Old 01-16-2005, 10:39 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 274/?/175

Height: 5'8

Default does anyone else have the boob problem??

Sorry ladies and gents, but I just feel like venting here!

I've decided to jog/run/fast walk on the treadmill for 10 minutes out of my gym time every day, because i HATE it but I know I really should, and one of my fitness goals is to eventually do an 8 minute mile (never could, even in elementary school and on the track team! I was a thrower, though, so..) anyway, I got to 4 minutes at 6.0 and had to stop, because my boobs were flopping all over the place! It SUCKS, it HURTS, and it's NOT FAIR! I don't even want to have biological children, I just want them cut off! I know a few of you have undergone breast reduction, I was wondering if you'd recommend it? I'm going to look into it when I get to 180 because my insuarance will be much more likely to pay for at least part of it.

Okay, so I have, I kid you all not, a shock absorber sports bra, and it's the best I've tried so far. Even though it makes a huge difference, it really doesn't matter. WTF? Sorry, I was really annoyed today and had to get this off my chest! Ha, pun not initially intended but I guess I'll leave it in there.
djs06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2005, 11:20 PM   #2  
beautiful

but what if you start to lose your boobs as your weight loss increases?
and believe me i've thought about getting them cut off too but i've noticed that when i start to lose a bunch of weight my boobs get WAY smaller... and when i put the weight back on it goes straight to my boobs first.
jkfla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2005, 11:44 PM   #3  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

Height: 5'7"

I never lose weight in my boobs I'm not *that* big though, like a 38 or 40 (depending on the fit) C, borderline D. I'd like to be smaller when I lose weight though, they are always getting in the way.. grr!

-Aimee
SwimGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2005, 12:17 AM   #4  
beautiful

i'm in a 40-42 DD to DDD. i call mine 'freakishly huge' LOL
jkfla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2005, 12:41 AM   #5  
Crazy Canuck

At my top weight mine were 44D and now they're 38C. So there was a significant decrease, but I can tell you...as they shrank they sagged. Now, I don't expect to have perky boobs at my age, but I didn't expect them to deflate and droop as they have Let's just say I depend on heavy underwire support bras now and as much as I'm into female liberation, I won't be burning my bra anytime soon (errr, I guess that pretty much went out in the 60s anyway...gawd, I'm old).

In any event, I'd say you should expect some shrinkage if you're large to begin with, but I shouldn't think you sweet young things will have to worry too much about the boob droopage.

Oh, and Dana, this might sound a bit silly, but I was on a badminton team and felt rather insecure due to my chest - I was afraid they'd either fly up and knock me out as I jumped for the shuttle or that I'd win unfairly because my opponents would be mesmerized by the sight of my dancing breasts, so I always wore TWO bras - a sports bra underneath and a support bra over top of that. Just a suggestion.

P.S. - Sandi...I "udderly" forbid you to post what I know you're thinking
Jillegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2005, 12:56 AM   #6  
Building a Better Me

S/C/G: 310/*ticker*/250

Height: 5'3"

I have the same problem, and can never seem to find an answer... I hope they shrink a bit when I lose weight (although I'm not excited to be 22 with saggy boobs)
Jacque is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2005, 02:09 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 274/?/175

Height: 5'8

Jill. I've tried the 2 bra thing before, and might go back to it, because it's the closest I've gotten to feeling like I wasn't going to be knocked in the nose. Hey, maybe you can burn your old bras? Hey, it's all about the symbolism, right?

See, based on previous experience, my best guess is that at my goal weight I'll be a DD. I'm a really tight DDD now (but seriously, try finding something bigger, finding a triple d is a longshot, plus, what the heck comes after it? is it E or F? because no comany seems to agree!) Ginormous boobage is in the genes, unfortunately. I've got these pictures of myself when I lost all this weight, and the first thing you see is the boobs. I always want to call myself Dolly Parton Junior when I see those pictures, but I digress.

Last edited by djs06; 01-17-2005 at 02:12 AM.
djs06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2005, 07:58 AM   #8  
1/2 Marathon May 15 2011

S/C/G: see ticker

Height: 5'0"

well atleast your boobs don't leak!!

I just buy a good "old lady" bra - that seems to work for me. I'm a 44DD today.

Dana
Charbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2005, 09:58 AM   #9  
Abby's Mommy

I dont personally have anything to complain about in that department... I wear a 36-38 B. But, my sister has "Dollys" and has to buy her bras at a mascectomy(sp??) shop, b/c they make them for her. Her size? 34 JJ. Thats right. 34 JJ Any way, you might look online and find a better bra?
Ivanna B. Skinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2005, 11:57 AM   #10  

Just in case you missed them, two great sources for heavy-duty sports bras are www.title9sports.com (specifically, http://www.title9sports.com/jump.jsp...rID=456&KICKER) and www.junonia.com. I also have a serious Champion bra that I love that I got from www.justmysize.com, but I think it only goes up to DD; they carry it on Title 9 but JMS was cheaper.
funniegrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2005, 12:03 PM   #11  
I climb mountains!

S/C/G: 284/208/145

Dana -- I had a breast reduction when I was 19, and I would recommend it wholeheartedly. I know exactly what you're going through, and I have never regretted my decision. In my case, my insurance (Blue Cross Blue Shield) paid almost the entire cost. They removed 6 pounds of fat -- and I went into it at like 120 pounds. Even then I was only down to a C. Do a search on here with "breast reduction," and you'll see that I wrote a complete description of my experience for someone who was asking for info on it. I don't know if I creeped everyone out with my graphic description or what, but my post just killed that thread! Not a single response after mine....ah well, the procedure isn't for the faint of heart, but it's ABSOLUTELY worth it, if you've got boobs big enough to have this problem. Serious, girl. Call me or email me, and I'll tell you all about it anytime.
lessofsarahtolove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2005, 12:11 PM   #12  
PamPSM644

Boobies have been a problem with me to at times. When I was younger everytime I ment a guy he would say hello to them before finding my face. Grrrr.Now they are heading south and I have to have heavy duty bras to keep them up.Uncomfortable.I'm also eagerly a waiting menopause.
PamPSM644 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2005, 12:36 PM   #13  
Just Me

S/C/G: 364/--/182

Height: 5'6"

I wish I had a boob problem Although I would never get breast implants, I'm thinking once I get to my goal I may have a breast lift.
nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2005, 12:58 PM   #14  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

I'm gonna butt in here because I was thrilled with that part of my weight reduction!
I went from specialty store to a 34B from WalMart. Couldn't be happier!
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2005, 01:05 PM   #15  
Live for the Moment!

So far I like my boobs.. I wear about a 40D and they seem a little on the larger size however still very porpotioned to my body...

Although Dana, I do hear what you're saying about the working out.. Once I really get going, mine as well flop all over the place and it drives me crazy!
Br00klyn is offline   Reply With Quote