.
Old 01-17-2005, 03:40 PM   #3  
si, si signora

Hi everyone,
Happy MLK Jr. today to everyone. He was a great inspiration and may his glory live on...

Melissa -- yikes on your sprain. I hope you are resting comfortably today.

Lisa -- I'm sorry you are at work today and its cold to boot. I have the day off but should probably go in or at least check in on work. I am sort of excited as I met someone on Friday who may be able to help me get started on a project that has baffled me.

I have yet to be able to figure out how to size an avatar, but I can try for you.

pm me for email.

So, busyish weekend here. Delayed four hours on Friday night at the San Diego Airport and didn't get home until 3:30. Took roya and jacques to acupunture and vet told us to start giving roya subcutaenous fluids once a week and stop giving her dry food. The subcutaneous fluids is sort of wierd, but she's an old cat with failing kidneys, so she's dehydrated. She seems to be really much happier now and we'll be learning to shoot her up.

The wet food seems to be a success too. We totally changed her over and she's quite fond of mackerel, turducken and lamb. The dog likes to clean up too.

Finally cleaned out the basement bedroom and now we can have guests again. DP did a great job too of sorting through her closet and has 8 bags of clothes that can be given to either dress for success or a shelter. I'm very proud of her as she likes to save things.

I need to do the same thing -- I have another rollaboard full of amenity kits and hotel stuff, some dresses that I won't wear and seven ! pairs of shoes to send off!

Short week for me. I leave for London on Thursday. Whoo hooo. London with a short hop to Paris on Saturday, right in time for the sales.

Lisa -- Fruity booty -- yech, I've had it too.

I saw some interesting food items in the newest shape, so i bought some soy butter and nutella. They are pretty good together.

Okay, I have said too much. Thanks for your ideas on my party. Looks like I better find somewhere this week...I think its going to be more like 80 bucks and fewer people, Seattle is not cheap to begin with and the economy here has bounced back with a vengeance!

have a great day ladies,

lala
Old 01-17-2005, 10:00 PM   #4  

Hi Ladies,

Things are still extremely busy. I actually spent a good part of Sunday afternoon at the office. Yikes..I have a huge presentation on Thursday so hopefully after that things will get a little better. The weather here is bitterly cold. Tonight it's going to go down to 0 and in the negative numbers tomorrow and Wednesday nights. Got a visit tonight from DS and his new girlfriend. Lauren and I both like her a lot...hope it works out. The scale was kind to me again on Friday with another 1/2 lb loss. I was very happy considering TOM was occuring.

Melissa take care of the sprain. Hope you are feeling better.

Lisa I've tried Pirates Booty but never Fruity Booty. I can only imagine how awful that must be. I didn't care for the regular Pirates Booty either. Unfortunately I'm no help in trying to post a picture but I hope you are able to figure it out. I'd love to see a picture of you new blond hair! Big congrats on your 2 lb loss that is terrific.

Lala I am sooooo envious of your travels. London on Thursday and Saturday in Paris...I want to be Lala!!! Enjoy the shopping. I had a little luck myself today..I went to a local mall and found a very nice pair of jean at Ann Taylor. Quite flattering. Hope Miss Roya is feeling better...how old is she?

Hi to Susan hope all is well.

Well ladies I think I'm going to do a little reading before bed tonight. Have a good night and I'll talk to you tomorrow.
Old 01-18-2005, 07:21 AM   #5  

Hi everybody. We had a blizzard overnight Sunday, so yesterday was a snow day. Pretty much the entire city was shut down - including the malls, so the roads must have been bad DH and I took advantage and cleaned the house from top to bottom. Bonus!

Results from this morning's official weigh-in: 1.5 lbs. That's after a run-in with some chocolate on Sunday night, so I'm really pleased. Target for coming week - 2 lbs.

We had a wonderful weekend. My sister came over for dinner on Saturday night. We hadn't spent any time with her since before Christmas, so it was good to catch up. Did an 11 km run on Sunday morning, followed by a 20-minute tanning session, followed by a wonderful skate on the lake behind our home. The ice was perfect. All that changed overnight of course but it was great while it lasted.

Melissa: Hope you're feeling better.

Pam: It's cold here too today, mostly due to wind chill factor.

lala: Have fun in London/Paris. Is this a weekend jaunt or longer?

Lisa: Congrats on the loss - 2 lbs is excellent. I hope you've figured out how to post your pic; I'd love a face to go with the name!
Old 01-18-2005, 07:37 AM   #6  

It's cold here today--40's (I know that's balmy for you northerners). Well, I'm upset, I showed a 1# gain at WI last night and was none too happy. I think my home scale must be on the fritz. Oh well. I did gain 4-5 pounds over Christmas, so I did lose weight, but I gained the weight after last month's WI. I'll keep going.

Susan, you're an inspiration. You are on the right track and you're doing it gradually. Hooray for you.

Pam, I love Ann Taylor. Yes, I want to be lala, too. Shopping in Paris--c'est magnifique!

lala, sorry about the airport delays--boring. I'm glad your animals are doing better. Hooray for the cleaning out--8 bags of clothes--that's a lot. I heart Nutella--had some this morning.

Melissa, how's your neck?
Old 01-18-2005, 10:54 AM   #7  
si, si signora

Oy, the weather everywhere is frightful!

Stay warm and dry. Its only under flood watch here and I could hear the rain last night. I guess Jacques will be out and about for an abbreviated visit to the front lawn.

Roya is 18.4 years old. She's a good old kitty, we just want her to stick around longer.

I also love Ann Taylor and don't think i'll be doing much shopping in Paris other than looking to see what longchamp has on sale and maybe hitting alain figaret for a modestly priced and quite well made shirt or two. I hope to spend under 200 euros in total.

Lisa -- how do you nutella?

Susan - 11 km run in the cold is a great feat! Congrats.

Pam -- hope the presentation goes well and glad that your visit with the new GF was also a success!

Okay, I'm on the way to let the dog out and feed and pill the little dears. I will hit the gym tonight. I was up in the middle of the night trying to figure out why the thermostat is programmed to go to 57 between 10 pm and 6 am and it was at 72 degrees in the house last night. I was roasting and now I am tired.

Oh well, short day today as I have an acupuncture this afternoon...

later dear taters and have a moderately low point day with at least 2 activity points thrown in with 48 oz. of non-caffeinated non-carbonated natural beverages,

lala

Melissa -- I am hoping that you are feeling better...
Old 01-18-2005, 12:23 PM   #8  

lala, I put Nutella on bagels; I've also dipped pretzels in it. How do you Nutella?
Does acupuncture really help? That is old for a kitty; she must be receive good care.
Old 01-18-2005, 05:21 PM   #9  

Okay, lifers, I posted my photo in my profile--couldn't figure out anything else. If you click on my underlined name in a posting, look at public profile and I think you'll see it. Let me know.
Old 01-19-2005, 07:30 AM   #10  

Good morning lifers. It's freezing here this morning - 20 with a slight wind that's resulting in -30 wind chill. Sun is shining brightly tho and reflecting off of all the new snow, so it is kind of pretty in a frozen sort of way.

Lisa: You look mahvelous dahling. You are so tall! I like the colour of your hair; is blond new for you? It becomes you.

lala: Wow, your cat is up there in human years. Is she still fairly active?

Went to the eye doctor yesterday and he confirmed what I've known for about a year or so. I need glasses again. I had laser surgery on both eyes in 1997 but I've noticed a definite decline lately. He said it is highly unusual for laser patients to regress after all this time. He suspects I'm developing cataracts and will monitor things closely for the next few years.

I must say I'm a little disappointed to have to go back to glasses again. I began wearing them when I was 5. The up side is that there are now so many styles to choose from, and my prescription doesn't restrict me in any way like it used to.

So, I dropped into Costco on the way home. It was serendipity; they were handing out discount coupons at the door and one was for $45 off of prescription glasses or sunglasses. I ordered two pair - one is completely rimless, so that the glasses disappear into your face. The others are way cool, navy blue with sunglasses that attach via magnet. They should be in late next week.

Gotta run. Hi to Melissa and Pam.

Last edited by Seasaw; 01-19-2005 at 07:33 AM.
Old 01-19-2005, 07:43 AM   #11  

It will get up to 60 today--woohoo! Our shower that has leaked off and on for 10 years (long story) is being tiled today. I still don't have all of the hurricane repairs done; the pool enclosure is supposed to be this month, but the month is running out. I'm still OP, but I'm still bummed about being up 1# at WI. Oh well, there's always next month.

Susan, thanks for the compliment. Yes, I changed my hair color in August after I was in a play. In the play I wore a blonde wig and people told me that I looked good. Sorry about the glasses. I would feel the same way. That is very odd about having laser surgery and regressing now. Hmmm I have glasses with the magnetic sunglasses and love them.

Hi to everyone else. Melissa, are you doing better?
Old 01-19-2005, 10:40 AM   #12  
si, si signora

Lisa -- I will dink with your pic today. You do look fabulous.

Susan -- I ended up buying glasses with autotinting. Why? I lost four pairs of clipons for my glasses and that cost about the same amount as my lenses.

Glasses are expensive. Mine were nearly 850 bucks this time (thin lenses, tinting, expensive frames). Yikes.

Okay, must let dog out. I have a drs appointment this morning to follow up with my hip. Wish me luck.

lala
Old 01-19-2005, 11:17 AM   #13  

Height: 5'7"

Hi everyone! Just a quick note to let you know I haven't dropped off the center of the earth, lol. Anyway, the back is coming along. I saw the doctor on Friday afternoon and he said I sprained the thoracic & cervical muscles. I'm on Daypro and Skelaxin and they're finally kicking in. Today is the first that I don't feel as bad as before. Yesterday I went to see the PT person and he did ultrasound/heat and that seems to be helping. I have another appointment on Friday. The doctor said I should be back to my "normal" self by mid-February. He told me to be careful with the snow/ice, etc. because I could aggravate it should I slip again.

It's a chilly 21 here--yesterday it was 9 when I got up and warmed up to a whole 12! Brrrrr.

I'll post more later on.
Old 01-19-2005, 11:27 AM   #14  

lala, thanks. When do you head to London? Is it tomorrow?

Melissa, glad to hear you are on the mend. Yes, be careful on that ice. That's dangerous stuff.
Old 01-19-2005, 11:37 AM   #15  
si, si signora

melissa ---

happy to hear from you.

Okay, i'm off to the gym and the doctors.

I will post qotd.

lala
Closed Thread